Presentation of the 2012 CN Awards

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd most aggressively ridicule the pick for best military. FARK is middling at best; NPO, NG, TOP, and hell even Kaskus have done more to impress lately.

Thank you all for the award, though it comes with a woeful lack of fanfare.

o/ us for a solid last place showing in 'best rookie alliance' category. Seriously, we got 4 more votes than I was expecting.
Gratz to all the winners.

[quote name='Gairyuki' timestamp='1358476772' post='3078335']
"they would not have been created or have had the save effect without d34ths honest sig idea"

;_; jesus christ
[/quote]
Oh, also, this. The villain sigs came first.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358530230' post='3078637']
Dave93 is a member of MK? Seeing as he has a membership account on our forums, I believe we have a perfect CB.
[/quote]
Not only that but he also seems to ghosting on our AA. Let's go get the toadies boys!

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358530230' post='3078637']
Dave93 is a member of MK? Seeing as he has a membership account on our forums, I believe we have a perfect CB.
[/quote]
[quote name='Ziperia' timestamp='1358541753' post='3078707']
Not only that but he also seems to ghosting on our AA. Let's go get the toadies boys!
[/quote]

Go for it guys.

I decided to total up the votes in each category, simple stat checking. See below.

Alliance of the Year
AI - 68
AO - 13
Argent - 10
FAN - 18
IRON - 22
Kaskus - 51
NG - 46
NPO - 60
TIO - 49
Total = 337

Most Powerful Alliance
AI - 63
IRON - 48
MK - 68
NG - 57
NPO - 94
Sparta - 22
Total = 352

Best Military
BN - 27
Fark - 84
Kaskus - 51
NG - 57
NPO - 70
TJL - 8
TOP - 45
Total = 342

Best Rookie Alliance
AI - 116
GPF - 10
HB - 15
Kaskus - 62
NPL - 73
NSF - 8
Sengoku - 33
UE - 4
Total = 321

Most Powerful Bloc
Aftermath - 18
C&G - 40
DH - 76
DR - 127
SF - 54
XX - 30
Total = 345

Best Flag
AI - 31
Gremlins - 11
Javahouse League - 11
MCXA - 10
NG - 33
NPL - 43
NpO - 66
NPO - 33
Sparta - 11
The International - 11
TIO - 23
TOP - 26
Umbrella - 26
VE - 6
Total = 341

Most Active Alliance
AI - 48
Fark - 30
MK - 86
NG - 41
NPL - 52
NPO - 68
RnR - 39
Total = 362

...you get the picture. These results are ridiculously skewed. I have no idea what the hell US did before releasing these but, as we could all tell since before the voting even started, these awards are hilariously broken.

Really should have just voted publicly via posting your choices. I have half a mind to run an awards ballot like that if there weren't more pressing things to do with my time.

Edited by Leet Guy

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1358545589' post='3078745']
I don't fully understand what you're saying but if the problem is the difference between the total votes of each category, this is because you could not vote for some categories, like a blank vote.
[/quote]

I didn't know you could fill out incomplete ballots, I stand corrected, thanks d34th. However, US had led on that he would throw out "duplicate" ballots earlier, which I guess I now question what criteria he used to determine "duplicate" ballots. There were clearly at least 47 people who sent in incomplete ballots but were not considered "duplicates."

Edited by Leet Guy

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1358545963' post='3078747']
I didn't know you could fill out incomplete ballots, I stand corrected, thanks d34th. However, US had led on that he would throw out "duplicate" ballots earlier, which I guess I now question what criteria he used to determine "duplicate" ballots. There were clearly at least 47 people who sent in incomplete ballots but were not considered "duplicates."
[/quote]Are saying that there is corruption inside of CN? I am stunned! :frantic: /[font=courier new, courier, monospace][size=1]satire, Corruption really is a problem CN needs to deal with. Corruption inside CN has been major and needs to end. This vote is probablly different then the actual totals.[/size][/font]

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1358541802' post='3078711']
I believe you do too.
[/quote]
[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1358544364' post='3078729']
Go for it guys.
[/quote]

Are both of you so dense that you think a war between TIO and MK would work out well for you? I sure hope so.

Runners-up for Most Honourable? That to me is one of the best compliments NPL can receive. Thank you for those who voted for us!

And on a more personal level, to be named head of the second-best recruiting team is fantastic. Thanks from me and all the staff at the NPL Department of Recruitment. And congrats to R&R for their first place in that - we look up to you guys, and you deserve that award.

Congrats to all who came out well in these awards.

Sorry was out of town for the last few days.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1358422886' post='3077981']
While I generally agree with the results, I'd like to know how many votes/submissions you discarded because you thought they were "a joke".
[/quote]

I actually deemed 0 were worthy of being deleted. I was just worried about someone submitting 100 votes for just 1 question so I said that so I could delete if that happened.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1358434605' post='3078012']
Sorry but you get it backwards, my "honest sigs" idea was a the response to "become the villain" ones, I was the one that retaliated. Gairuki had the original idea.

That said congrats to all winners and may be next year I finally beat MK propaganda team. *shakes fist*
[/quote]

Will fix in a sec.

[quote name='Gairyuki' timestamp='1358476772' post='3078335']
"they would not have been created or have had the save effect without d34ths honest sig idea"

;_; jesus christ
[/quote]

Sorry I thought that d34th made them since the 'honest sigs' topic was made by him. About to fix the OP.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1358496133' post='3078534']
I think that D34th already said it. Smurf, can you fix it?
[/quote]

Will do.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1358544987' post='3078738']
I decided to total up the votes in each category, simple stat checking. See below.
<snip>
...you get the picture. These results are ridiculously skewed. I have no idea what the hell US did before releasing these but, as we could all tell since before the voting even started, these awards are hilariously broken.

Really should have just voted publicly via posting your choices. I have half a mind to run an awards ballot like that if there weren't more pressing things to do with my time.
[/quote]

Some people didn't vote for some questions.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1358545963' post='3078747']
[/quote]

As stated above I actually deleted 0. I only said that so if there was like 100 voting for just 1 person/alliance for just 1 question I could delete those.

There is a link to the google docs here, it is public and you can see which categories were skipped by what people: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114656&st=40#entry3077659"]http://forums.cybern...40#entry3077659[/url]

Edited by Unknown Smurf