Clarification of Umbrella Policy

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1341181954' post='3001378']
If you think Umbrella or even all of Doomhouse combined could take on NPO-sphere I'd say your highly delusional. Yes they did it in the PB-NpO war (EVERYTHING. MUST. DIE.) but that was only able to be acheived by keeping SF and XX alliances on side. Those bridges have now been burnt repeatedly and DH has run out of "Nominal" plan B FA-Clusters to swing in to overpower NPO even if they desperetly needed to. This is also the reason why DH was so keen to create a diversion war away from LSF. They know they are on the edge and can not afford to fight anyone outside of previous recent enemy lists otherwise they wont have the numbers to win.

Simply fact is right now DH needs NPO-sphere more then NPO-sphere needs them. And it's in that line that I think we've witnessed something small change in this place. It's probably not so evident now but it's there. In time you will see the theory tested, may take 6 months to a year but I think the changing of the guard is already in motion.
[/quote]

The interpretation is interesting but completely wrong.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1341183865' post='3001391']
The interpretation is interesting but completely wrong.
[/quote]

What are you talking about, he hit the nail right on the head. EVERYTHING MUST DIE!

If you think Umbrella or even all of Doomhouse combined could take on NPO-sphere I'd say your highly delusional.
[/quote]

I must be delusional

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1341161005' post='3001211']
Because they're trying to project this image being hardcore fighters and whatnot while fighting alliances that have been on the losing end of most recent wars, and Umbrella wouldn't help VE even if they asked. "We'll only attack you if you're already going to lose! Rawr"

We can pretend the motivation for this thread is "WE'RE TAKING TARGETS RAWR," like Umbrella has been trying to do, but the real motivation is "WE'LL DO OUR BEST TO IMPRESS YOU MASSAH."
[/quote]
Y_Y roqui why u sully my good name with this umbrella stuff Y_Y

rawr

If you think Umbrella or even all of Doomhouse combined could take on NPO-sphere I'd say your highly delusional.
[/quote]
Umbrella by itself would probably make NPO and their direct allies tap. But it's not relevant at this time. The rest of your post is just [i]hilarious[/i]

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1341189117' post='3001431']
Umbrella by itself would probably make NPO and their direct allies tap. But it's not relevant at this time. The rest of your post is just [i]hilarious[/i]
[/quote]
Not if NPO put it's 100k nations in peace mode.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1341238395' post='3001773']
Not if NPO put it's 100k nations in peace mode.
[/quote]

The order in which these opinions have come into origin holds no value, seeing as the only person(s) claiming such feats are those which actually need help and are not the actual people being discussed in any of the actual opinions.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1341154160' post='3001173']
Did you secretly drop your [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84587"]TREATY[/url] with VE and both alliances forgot to clean their wiki page or are you pretending the half dozen alliances who declared war on them happened in a nightmare?

[b]Probably [/b]the best defense of allies in the world
[/quote]
Just to clarify: are you currently attempting to get an alliance in IRON/TPF's coalition to directly attack alliances that are helping them in their war? That just doesn't seem advisable.

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1341244393' post='3001797']
Those alliances fighting VE must still be scared of umbrella, since all of them have the majority of their top tiers in peacemode with the exception of IRON.
[/quote]
TPF is literally the only alliance that has done this, and this is most likely because Umbrella mostly hates TPF so they're sure as hell are not going to let them get the drop on them ([url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111783&view=findpost&p=3001822]and I am completely wrong[/url]). And TPF's objective in this war is not to take on VE's top-tier. That is being handled by our other allies in TIO and IRON, as you mentioned. Our "top-tier" is on PM because those are our bankers (in before jokes about bankers). The rest of our "top-tier" has been knocked down, because I will admit, our alliance is not top-tier heavy.

Edited by Jrenster

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1341244393' post='3001797']
Those alliances fighting VE must still be scared of umbrella, since all of them have the majority of their top tiers in peacemode with the exception of IRON.
[/quote]
No, not really. As already explained, IRON is handling the 70k+ in VE; the others are handling the lower tiers. It is simply good strategy to leave the upper tiers of OCN/TPF/TIO in peace mode, so they remain available to swap in later if needed. Maximize the number of VE nations that are in anarchy -- and thus unable to declare wars on Pacifica -- while minimizing the number of NPO-allied nations engaged.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1341244711' post='3001800']
TPF is literally the only alliance that has done this, and this is most likely because Umbrella mostly hates TPF so they're sure as hell are not going to let them get the drop on them.
[/quote]

If TPF are hiding from us just in case we jump them then that's pretty cool that we instill that much fear in them. If we can't roll them, watching them hide and cower in fear of people on their own side makes for a suitable alternative.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1341245247' post='3001805']
If TPF are hiding from us just in case we jump them then that's pretty cool that we instill that much fear in them. If we can't roll them, watching them hide and cower in fear of people on their own side makes for a suitable alternative.
[/quote]
I mean that's not the only reason they're there, but yes okay. Whatever makes you feel cool tough guy.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1341245309' post='3001806']
I mean that's not the only reason they're there, but yes okay. Whatever makes you feel cool tough guy.
[/quote]

I know that's not the only reason they're there, I just found it amusing that one of their allies would publicly state that one of the reasons their upper tier is in PM is because they might be afraid of us jumping them so to avoid that they're hiding where we can hit them.

Also out of curiosity, why does the NPO follow outdated economic policies, like the use of bank nations?

Hey look everyone but VE is complaining.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1341154160' post='3001173']
Did you secretly drop your [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84587"]TREATY[/url] with VE and both alliances forgot to clean their wiki page or are you pretending the half dozen alliances who declared war on them happened in a nightmare?

[b]Probably [/b]the best defense of allies in the world
[/quote]
:mellow::blink::wacko:<_<

Hey we all know you dislike certain elements beyond any doubt, but you must have a place in your heart where you love certain people too :P

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1341245871' post='3001808']
I know that's not the only reason they're there, I just found it amusing that one of their allies would publicly state that one of the reasons their upper tier is in PM is because they might be afraid of us jumping them so to avoid that they're hiding where we can hit them.

Also out of curiosity, why does the NPO follow outdated economic policies, like the use of bank nations?
[/quote]
You're really into this whole "let me see if I can sew seeds of distrust between the allies of NPO" thing aren't you? It's a pre-emptive strategy, just like a pre-emptive attack. I fail to see how it's any less logical or reasonable or smart than pre-emptive attacking.

And I'm not one to talk about our economic policies, nor is this really the place to discuss that.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1341245309' post='3001806']
[/quote]

This are the type of people for who your alliance is fighting for, enjoy. ;)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1341246409' post='3001813']
This are the type of people for who your alliance is fighting for, enjoy. ;)
[/quote]
Yes. I am fighting for Umbrella by attacking their ally VE.

Also, before you go into your little tirade about how the big picture is MK started this war blablabla: I know. But not everything is the big picture, D34th.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1341189117' post='3001431']
Umbrella by itself would probably make NPO and their direct allies tap. But it's not relevant at this time. The rest of your post is just [i]hilarious[/i][/quote]

However badly worded, he has a point--no one stays on top forever. No one. Surely as a member of an alliance that started life more or less as a collection of refugees from a collapsed bloc you understand this more than anyone.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1341246598' post='3001815']
Yes. I am fighting for Umbrella by attacking their ally VE.

Also, before you go into your little tirade about how the big picture is MK started this war blablabla: I know. But not everything is the big picture, D34th.
[/quote]

You talk like if Umbrella cared about their allies who are in the losing side.

And if you prefer to close your eyes to the big picture it's your choice and I can just pity you, as someone once said "The worst blind is the one who doesn't want to see."

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1341246269' post='3001811']
You're really into this whole "let me see if I can sew seeds of distrust between the allies of NPO" thing aren't you? It's a pre-emptive strategy, just like a pre-emptive attack. I fail to see how it's any less logical or reasonable or smart than pre-emptive attacking.

And I'm not one to talk about our economic policies, nor is this really the place to discuss that.
[/quote]

If that was my intention and I wanted to see my plan succeed then I wouldn't be trying to do it on the OWF would I? It's actually a lot simpler than whatever hair-brained scheme you think I've concocted; I just don't like the cut of your jib.

Hiding your upper tier from people in your own coalition is not "pre-emptive strategy" or whatever other flowery wording you want to give it, it's called being really paranoid.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1341246269' post='3001811']

[/quote]
You sew a pretty dress. Seeds? you [i]sow[/i] those.

Also, there was a lot of :facepalm: when we heard about the bank nations. Olympus will be pulling the ol' puppet strings and making this better soon.