Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1358645260' post='3080454']
Yeah seriously, the coalition really messed up in the op and should have said even though we have all the reason to DoW, the fact is that "we just don't like you" :awesome:

[img]http://www.johnlund.com/images/Broken-Umbrella-10284101288.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

One of the few times in this thread I actually agree with a post from your side.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1358645214' post='3080453']

Well, if you want to e-lawyer it. AI sees the actions of the Umbrella nations as hostile to AI. This war is a result of AI defending ourselves from hostile acts by Umbrella, [i]whether Umbrella intended them to be -- or believes them to be -- aggressive or not[/i]. By that, we're perfectly within rights to call in NPO and IRON via MD clauses. As NATO and TIO are not directly tied to AI, they can join in on oA clauses via NPO.

You do not get to be the sole arbiter of what is an aggressive act. So you can cry all you like, but AI sees aggression, and AI is defending against that.
[/quote]
[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1358645408' post='3080456']
I wasn't aware that Umbrella & Co knew the word diplomacy. I thought they had thrown that book out the pram a long time ago. I seem to recall your good friends MK claiming that a peace offering labelled "protected by MK" was diplomacy.
[/quote]
The amount of !@#$%^&* you're all spitting is laughable. Enjoy burning yourselves into irrelevance.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1358639445' post='3080367']
Y'know, the actual fighting isn't as fun as I hoped it would be. The resulting drama has met and exceeded all of my expectations though![/quote]

Yarly, the drama llama has come out in full swing.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358643275' post='3080422']
Ok guys.

We have seen this failure of a coalition against umbrella claim that they aren't aggressive for declaring an aggressive wars (claiming NPO isn't an aggressor is doubly hilarious because they followed a !@#$@#$ oA in and that Umbrella has no right to exercise BIBO.

Seriously. Get the $%&@ out. If Umb has no right hitting their rightful targets (and even absorbing damage AI would take) you have no !@#$@#$ fraction of a right to chain in aggressively.

Commander Shepard, you're an idiot and proving your side to be hypocritical.
[/quote]
When did you come back?

[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1358643699' post='3080428']
Which part of conspiring to allow a return to peacemode does your side have so much difficulty with? or does the fact that you are finally being held account for your behavior knock your braincells out?
[/quote]What part of Puppets not going to peace mode after this round does your side have so much difficulty with?

[quote name='TigerBaby' timestamp='1358645456' post='3080460']
Allow me to enlighten you from the perspective of an alliance who has been through the exact same thing a couple of years ago or so which also included kronos. They did exactly the same thing to us. Their members were roguing our nations then having their slots filled by kronos nations and you know what?
[/quote]

Heh I was involved that time as well.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1358644998' post='3080450']
You insisted on getting a cb so you could claim moral highground.
[/quote]

Maybe so, when then for GOONS and others to claim it isn't actually a CB and throwing statements around, when considering CB used in recent times especially the ones made by DH.

Kinda makes the whole ruse laughable and hypocritical.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358645046' post='3080451']
Because you're pretending us burning would be better for the world. And it wouldn't be as you've demonstrated by this clear act of barely warranted aggression. You tried no forms of diplomacy and instead jumped onto someone who was helping.you in a fight.
[/quote]

Their are two worlds, your world and our world. You burning would be better for our world and us burning would be better for your world. So I don't see the point in the first statement.

Wouldn't be a better world with this type of unwarranted act of aggression? Where was that statement when MK DoW on my alliance in the last war? Stop trying to act unbiased when you are not.

No form of diplomacy? I cannot speak for Ai but I do believe in a earlier post that they contacted Umbrella after the first round of slot filling. (Maybe wrong, but do not have the time to read through 50 pages to find it :P)

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358644025' post='3080434']
Prove it. Until then you and the Chromosome Hive are just blowing hot air hoping the sidelines will flock to you and your "just cause" instead of seeing through it.
[/quote]Yeah sure....we are waiting for flocks....this always works. While some folks may be arguing over the justification and validity of the situation...this was never presented as a just cause for the masses to flock to. In fact as per the OP:

[quote name='TRON IX' timestamp='1358553612' post='3078819']
[center]<snip>
For years, Umbrella has grown used to the ability to run roughshod over any party in situations such as these, and for years that is just what they have done with the backing of their allies. They believe that fear and memory of the recent past will cow Ai into ignoring this affront while they giggle amongst themselves at our expense. They are mistaken; that time is over for Umbrella.

PS: Our fantabulous friends heard there were casualties to be had and would like a stake in the restoration of a little respect on Bob... therefore:

<snip>[/center]
[/quote]

So bottom line Ai has had enough of UMB and their actions and the declaration is not only based on the most recent situation, but years of stupid actions and crap talk. Ourselves and other allies agreed enough was enough so it is Our Cause and we are doing something about it as requested many times before by UMB and others.

Really nothing to see through here, nor is there any great call for any just cause for others to flock to. We are just handling our business and you should do the same instead of trying to paint yourself as a victim.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1358645883' post='3080470']
Maybe so, when then for GOONS and others to claim it isn't actually a CB and throwing statements around, when considering CB used in recent times especially the ones made by DH.

Kinda makes the whole ruse laughable and hypocritical.

Their are two worlds, your world and our world. You burning would be better for our world and us burning would be better for your world. So I don't see the point in the first statement.

Wouldn't be a better world with this type of unwarranted act of aggression? Where was that statement when MK DoW on my alliance in the last war? Stop trying to act unbiased when you are not.

No form of diplomacy? I cannot speak for Ai but I do believe in a earlier post that they contacted Umbrella after the first round of slot filling. (Maybe wrong, but do not have the time to read through 50 pages to find it :P)
[/quote]
There was only 1 round of slot filling by Umbrella, the current round. The prior slot filling was not Umbrella.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358645578' post='3080463']
The amount of !@#$%^&* you're all spitting is laughable. Enjoy burning yourselves into irrelevance.
[/quote]
Oh Rey. I do believe you are upset. It will be OK, really. This is supposed to be fun, why can't you enjoy like the rest of us?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1358645986' post='3080474']

There was only 1 round of slot filling by Umbrella, the current round. The prior slot filling was not Umbrella.
[/quote]
But see attacking the other alliances is inconvenient for them to try to hug as many stats as possible.
[quote name='Wadsworth' timestamp='1358646022' post='3080475']

As noted squire Trinidad James says, "Don't believe me, ja' watch !@#$%* !@#$%* !@#$%*"
[/quote]
Ilu

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1358645986' post='3080474']
[/quote]

Either way it seems Umbrella (government/members or both) wanted to provoke a response.

Looks like they didn't like the one they got.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358646164' post='3080478']
But see attacking the other alliances is inconvenient for them to try to hug as many stats as possible.
[/quote]

Now that is a stupid statement!

They attacked the most powerful alliance in DH and started what will easily become a global war to save stats?

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1358646133' post='3080476']

Oh Rey. I do believe you are upset. It will be OK, really. This is supposed to be fun, why can't you enjoy like the rest of us?
[/quote]
Ah, the "u mad." The ultimate way to show you lack intelligence and a way to debate.
[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1358646435' post='3080480']

Now that is a stupid statement, they attacked Umbrella so they can save their stats?
[/quote]
Crowding the heavy hitter's slots to try and occupy it. Plus according to all of CN, Umbrella can't fight!

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1358645859' post='3080469']
Heh I was involved that time as well.
[/quote]

Excellent. So you're well aware it's total crap that absolutely no one ever sees as a favour and that the response to it is absolutely typical. You need to enlighten the delusional around here who are trying to pretend otherwise that they're making a complete tit of themselves.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1358646324' post='3080479']
Either way it seems Umbrella (government/members or both) wanted to provoke a response.

Looks like they didn't like the one they got.
[/quote]

You'll be hard pressed to find an Umbrella member that isn't pleased with a war.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358646164' post='3080478']

Ilu
[/quote]

You might want to give it a day or two before calling people out, I am sure all involved will be at it shortly.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1358637791' post='3080340']

The reality is, its funny watching ANYONE argue over a CB. its the most pointless and tiresome argument in all of Planet Bob.
[/quote]

I don't mind discussing the CB. Seeing DH posters discuss it after years of arguing CBs are irrelevant and "morals are subjective" is hypocrisy at its finest. I was impressed by the lack of whining in the first few posts but then as always it started. I guess in a weird way "DH has become the enemy". They fought for so long against moralistic whining and supported "might is right". Now he they are whining how this is wrong and not fair. Hilarious!

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1358637791' post='3080340']

The reality is, its funny watching ANYONE argue over a CB. its the most pointless and tiresome argument in all of Planet Bob.
[/quote]

I don't mind discussing the CB. Seeing DH posters discuss it after years of arguing CBs are irrelevant and "morals are subjective" is hypocrisy at its finest. I was impressed by the lack of whining in the first few posts but then you and Marx showed up. I guess in a weird way "DH has become the villain". It is a villain against their former selves. They fought for so long against moralistic whining and supported "might is right". Now here they are whining how this is wrong and not fair.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1358644982' post='3080449']
Anyone saying they didn't want this war is simply foolish at best. We all play a war game surrounded by politics. All bs aside, Umbrella screwed up and opened a door.

Natan and I talked. We both admitted to one another we wanted to punch each other in the face but it wasn't what was best for our allies. I have worked to keep NPO from heating that up. Until this I believed Umbrella was doing the same (hell I am even willing to say this may not be coordinated... hard for me to do but thats fine). Am I taking advantage of this so to speak to collect the debt owed my alliance and allies. Absolutely. My allies in CnG (hell so does Ravan) know I have brought my concerns and problems to them about Umbrella time and time again.

It war. We all (CN) wanted it, lets get to it. Lets cut the crap, there isn't a moral position here, just a war position.
[/quote]

finally :P, war is awesome and now we can all bask in the warm green glow, best glow

o/ nukes

after this war we all should roll the neutrals.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358646530' post='3080481']
Ah, the "u mad." The ultimate way to show you lack intelligence and a way to debate.
[/quote]
I'm not the one that's losing control of emotions and hitting the word-filter every other post. I get that you're tight with Umbrella and all since they give you so much money, but really.

AI and the coalition is obviously happy with the war, seeing as it got declared in the first place. Umbrella is repeatedly saying they are happy with the war. So what's the problem? I'm not trying to say "u mad," I'm trying to ask, "why?"