LoSSes to be had

andyt2k

TPF have short memories apparently. Not surprising since they also forgot that an MDoaP usually trumps an ODoaP. Forgetful alliance apparently.

Well since you insist on equating 5+ years ago with current day, I'll type something for the first time in my 5 years of OWF posting.

"Optional Defense Network"

As for our entry into the current war, AI was the only ally we had under attack when our DoW happened.

You're side is the kings of calling anyone who ever attempted to fight on both sides of a conflict idiots.

But the simple truth is that we were never going to be on the DH side in this war. INT knew this. GATO knew this. I honestly doubt very much they even want to be supporting Umbrella/DH but they feel the need to go down with the ship, so here we are.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At any rate I've lost my respect for LoSS. I doubt I'll be able to convince everyone into cancelling but all I need is four votes.

Aww Damn Loss... Look what you did, should just pack up and disband. Lost the respect of one person on the opposite side.... The horror!!

I guess. I don't remember. What side was GATO on in that war anyway? Were we tied to ODN then...I think so.........guess I'd have to see the DoW if I posted and what I posted. 

I don't remember where GATO was that war, I think you might have declared neutrality or fought briefly on both sides. I'm not even sure you were in CnG at the time. But something similar happened to us in the same war. We DoW'd GOONS. MK/UMB started attacking us without a DOW as well, claiming that an attack on GOONS was an attack on all of DH. They ended up calling in Athens and LOST to defend them once we started giving MK a ton of mid-tier trouble.

This is funny coming from a hegemony alliance. 

...Pot calling the kettle black much? This is funny coming from a hegemony alliance that abandoned the ship just before it sank, flipped to side with the "new hegemony" and enabled them in their oppression for multiple years.

You can do better than this.

This has everything to do with bandwagoning. They chose to oA on an oA on an oA meaning neither their ally nor their allies ally was being attacked. Then they waited until Equilibrium had overwhelming numbers to attack. How big does the advantage have to be and how far away must the treaty chain be until you can call it bandwagoning?

They waited because throwing all we have on one heap for easy pickings would be silly. Ever heard of strategy, buddy? 
Edited by Turin

Well since you insist on equating 5+ years ago with current day, I'll type something for the first time in my 5 years of OWF posting.

"Optional Defense Network"

As for our entry into the current war, AI was the only ally we had under attack when our DoW happened.

You're side is the kings of calling anyone who ever attempted to fight on both sides of a conflict idiots.

But the simple truth is that we were never going to be on the DH side in this war. INT knew this. GATO knew this. I honestly doubt very much they even want to be supporting Umbrella/DH but they feel the need to go down with the ship, so here we are.

GATO and Ai were both in the conflict at the time you DoWed. You have an MDoAP with GATO and an oDoaP with Ai. I would have personally gone with the MDoAP because personally I vote for MDoAPs because I feel like that alliance has my back and vice versa and I vote oDoAP when I don't feel quite as strongly. Maybe TPF does it backwards. I dunno. What I do know is that TPF (although less so then loss) seemed to DoW when and where they had nothing to lose on the side that had gotten to the point of overwhelming victory already. 

We can go back and forth and you can play your little quips about Optional Defense Network (when I wasn't around btw) or some other alliances past. But we can all agree on who the new bandwagoners are and they are not on our side. 

...Pot calling the kettle black much? This is funny coming from a hegemony alliance that abandoned the ship just before it sank, flipped to side with the "new hegemony" and enabled them in their oppression for multiple years.

They waited because throwing all we have on one heap for easy pickings would be silly. Ever heard of strategy, buddy? 

There is the difference between being a hegemony and choosing a side. ODN has never been in a hegemony. They have chosen a lot of winners though I wasn't in ODN for those so I wouldn't know much about it. 

Also please don't insult my intelligence by saying that you don't declare on heaps when you have a 22 x 2 DoW sitting so plainly in sight. Your side knew the whole time what they were rolling with and what we were rolling with. These guys just decided to wait and strike at the opportune time for themselves.

You do have Grämlins though ...

Also ODN had treaties to jump in on that conflict.  

Just ... be honest with that your doing.  Treaty chain it.  

Being destroyed is just part of the cycle.

Heres to war :)

Cant preach what you dont practice. 

The honesty here is some people are sad just because LoSS is not on their side, there is absolutely no other problem. All of the people criticizing LoSS have bandwagoned themselves more than once in the past and/or havent bothered to show the chains when they were on the winning side and play semantics themselves. 

And yea, to a good fight o\.

Strategy is attacking alliances with other alliances suited to tear them to pieces.  It is not dogpiling, it is utilising matchups to your advantage.  

While dogpiling might win you a war, to call it strategy is like calling brute force a strategy: it might work, but it lacks finesse.  

GATO and Ai were both in the conflict at the time you DoWed. You have an MDoAP with GATO and an oDoaP with Ai. I would have personally gone with the MDoAP because personally I vote for MDoAPs because I feel like that alliance has my back and vice versa and I vote oDoAP when I don't feel quite as strongly. Maybe TPF does it backwards. I dunno. What I do know is that TPF (although less so then loss) seemed to DoW when and where they had nothing to lose on the side that had gotten to the point of overwhelming victory already. 

We can go back and forth and you can play your little quips about Optional Defense Network (when I wasn't around btw) or some other alliances past. But we can all agree on who the new bandwagoners are and they are not on our side. 

We have no problem with any of our allies fighting for this side or that. As far as we're concerned they all have valid reasons for choosing their side in this thing and we don't expect anyone to defend us or anything like that. If they want to...hey we'll take it, of course but if they choose not to that is fine to. I just would expect my allies to at least be truthful and honest in their actions in whatever they choose to do. I'll get over this. The end result is the same. I just wish they could have come out and said hey oA instead of defense. They belittle themselves and I guess it pissed me off for a minute to see an alliance I thought to be above that..not be.

There is the difference between being a hegemony and choosing a side. ODN has never been in a hegemony. They have chosen a lot of winners though I wasn't in ODN for those so I wouldn't know much about it. 

Also please don't insult my intelligence by saying that you don't declare on heaps when you have a 22 x 2 DoW sitting so plainly in sight. Your side knew the whole time what they were rolling with and what we were rolling with. These guys just decided to wait and strike at the opportune time for themselves.

haha, now that's a myth. :awesome: You've been in hegemony(s) longer than all other alliances in this world.

Edited by shahenshah

Cant preach what you dont practice. 

The honesty here is some people are sad just because LoSS is not on their side, there is absolutely no other problem. All of the people criticizing LoSS have bandwagoned themselves more than once in the past and/or havent bothered to show the chains when they were on the winning side and play semantics themselves. 

And yea, to a good fight o\.

Well, some of it being upset that some alliances are ignoring some treaties while honoring others.  To be brutally honest that practice has always existed in CN as far as I can remember.  Doesn't make the treaty bonds stronger, but eh, what can you do when its 22 on 2?  

We aren't going down without a fight tho.  Think what you will, DH is not as bad as your side seems to think it is.

o/ to the fight :D

I mean everyone needs their obstacle to overcome.  Glad we could be that obstacle :D

Edited by Caliph

That is correct, ODN was an enabler, just like 3/4 of your so loudly propagated "hegemony" alliances. There is literally no difference between you and them except for the fact that you flipped sides when things got rough while they stuck it out. Enabling of and participation in acts of aggression puts you in as much blame as the enabled. Most of us have moved on from the days of 5 years back, but if you insist on bringing it up we can not help but correct you.

as for the second part of your post... Please just stop. LoSS made it clear from scratch that they were with us. (Magic confirmed so in this very thread). They came in later at our request. Perhaps you should stop assuming and guessing so much and stick to the facts.

Edited by Turin

Anyway, I'm out. Mindless o/ Equilibrium o/ LoSS o/ The Return of Lopsided Wars o/ The Return of Harsh Reps for defending an ally o/ The New/Old Hegemony

Because DH's beatdowns over the past years werent lopsided? Because GOONS never extracted unneccessary reps? Because your side never extracted reps from alliances who were simply chained in?

Caliph, on 27 Jan 2013 - 01:35, said:

Strategy is attacking alliances with other alliances suited to tear them to pieces.  It is not dogpiling, it is utilising matchups to your advantage.  

While dogpiling might win you a war, to call it strategy is like calling brute force a strategy: it might work, but it lacks finesse.

It was a strategy to keep LoSS fresh and in reserve until certain alliances on your side where place. You are misplacing my words.
Edited by Turin

Because DH's beatdowns over the past years werent lopsided? Because GOONS never extracted unneccessary reps? Because your side never extracted reps from alliances who were simply chained in?

It was a strategy to keep LoSS fresh and in reserve until certain alliances on your side where place. You are misplacing my words.

You have about 1/3 of all alliances in existence on your side in this coalition.  Are you saying you were so scared of GOONS that you had to call in LOSS to handle them and not use one of your 22 other alliances who have not seen much fighting?  

After all, "an attack on one is an attack on all", right?

Edited by Caliph

You're incorrect. GATO entered the war on January 24th. We'd been fighting TOP for 3 days at that time. When we DoW'd only AI among our allies had been attacked.

And don't tell me I'm playing my "little quips" you're the one who brought up stuff that TPF was a part of 5+ years ago. If we we're still Hegemony now, you're still Optional Defense Network.

I don't see any bandwagon riding though. Just coalition warfare. You guys taught us that with your deeds of the past several wars.

You have about 1/3 of all alliances in existence on your side in this coalition.  Are you saying you were so scared of GOONS that you had to call in LOSS to handle them and not use one of your 22 other alliances who have not seen much fighting?  

After all, "an attack on one is an attack on all", right?

Oh yes, we were definetely scared of GOONS, that has to be it.

Caliph, I consider you to be smart and knowledgeable enough to understand the way this game works. Both our sides are making their decisions with the grand picture in mind. We are both in a different situation and are working to come out on top of this. To taunt the opponnent for playing the political game is simply semantics. I'm quite sure that if you had the manpower to call in, you would commit the same apparently "atrocious" dogpiles as well.

Well at any rate I still wish LoSS the best of luck. Hopefully, you aren't being used as a shield here. The existence of an actual DoW on GOONs by you and whoever else declared on them is almost sure to draw the ire of NG. I'm just hoping it wasn't a ploy to let NG hit you so that the alliances that hit but did not declare on TLR can be spared. Like I said best of luck. Do try to be more honest and up front in the future. People apparently remember stuff like this.

Oh yes, we were definetely scared of GOONS, that has to be it.

Caliph, I consider you to be smart and knowledgeable enough to understand the way this game works. Both our sides are making their decisions with the grand picture in mind. We are both in a different situation and are working to come out on top of this. To taunt the opponnent for playing the political game is simply semantics. I'm quite sure that if you had the manpower to call in, you would commit the same apparently "atrocious" dogpiles as well.

The fact that we had such manpower and didn't do such dogpiles is a testiment in itself.

I do understand that this is coalition warfare, I'm just curious as to why you needed to call in outside forces to handle GOONS when a quick look at the amount of people on your side would suggest that you already had the manpower in existence, with your "attack on attack all" philosophy of all involved parties on your side.

The more the merrier tho :D

Edited by Caliph