Accountability

Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349240883' post='3036941']
Any endeavor to the task may be adjudged a failure whether it is attempted or not, for we have already won. We exist in a multipolar world full of uncertainty and intrigue, where no one man is king and all are free. If that fact appeals to you, then you may send your adulation to me either privately or publicly, whichever you prefer, and I will gladly accept them both personally and on behalf of the Kingdom.

If this state of being does not appeal to you and you instead lust to grasp the reins of the world then you may attempt to do so, but success or failure will not eliminate the depth of the victory I have achieved. The book is written. Published. Done. In the ashen aftermath of your mistaken glory you'd find enough knifes spread far and wide that you'll wonder if you ever really won or lost any control at all.
[/quote]
This is a great post. It's probably more this way now than it's ever been, except for maybe that brief period between Karma and Bi-Polar.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1349154719' post='3036537']
To be fair Rush I don;t think Pacifica and AI need much convincing. It seems to be the natural progression of things and far be it from Pacifica to take a shot a champs chair one more time right? Yeah this is the way it's going to be. It's just lucky for NPO and AI and DR that we pissed off a lot of people during our stint. It's ok man. It was a good run. We have two choices. Cry like !@#$%*es the whole time saying "No it wasn't us!." or we take it like men and move on. I for one choose the second option.
[/quote]

I don't know what you and Rush are on, but is must be something strong to be that paranoid and delusional.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349291349' post='3037062']
I don't know what you and Rush are on, but is must be something strong to be that paranoid and delusional.
[/quote]

It's CnG :|

Have you not seen the screenshots :o

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349235991' post='3036909']
While I generally have no issue with other things said, the bolded part above I am sorry is incorrect. Xiph and I talked and agreed to leave each other alone. It was a moment of respect between combatants, it was not a moment of groveling. Carry on with other arguments, but that needs to be clear.

This I have issue with, and a LOT of issue with it. I have individually directly talked with GATO, ODN, TLR and INT about my concerns. Hell I have even shared those concerns with NG, Umbrella, MK and GOONS, so what are you getting at? If we at the NPO wanted to take a shot at MK, we could have spun around and completely upset the applecart on the last war and watched it burn. We didn't, we gave our word, we kept our word.

What are you implying exactly how the NPO is lucky CnG pissed off a lot of people during your stint? Are you telling me GATO and CnG are lying to me? I had you !@#$@#$ back during that war. Care to articulate further?
[/quote]

You've been good to us there is no denying that and we certainly appreciate your friendship. Quite frankly if you were not thinking about taking the opportunity to team up with AI and DR and use the anger SF/XX/Polar has against DH/CnG I would be severely disappointed. The NPO I grew up with would really be dead. Besides, It is what this world is all about after all. Taking your shots when you have the opportunity etc. I would also be quite disappointed in SF/XX/Polar if they were not eager to help in that scenario and if they hadn't approached you about the possibility. If this really isn't the play then I really don't know what anybody around this place is thinking anymore. How lame.

As to GATO or CnG lying? Hell if I know. I don't know what they told you about anything. I've been out of the real loop for months. These are my own musings as to the state of our little world and how I see things moving forward. Perhaps I'm wrong but damn that would be a real shame. I've been looking forward to battling WickedJ, Pansy, and Londo for a long time and I thought this would give me a real shot.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1349300779' post='3037131']
I really don't know what anybody around this place is thinking anymore.
[/quote]

Yep that would be it. Interesting that you believe your own allies are going to come after you soon though. CnG/DH paranoia is high these days.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349301163' post='3037133']
Yep that would be it. Interesting that you believe your own allies are going to come after you soon though. CnG/DH paranoia is high these days.
[/quote]

It would be it and they would all be stupid.

It wouldn't be us they would be coming after. It's not even about paranoia. It's just the obvious thing that needs to happen to stop the current cycle. If NPO really isn't interested then I guess SF/XX/Polar are just !@#$ out of luck. Again that seems quite lame to me. I don;t even care much anymore but if it were me? $%&@ it might as well give it a shot.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349301163' post='3037133']
[/quote]
Oh please, nobody's coming after us. Nobody has the [b]stones[/b] to attempt such a thing.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349305689' post='3037170']
Oh please, nobody's coming after us. Nobody has the [b]stones[/b] to attempt such a thing.
[/quote]

It is boring on top is it not? At some point you not only do not care about trying stay on top you start wanting it to end so you can rise again. That after all is where the fun is at. Breaking away from CDS and forming COLD then merging with TF! to form TPF and then the rise to santion WuT, the Unjust Path were to fun times for me. Once Q was formed I began to drift away as bordem set in.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349305689' post='3037170']
[/quote]

That's the funny thing. For all the talk the opposition has about being able to take us down, they have nothing but that. There are very few alliances with the balls it takes to start a war and the opposition doesn't have a single one of them.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1349330552' post='3037259']
That's the funny thing. For all the talk the opposition has about being able to take us down, they have nothing but that. There are very few alliances with the balls it takes to start a war and the opposition doesn't have a single one of them.
[/quote]

Oh please, if you had the opposition that XX/SF and Polar co have you would not even talk about war.
You expect them to start a war against ridiculous odds? Why don't "you" do it first.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349332726' post='3037266']
Oh please, if you had the opposition that XX/SF and Polar co have you would not even talk about war.
You expect them to start a war against ridiculous odds? Why don't "you" do it first.
[/quote]
I think you'll find he mentioned neither XX, SF nor Polar in his post. His point was that while there are many alliances that say the fungocalypse is coming, none are prepared to make the move to make it happen. If you believe 'the opposition' encompasses only SF/XX and Polar then I would kindly request you remove the blinders.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1349337452' post='3037275']
I think you'll find he mentioned neither XX, SF nor Polar in his post. His point was that while there are many alliances that say the fungocalypse is coming, none are prepared to make the move to make it happen. If you believe 'the opposition' encompasses only SF/XX and Polar then I would kindly request you remove the blinders.
[/quote]

Good god, you're more paranoid than those crazies in C&G.
You're turning against your own allies, the only opposition you guys are facing is your own mind.
Ultimately this insanity you're showing will be your downfall from within your ranks.

Perhaps it is how you say it is, if it is then I look forward to C&G rolling you.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1349342973' post='3037283']
Good god, you're more paranoid than those crazies in C&G.
You're turning against your own allies, the only opposition you guys are facing is your own mind.
Ultimately this insanity you're showing will be your downfall from within your ranks.

Perhaps it is how you say it is, if it is then I look forward to C&G rolling you.
[/quote]

I don't believe he said anything about our allies, Commander. That we might be scared of our allies is but your own fevered dream.

[/quote]

You seem to believe that because your side started the last curbstomps means you guys are brave warriors with massive balls. Start a war that is not already decided before it starts and I'll give your side some credit.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349348823' post='3037293']
I don't believe he said anything about our allies, Commander. That we might be scared of our allies is but your own fevered dream.
[/quote]
Your post implies you're scared of something, this is most interesting.

Define "allies", because only half of C&G is allied to you.
And seeing how they roll together they will have no problem hitting you(especially considering they like to hit allies of bloc mates).
They have plenty of reasons to hit you.

If you consider alliances allied to your direct allies as your allies, then that doesn't leave many alliances in this opposition you people speak of.
Unless of course it is neutrals that have you running around panicking like little girls.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1349337452' post='3037275']
I think you'll find he mentioned neither XX, SF nor Polar in his post. His point was that while there are many alliances that say the fungocalypse is coming, none are prepared to make the move to make it happen.
[/quote]

Hello Worldconqueror, long time no see.

What's funny is that most of the talk about how MK is without a doubt "going down" is from within CnG forums and MK's private forums. Now we know already the people making up the current ruling faction will dogde difficult wars. We saw that with the whole LSF fiasco. So I would agree that you don't have the power to let power go.

I do protest that you have done quite a bit yourselves to make it happen. You're quite right that no one will do anything to make it happen, you've done enough to do that yourselves.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349124554' post='3036264']
Oh Chucky boy, I realize everything comes to an end. I have been prepared for our fall since the day we ascended. The absolute hilarity and beauty of it is.... the way it has to come to an end. SF (who wanted nothing other than to hold NPO down forever, because "we cannot let NPO get back to power"....now has to lapdog itself out to NPO and friends, in hopes of them taking down MK (and DH-C&G by extension) for them. You dont find utter hilarity in that? Well.. there is more. Sparta... Screaming from the high heavens that Olympus gov faked logs between them 2 wars ago. Now are relying on largely that same gov they accused of faking the logs, to deliver a beatdown of MK-DH-C&G for them. Want more? Sparta completely betrayed and stabbed NPO in the back prior to Karma (they WERE plotting the rolling of NPO wiht us while still bloc'd up with NPO).... and NOW... they need the NPO sphere for the same thing they need AI for. You dont find utter hilarity in that? I sure do. For all of the kicking and screaming, and pointing and shouting of "lapdog" by all of them, they sit there with their ONLY option.. their ONLY option Chucky boy.... to lapdog themselves out to the people they fought so hard to keep down. I, for one,. love it. And I welcome the day it comes to pass. Even in defeat.. Even in defeat Chucky Boy.... We will have owned SF yet again.
[/quote]

Haha what?
If it means so much to you then yes, you are better at losing friends and alienating people than even our best efforts were. Well done, Rush Sykes.

[/quote]

Wow! It's like the build up to Karma all over again except MK is the NPO and they are the ones saying the exact same things as the NPO did during that time. Deja freaking vu!

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349240883' post='3036941']
Any endeavor to the task may be adjudged a failure whether it is attempted or not, for we have already won. We exist in a multipolar world full of uncertainty and intrigue, where no one man is king and all are free. If that fact appeals to you, then you may send your adulation to me either privately or publicly, whichever you prefer, and I will gladly accept them both personally and on behalf of the Kingdom.

If this state of being does not appeal to you and you instead lust to grasp the reins of the world then you may attempt to do so, but success or failure will not eliminate the depth of the victory I have achieved. The book is written. Published. Done. In the ashen aftermath of your mistaken glory you'd find enough knifes spread far and wide that you'll wonder if you ever really won or lost any control at all.
[/quote]

Your assesment of the here and now is the most accurate I have heard. Your flaw is thinking that the future must be based on one of the two options you listed. Those options aren't an absolute, there are alternative motives, motives as simple as smash everything to the intricately detailed.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349370299' post='3037368']
Hello Worldconqueror, long time no see.

What's funny is that most of the talk about how MK is without a doubt "going down" is from within CnG forums and MK's private forums. Now we know already the people making up the current ruling faction will dogde difficult wars. We saw that with the whole LSF fiasco. So I would agree that you don't have the power to let power go.
[/quote]
Hey, what's up buddy?

I don't think that's entirely true, I've noticed a lot of chatter along those lines on the OWF. I would also disagree with your assessment regarding difficult wars, MK has a history of being on tough fronts. But theoretically, in a game like this it makes sense to make things easier for your wider side if you have the opportunity to do so, no?