Upper End of the War

Vasily Blyukher

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "big nations are wardodgers" statement makes no sense. I have been ZI'd more than 5 times.

How many of those times did you immediately buy back up. How much tech did you have each time.

Keep in mind -- You could very well have been engaged over 60-70% of the time in unfavorable conditions in the past 4-5 global war (although highly unlikely,) and you would still be the exception to the rule.

It's not difficult if you manage to keep your nation alive and have an ounce of dedication once every ten days for 4-5 years. I wouldn't say it makes someone better than someone else for simply existing and having developed under more favorable conditions with more tools.

I still find it humorous that some people have the inferiority complex about them about having to defend their large nations. Congratulations! Universally recognized game mechanic problems allow you to do an obscene amount of damage and then buy back like it was a mosquito bite after the way down.

I just wouldn't expect people who have been sitting at 100-300k ns for the past several years to be able to deliver the greatest insight on how you can go from 0 - 70k ns , 16 wonders and a billion dollar warchest in a year and a half, and if you can't, you might as well not be playing - you're terrible etc.

Edited by IYIyTh

How many of those times did you immediately buy back up. How much tech did you have each time.

Keep in mind -- You could very well have been engaged over 60-70% of the time in unfavorable conditions in the past 4-5 global war (although highly unlikely,) and you would still be the exception to the rule.

It's not difficult if you manage to keep your nation alive and have an ounce of dedication once every ten days for 4-5 years. I wouldn't say it makes someone better than someone else for simply existing and having developed under more favorable conditions with more tools.

I still find it humorous that some people have the inferiority complex about them about having to defend their large nations. Congratulations! Universally recognized game mechanic problems allow you to do an obscene amount of damage and then buy back like it was a mosquito bite after the way down.

I just wouldn't expect people who have been sitting at 100-300k ns for the past several years to be able to deliver the greatest insight on how you can go from 0 - 70k ns , 16 wonders and a billion dollar warchest in a year and a half, and if you can't, you might as well not be playing - you're terrible etc.

The last part was from me. I didn't say you're terrible. I said you were probably either making the choice not to grow or probably lacked the discipline to get tech deals every 10 days religiously. There is also a part that plays in how you build up your nation, even though people seem to say everybody got it all figured out. When to buy which wonder, etc. I've seen many models and they're definitely not all the same or as good as the others. 

The last part was from me. I didn't say you're terrible. I said you were probably either making the choice not to grow or probably lacked the discipline to get tech deals every 10 days religiously. There is also a part that plays in how you build up your nation, even though people seem to say everybody got it all figured out. When to buy which wonder, etc. I've seen many models and they're definitely not all the same or as good as the others. 

How many tens of billion dollar full wonder set nations were there in 2009.

How many tens of billion dollar rogues were there in 2009.

Things have changed. People can melt your infra off with 40-50 + a/c attacks or similarly damaging cm's with little tech due to their wonders and other advantages. Wars may be less frequent but they are often longer and more damaging to the upper mid down tier due to their inability to buy back as quickly to the proportion of their outuput of damage as the upper upper tier can.

To say that any nation can very easily mosey their way into the upper tier within a year and half and have 16 wonders and a bill to spare is silly.

How much tech do you think a nation like this would have?

Edited by IYIyTh

I fought 3 TOP (stukov, lumwood and telchar) with superieur techlevels in bipolar, they slaughtered me and brought me back to 8k tech, I wouldt wake up at update and was a noob back then. Since then I learned a lot about cn warfare (esp from Oyababy) I raided a ton of tech and always had my slots full of tech :)

I fought 3 TOP (stukov, lumwood and telchar) with superieur techlevels in bipolar, they slaughtered me and brought me back to 8k tech, I wouldt wake up at update and was a noob back then. Since then I learned a lot about cn warfare (esp from Oyababy) I raided a ton of tech and always had my slots full of tech :)

How many rounds did you fight them?

I fought almighty Grub when he was at 6k NS with a full wonderset, a 6+ billion dollar warchest only to prevent him rebuying and declaring on more IRON members for about four more days since I was out of nukes. The damage I did was inconsequential (Read: insignificant,) compared to the damage I took.

Polar had about 18 similar nations below 18k ns.

I take it anyone engaged by them or engaging them in a futile effort to bleed their cash wouldn't be someone Yev would consider as just making a choice not to grow or as Caliph referred to more colorfully as basically a steaming pile of shit simply due to the reality of their situation.

I'm not saying it's better to be one or the other, I just think it's silly people still try to do the whole "i have a large nation it is so easy to get big like i did 3-4-5-6 years ago," and "I'm better than you are because i'm big and everyone else can suck it," or "I'm really skilled because of my scaled casualties or because game mechanics," shenanigans.

Edited by IYIyTh

That some of you are repeatedly spouting that "we are better than you" propaganda in various flavours, when not plain insults, in an OOC thread which is centered on discussing statistics and game mechanics is plainly appalling.

All sorts of people play this game with a variety of attitudes, objectives, possibilities (spare time), chances (sheer luck) and level of commitment, and I didn't even start to touch on the subject of the effect of CN politics on the individual chances to develop your nation. Having more combat-effective high-NS nations has a very tenuous connection with actual RL "competence", and bringing here your stupid sense of superiority about it just raises horrible suspects about your level of terrible.

Get over yourselves.

That some of you are repeatedly spouting that "we are better than you" propaganda in various flavours, when not plain insults, in an OOC thread which is centered on discussing statistics and game mechanics is plainly appalling.

All sorts of people play this game with a variety of attitudes, objectives, possibilities (spare time), chances (sheer luck) and level of commitment, and I didn't even start to touch on the subject of the effect of CN politics on the individual chances to develop your nation. Having more combat-effective high-NS nations has a very tenuous connection with actual RL "competence", and bringing here your stupid sense of superiority about it just raises horrible suspects about your level of terrible.

Get over yourselves.

Exactly, I couldn't have said better my friend. Their attitude is almost like they were overcompensating for something...

Pretty sure he was including you when making his statement,

Pretty sure he wasn't since I wasn't claiming superior skills in nation building neither I was bragging about how my big nation makes me a might warrior. The "we are better than you" non sense is coming from your coalition, who call themselves "competence".  

Edited by D34th

Pretty sure he wasn't since I wasn't claiming superior skills in nation building neither I was bragging about how my big nation makes me a might warrior. The "we are better than you" non sense is coming from your coalition, who call themselves "competence".  

Still pretty sure he was including you, more subtle jokes than Steve Martin.

I only stated that tayloj was a rogue prior to the war and on the DBDC AA prior to the war. If he joined during the war, then so be it.

I liked to think of myself more as a free agent providing much needed aid to inactive alliances by boosting activity and war readiness

Sorry Tick, but I wasn't thinking of D34th.

I wasn't talking of any coalition either, anyway. My rant was for some few very specific posters that had started thinking that their rivals can be called excrements, more or less directly, because of some stats that they possess in minor quantity in this silly game. It's surprising how an online game can continue to get to the head of certain kinds of people. It makes you think.

D34th, I too like you but please be sure that you don't try to exploit my rants for whatever propaganda objective of yours, ok? ;)

Edited by jerdge

Sorry Tick, but I wasn't thinking of D34th. I wasn't talking of any coalition either, anyway. My rant was for some few very specific posters that had started thinking that their rivals can be called excrements, more or less directly, because of some stats that they possess in minor quantity in this silly game. It's surprising how an online game can continue to get to the head of certain kinds of people. It makes you think. D34th, I too like you but please be sure that you don't try to exploit my rants for whatever propaganda objective of yours, ok? ;)

I'll try X)

Some of you act as if Umbrella was the only alliance in the world to be able to grow an upper tier these last couple years.

No, its was simply Umbrella has presented it as an untouchable force done by some miraculous and genius plan.  The amount of wars Umbrella as a whole (notice I said as a whole) has been actively engaged in or did heavy lifting is VERY light.

No, its was simply Umbrella has presented it as an untouchable force done by some miraculous and genius plan.  The amount of wars Umbrella as a whole (notice I said as a whole) has been actively engaged in or did heavy lifting is VERY light.

You can blame those who hid their upper tiers in peace mode to avoid fighting us for that.