New Year, New Sparta, New War

sourcy

[img]http://hebslimdown.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/this_is_sparta-1.jpg?w=320&h=320[/img]

I am hereby announcing the coup of Sparta. The current, fake leaders of Sparta have implemented a new class system to alienate the general population and further grow their nations at the cost of the rest of the alliance.

Basically us members were/are divided into two groups, "Spartiates" and "Perkolios". The latter was composed of everyone who wasn't a government member or was close to someone who was government. They cherry picked their friends to join this group. I was not cherry picked after being in the alliance for almost 1500 days, fighting in every war, and sending out every aid package as requested.

The rights of these "cherry" picked members are:

- Can Vote
- PRIORITY tech dealing listing

The rights of the rest of the members:

- ????? (nothing)

As a result of this new "class" system, MetalSnow began posting new alliance organized tech dealing lists which only included these so called "elite" members. (Which are/were mostly government)

Essentially there is no reason to be in the alliance anymore, and as such, I have decided to over take it and return it to the state that the original members would have wanted. The fake government was treating us as disposable pawns in their system, to grow their own nations, while just keeping the member count up and using us for wars with nothing to help us grow.

I sourcy, Supreme King of Sparta, hereby declare war on the following members of the current (fake) Sparta gov. MetalSnow, Ghuxalia, and Yerushalayim.

Doxa Sparta

Signed,
Sourcy, Supreme King of Sparta

/o Sparta

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And would you look at that, they're trying to tell me to change MY alliance affiliation of my own alliance.

[quote]
[color=#505050][font=Verdana, arial, san-serif][size=2]
[b]To:[/b] [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=281697"]sourcy[/url] [b]From:[/b] [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=515359"]Brian Blessed Is God[/url] [b]Date:[/b] 12/31/2012 10:36:38 AM

[b]Subject: [/b]Oh look, a ghost.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#505050][font=Verdana, arial, san-serif][size=2]
[b]Message:[/b] Shoo ghost, shoo.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

I am hereby declaring that war must be waged upon anyone who ponders to these fake government members.

Doxa Sparta

Signed,
Sourcy, Supreme King of Sparta

I have already attempted to enter into negotiations for the resolution to this conflict, which so far have been un-successful. My only request was for negotiations to happen between me and MetalSnow, but he seems rather upset and frustrated he's now about to lose a lot of money and infrastructure, and will have a hard time rebuilding as his funds are currently running low at around 140,000,000$.

It's rather becoming apparent just how fake this leadership was. Setting money reserve requirements for their general members which they themselves did not meet.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1356980437' post='3069858']
If this is true it's a horrible alliance policy.
[/quote]

It's designed for the government to grow their nations with tech at the expense of everyone who wasn't "picked" for this group. And by picked I mean, be government or close/"friends" with government.

[quote]
Also, either you are a ghost or they just booted you and are now claiming you are a ghost, lolSparta.
[/quote]

I'm not a ghost. My alliance seniority is almost 1500 days. They are ghosting the true Sparta AA

Edited by sourcy

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1356980437' post='3069858']
If this is true it's a horrible alliance policy. Also, either you are a ghost or they just booted you and are now claiming you are a ghost, lolSparta.
[/quote]

Well if he is a ghost then he would have been ghosting them for almost 1500 days without them doing anything about it and even Sparta can't be that slow...right?

Hail Sourcy, the true King of Sparta!

But seriously, you can call the members of your alliance whatever you want but when you start treating them differently you're clearly losing the plot.
Sparta was an old boys club when I was there two years ago and if what Sourcy says is true then clearly nothing has changed. Very sad.

[quote name='howlin mad' timestamp='1356980781' post='3069861']

But seriously, you can call the members of your alliance whatever you want but when you start treating them differently you're clearly losing the plot.
Sparta was an old boys club when I was there two years ago and if what Sourcy says is true then clearly nothing has changed. Very sad.
[/quote]

I mean, why would I make this up and go nuke rogue on them after being in it for almost 1500 days? hmm... think of all the motives I have.

[quote name='Empress Kiley' timestamp='1356981158' post='3069864']
Sparta gov was talking about doing this over 2yrs ago. This is not a new concept for them. Good luck with your coup but it seems you are the only Spartan who has the balls to do anything about it.
[/quote]

The funny thing is, a good portion of the fake government's members who are like me, (have been in the alliance a long time but continuously get screwed over by the fake government playing favorites) are unhappy. I have talked in private with some members of the alliance through IRC prior to this coup about couping. I suspect it's possible that others may be joining the coup, but yet, you're correct, it's unclear whether or not they will actually follow through.

Edited by sourcy

[quote name='howlin mad' timestamp='1356980781' post='3069861']

[/quote]
[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1356980631' post='3069860']
Well if he is a ghost then he would have been ghosting them for almost 1500 days without them doing anything about it and even Sparta can't be that slow...right?
[/quote]
Yea just noticed his 1500 days now.

Similar to what howlin mad is saying....Sparta's inactivity is probably systematic of the old boy's club mentality I guess it still has. It's counter productive as you'll never create a community that has any sort of loyalty. My guess is if Sparta ever leaves peace mode, during a losing war, they'll lose the bulk of their nations. So the perma-use of the peace mode tactic probably saved it's alliance from mass desertion.

Can't say I agree with how you are handling this OP although if true I can appreciate your frustration. It's such a dumb policy that (again, if true) it is almost unbelievable, but then again this is Sparta so I guess it is plausable.

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1356981273' post='3069867']
Sourcy, you were actually accepted as a Spartiate, the elections aren't over yet. :P

Anyways, have fun on your way out, I'll try to get a slot. ;)
[/quote]

I wouldn't have wanted to be part of this group after further thought, it's absurd and I am no better than any other member of my alliance.

My alliance has no groups, we are all equal members. It is just run by a government system that is treated no differently than the regular members in terms of how their nation is viewed or used economically.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356981901' post='3069872']
I wouldn't have wanted to be part of this group after further thought, it's absurd and I am no better than any other member of my alliance.

My alliance has no groups, we are all equal members. It is just run by a government system that is treated no differently than the regular members in terms of how their nation is viewed or used economically.
[/quote]

The group hardly means anything, it's just a new rank system seperate from staff/gov positions. That give people who unlike you are willing or have in the past taken up a staff position some recognition. The tech sellers list is something seperate, I'm ex-gov, i'm in the sherry-picked group and I have no access to it, nor do I need it. there are plenty more sellers to be found than those few on that list.

Sorry you had to leave this way, you should have talked to someone first..

Whatever policy(ies) the Spartan gov has is their business and others should stay out of it. Of course you are entitled to your opinions, but if Sparta wanted them they would have asked. If members don't like it, they can leave as everyone has a choice where to put their alliance allegiance.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1356982950' post='3069883']
Whatever policy(ies) the Spartan gov has is their business and others should stay out of it. Of course you are entitled to your opinions, but if Sparta wanted them they would have asked. If members don't like it, they can leave as everyone has a choice where to put their alliance allegiance.
[/quote]

Funny thing this owf, if you post something you get opinions thrown at you, odd behavior I know.........................