LoSSes to be had

andyt2k

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet he still doesn't get it. Why do you think I gave up trying to convince him?

I almost feel like he's engaging me in psychological warfare...

Hahah the biggest dogpile ever? Name one time your alliance has ever fought a war where the sides were closer to even. Every war you have fought has been your side dogpiling someone else, now suddenly you face an opponent capable of beating you and you squeal at the top of your lungs. Amusingly enough, you even complain about being dogpiled in one breath and complain about not enough people declaring on you in the next.

You're a riot, keep posting, please.

I believe we're currently tied for most alliances on one alliance ever, sooo.... It actually is the biggest dogpile ever. That the overall odds are reasonably even considering CN history is another matter, but the dogpile on ODN is indeed one of the biggest dogpiles ever, if not the biggest dogpile ever.

I almost feel like he's engaging me in psychological warfare...

I believe we're currently tied for most alliances on one alliance ever, sooo.... It actually is the biggest dogpile ever.

Are we back to this one?

So if 10 alliances with 10 useful nations each declares against a much larger, single alliance with 120 useful nations, the single alliance is outnumbered. 100:120, you would call outnumbered.

Don't you folks get tired of riding the fallacy merry-go-round all day?

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Are we back to this one?

So if 10 alliances with 10 useful nations each declares against a much larger, single alliance with 120 useful nations, the single alliance is outnumbered. 100:120, you would call outnumbered.

So how's it feel to be one of the nations on your side that aren't useful? :smug:

So how's it feel to be one of the nations on your side that aren't useful? :smug:

Eh, I am riding the edge of useful already. Wait a few more days, as more nations drop into my range and hopefully some of those peace mode warriors come out to join them. I expect to be pretty useful before this is over.

Thanks for your concern, though. And thanks for giving so many of our smaller nations a chance to be useful as well. :awesome:

It is as  much of a strategy as 

- Using another alliance position as protection from counters, that's not actually much of strategy.

- Hiding your lower tiers in peace mode while the upper fights and then bringing them out when the higher tier falls to the tiers below it.

I see no master strategy, it's just a numbers game.

It requires something, something is needed to have the will to bring down so many top tier nations and smash them for months.

Wars of the past have not been so different, TOP/C&G war is not much different alliances were threw at the other side.

Except those strategies utilise matchups, playing strengths against weaknesses.  Dogpiling ignores all of that and just throws people into the meatgrinder in the hopes that eventually the enemy will run out of bullets and you'll be able to overrun their position using human wave tactics.

Utilising such "strategy" is not something to be proud of.

And what you are doing is something new and revolutionary?

Never said it was, mate :)  Its what I've done time and time again though, so why change now?

Well, I'm obviously not the first to say I am not the most particular, biggest fan of this DoW, but nevertheless I still love LoSS and wish them no ill will.

o/ LoSS

Edit: New forum coding sucks testicles

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

Are we back to this one?

First, I'm talking ODN here, not the overall war. Run the numbers if you like. There are two alliances on us that have more NS than us straight up and it's not like ODN's average nation strength is dominating. To suggest alliances like NpO, MHA, Sparta (okay, that one is believable), Legion, Fark and NATO have only ten useful nations a piece is ridiculous. That's six of like 24 or 25 now and the bulk of them are fully committed to us and INT.

Except those strategies utilise matchups, playing strengths against weaknesses.  Dogpiling ignores all of that and just throws people into the meatgrinder in the hopes that eventually the enemy will run out of bullets and you'll be able to overrun their position using human wave tactics.

It's not human wave tactics.

You have a greater ability in keeping your opponents in anarchy and you can supply the best equipped nations to take them on,

Human waves imply it is cannon fodder, on this planet the more nations you have the more nations you have that are best equipped and less you require nations who aren't so advanced and can't fight as good due to lack of certain things.

Just look at most of the alliances in this Dogpile, a lot are just mostly chilling waiting for rebounds.

It is an effective way to conduct an extermination, plus it saves a whole lot of trouble.

And it is this sort of attitude that has you making huge mistakes.  We don't have to beat you, you're doing a great job at beating yourselves.

Even Glenn Beck would compliment this spin.

Implying Equilibrium is beating themselves, and therefore, you're winning. Good play, mate. I love you, but I think you're losing your grasp on reality to tow the line.

Utilising such "strategy" is not something to be proud of.

It's not the strategy that is being used, however. You can only wish we were that dumb.

LoSS went in with NPL, having turned down other assistance as we aren't a dogpile bandwaggon alliance The issue is, so many people hate GOONS it's hard to keep others from jumping in. That's not a sly dig at GOONS, it's just a fact. This war wasn't set up to be 30 on 3, however, you give people the chance to hit DH and they'll take it. No one came to LoSS and said "hey we're looking from alliances for our plan to take down DH, do you want to join us", no there was trouble between Umbrella and AI and there was potential for war, so people were knocking down the door to get in on the action Same as the Karma war, a chance to smack NPO around, that's all that was needed, just making it known there was a chance to hit them

the amount of shittalking in this thread is reaching a idiotic balance, it's not like it's resolving or dealing or doing anything about the current issue, we all hate each other, let the nukes fly, let the world be destroyed as my hatred for pacifica and shitpile comes to a conclusion.

LoSS went in with NPL, having turned down other assistance as we aren't a dogpile bandwaggon alliance The issue is, so many people hate GOONS it's hard to keep others from jumping in. That's not a sly dig at GOONS, it's just a fact. This war wasn't set up to be 30 on 3, however, you give people the chance to hit DH and they'll take it. No one came to LoSS and said "hey we're looking from alliances for our plan to take down DH, do you want to join us", no there was trouble between Umbrella and AI and there was potential for war, so people were knocking down the door to get in on the action Same as the Karma war, a chance to smack NPO around, that's all that was needed, just making it known there was a chance to hit them

Zoom.

This war wasn't set up to be 30 on 3, however, you give people the chance to hit DH and they'll take it. No one came to LoSS and said "hey we're looking from alliances for our plan to take down DH

Enhance.

This war wasn't set up to be 30 on 3

This just proves how far away (and how unconnected) to the main branch of equilibrium you truly are, this war was totally and completely meant to curbstomp DH. Though all it's really doing is giving our DH allies a stranglehold on the upper tier.

I have to agree with jazz there andy, this war was enterily set up to cover DH through a dogpile ratio months ago bud, it's not like umbrella/top/mk would have been an easy fight, if it was then the numbers would have been far less. Plus LoSS never had any issue with DH, I can deffo understand cifica and few others but throughout LoSS history the biggest dicks to you lads, well you standing right next to them. Plus it's not like you lads are drastically connected with whats actually going on, never were never was, so all you're fed is primarily who you're closest to which is whom you currently fighting with, TIO. You're doing what's best for them, I understand that, TIO always been there, never deserted you lads when you needed and always supported ya, so this whole debacle of not supporting GATO is silly. GATO are decent folks but not as close as LoSS-TIO.

All this arguying as to why, when where is seriously just chest pumping, we should just enjoy our nukes. I hope goons do damage, thus our side does better etc. I still love you all and wish you all the best.

o/ LoSS

o/ Goons

o/ Umbrella

Edited by Amossio

Oh I don't pretend to like everyone on the Equi side of things, I'd happilly swap a few alliances around to make my side a side I can really get behind and the DH side as the proper evil enemy LoSS don't have global agendas, we don't care about the "big blocs" and the "people pulling the strings" War is fun, our guys need war experience, goons suck, this helps TIO, no one else needed our help, so wasn't that tough a decision really

First, I'm talking ODN here, not the overall war. Run the numbers if you like. There are two alliances on us that have more NS than us straight up and it's not like ODN's average nation strength is dominating. To suggest alliances like NpO, MHA, Sparta (okay, that one is believable), Legion, Fark and NATO have only ten useful nations a piece is ridiculous. That's six of like 24 or 25 now and the bulk of them are fully committed to us and INT.

I believe this is the first time ODN has faced such odds in 5+ years? no wonder the bawwing. Its okay, see all the major CN alliances around you? They've all faced similar odds atleast twice or more before in the same time period, they're all around. 

Edited by shahenshah

Oh I don't pretend to like everyone on the Equi side of things, I'd happilly swap a few alliances around to make my side a side I can really get behind and the DH side as the proper evil enemyLoSS don't have global agendas, we don't care about the "big blocs" and the "people pulling the strings"War is fun, our guys need war experience, goons suck, this helps TIO, no one else needed our help, so wasn't that tough a decision really

Ahhh so you went in based on need? Well it all makes sense. TIO needed help with GOONs since GOONs was all over them and we're going to be fine.......

Glad you cleared that up. It makes feel a lot better knowing how little you think of their side and how highly you think of us. Hell if they need help on a 40-12 supposed beatdown and we don't on the supoosed short end....we must be doing something right. Edited by magicninja

Ahhh so you went in based on need? Well it all makes sense. TIO needed help with GOONs since GOONs was all over them and we're going to be fine.......

Glad you cleared that up. It makes feel a lot better knowing how little you think of their side and how highly you think of us. Hell if they need help on a 40-12 supposed beatdown and we don't on the supoosed short end....we must be doing something right.

You arent really fighting yet. 

Glad you cleared that up. It makes feel a lot better knowing how little you think of their side and how highly you think of us. Hell if they need help on a 40-12 supposed beatdown and we don't on the supoosed short end....we must be doing something right.

Cmon magic, every alliance on the other side knew going in they would need as much help as they would get against us. ;)

TIO aren't getting a beat down but TIO and AI are at war with Umbrella, GOONS hit AI, us hitting GOONS takes nations and focuss off AI, which gives them more to hit Umbrella with, which helps TIO No TIO doesn't need saving, no we're not scared of the big bad DH, but if in any slight way it helps TIO, then I'm all for it We hit someone not allied to any of our allies GOONS hit an ally of an ally. War is fun, what more reasons could you want