Dragons and Bears go pillaging

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343680766' post='3017072']
I think the real winning question here is does Argent know that their newfound MDP partner is apparently attempting to rally people to the cause of destroying one of their other MDP partners.
[/quote]

Don't take it too literal. Scorponok is a tard

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1343681654' post='3017076']
[/quote]

Thanks people tell me I am.

That certainly is an interesting post good ZZZ, since this specific part of that convo can be taken out of context as it has been done now. The previous part of the convo "pt1" is a general question of WTF neutrality and why they still play this game, I was intrigued as I considered going neutral to see what it was like. Asa Phillips told me he doesn't see WTF as a neutral alliance and does monitor political happenings. He also mentions in a reply to me that they see Umbrella more as a threat to themselves and GPA and suggests the non neutrals (who lack the upper tiers Umbrella has) should not consider themselves a target by Umbrella. We then go on to extend pleasantries etc... To which comes this reply. If they saw Umbrella as a threat to their neutrality and have the means to do something pre emptively. Why they continue to do nothing. Nowhere do I mention TIO or myself planning to take Umbrella on. But you would be naive to believe alliances in CN do not see Umbrella or MK as a threat. Their stats alone are enough to give you the shivers. This conversation I believed was one to one and on at out of context level (e.g. A cn player to another cn player) therefore I had no motivations beyond that.

I can see how this message alone can be taken in an interesting context but that neither was or is my intention. Due to this reason, I have to point out that it has never been my intention to destroy or hinder any alliances ability to thrive and develope in this world. I have a lot of admiration and respect for Umbrella. They have an incredible talent at nation building and their political involvement has proven to be of top class. I may not agree with some of their attitudes or motivations but I enjoy the conversations I have had with Umbrellans both during war time and in our embassy.

The people in CN who know me, know me to be a very respectable and honest man. I have am not the best political mind and do not get involved in such things as I am much better suited to IA and nation building, I leave ALL the FA stuff to Stagger Lee and Rogal Dorn. Due to my lack of experience and expertise in politics. I am better behind the scenes where I can't make too much a fool out of myself.

Regardless of my personal opinions, I felt it was necessary to explain that conversation so that it was not taken as a one sided affair.

Scorp

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343680766' post='3017072']
I think the real winning question here is does Argent know that their newfound MDP partner is apparently attempting to rally people to the cause of destroying one of their other MDP partners.
[/quote]
Well looks like Scorp gave you your answer, so my question is now the real winning one.

Pretty sure it would be a rather stupid move of TIO to try and rally support to roll on of our longest treaty partners. I just can't see one of our MDP partners hitting the other nor how it is a strategic idea to MDP an ally of Umb if this were the case. Zoom is a rogue that hit PF and is just trying to stir the pot. I take his word with a grain of salt.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1343692280' post='3017114']
Thanks people tell me I am.

That certainly is an interesting post good ZZZ, since this specific part of that convo can be taken out of context as it has been done now. The previous part of the convo "pt1" is a general question of WTF neutrality and why they still play this game, I was intrigued as I considered going neutral to see what it was like. Asa Phillips told me he doesn't see WTF as a neutral alliance and does monitor political happenings. He also mentions in a reply to me that they see Umbrella more as a threat to themselves and GPA and suggests the non neutrals (who lack the upper tiers Umbrella has) should not consider themselves a target by Umbrella. We then go on to extend pleasantries etc... To which comes this reply. If they saw Umbrella as a threat to their neutrality and have the means to do something pre emptively. Why they continue to do nothing. Nowhere do I mention TIO or myself planning to take Umbrella on. But you would be naive to believe alliances in CN do not see Umbrella or MK as a threat. Their stats alone are enough to give you the shivers. This conversation I believed was one to one and on at out of context level (e.g. A cn player to another cn player) therefore I had no motivations beyond that.

I can see how this message alone can be taken in an interesting context but that neither was or is my intention. Due to this reason, I have to point out that it has never been my intention to destroy or hinder any alliances ability to thrive and develope in this world. I have a lot of admiration and respect for Umbrella. They have an incredible talent at nation building and their political involvement has proven to be of top class. I may not agree with some of their attitudes or motivations but I enjoy the conversations I have had with Umbrellans both during war time and in our embassy.

The people in CN who know me, know me to be a very respectable and honest man. I have am not the best political mind and do not get involved in such things as I am much better suited to IA and nation building, I leave ALL the FA stuff to Stagger Lee and Rogal Dorn. Due to my lack of experience and expertise in politics. I am better behind the scenes where I can't make too much a fool out of myself.

Regardless of my personal opinions, I felt it was necessary to explain that conversation so that it was not taken as a one sided affair.

Scorp
[/quote]

tl;dr Roll Umbrella

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1343681654' post='3017076']
[/quote]

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1343692556' post='3017116']
Well looks like Scorp gave you your answer, so my question is now the real winning one.
[/quote]

Just trying to stir the pot, was hoping for some actual intrigue for once. Alas.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1343674604' post='3017049']
Wait who spies on WTF? And why?
[/quote]

The Iceman Cometh

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1343679763' post='3017066']
I wonder if WTF secretly gets pleasure out of us beating the tar out of eachother, maybe this was leaked intentionally :D
[/quote]

Doubtful, from what I understand an old WTF member joined a DH alliance resulting in some lulzy screenshots.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343699011' post='3017143']
But who wants to war for Scorp? The winner, wins Scorp and thus becomes the loser by default...
[/quote]

Well we could just make it so that the loser has to take him :awesome:

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343705258' post='3017168']
Just trying to stir the pot, was hoping for some actual intrigue for once. Alas.
[/quote]
I know what you mean, but TIO are too good of people to really do something as conniving as was suggested by the non-contextual screenshot.

To be fair, you should be looking in your own camp for those plotting against you DH, the people who admitted their feelings this war already aren't the threats you'll be facing next time around.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1343758726' post='3017309']
To be fair, you should be looking in your own camp for those plotting against you DH, the people who admitted their feelings this war already aren't the threats you'll be facing next time around.
[/quote]

Why would DH need to worry? Their enemies are shattered and/or impotent, and none of their allies are willing to break ranks. They are pretty well secure on the top of the mountain for now.

Also, I like this treaty.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1343777787' post='3017366']
Why would DH need to worry? Their enemies are shattered and/or impotent, and none of their allies are willing to break ranks. They are pretty well secure on the top of the mountain for now.

Also, I like this treaty.
[/quote]
I remember the last hegemony chasing ghosts instead of realizing all their allies were slipping away, it's interesting to see history repeat itself.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1343779974' post='3017379']
I remember the last hegemony chasing ghosts instead of realizing all their allies were slipping away, it's interesting to see history repeat itself.
[/quote]

Trust me when I say that it is highly unlikely anyone in DH will be losing an ally after this war.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1343785333' post='3017404']
Trust me when I say that it is highly unlikely anyone in DH will be losing an ally after this war.
[/quote]

Wasnt the TOP-MK cancellation postponed until after the war ended? Coulda sworn I remember people talking about that at the beginning of the thing

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1343788593' post='3017413']
Wasnt the TOP-MK cancellation postponed until after the war ended? Coulda sworn I remember people talking about that at the beginning of the thing
[/quote]

If TOP drops MK, I'll eat my hat.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1343788927' post='3017414']
If TOP drops MK, I'll eat my hat.
[/quote]
If that does happen, I want pics.

[edit/ooc]fail forums

Edited by Skippy