A Note of Concern and Assistance

ChairmanHal

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1339996734' post='2987270']
Correct, but as a rule you don't make/keep MDoAPs with alliances that you don't agree with on multiple levels, and that includes spilling blood with them. You certainly don't hang on to them if they are unstable and subject to doing things that will get you banged up for their stupidity.

You simply can't make the case that LSF has been a bastion of level-headed action and wise choices over the years, that INT believed them to be such an alliance, and that all the stuff that has come out prior to and subsequent to the NoR attack was a shocking change in behavior. INT knew who they were getting in bed with, yet now wants to claim the treaty has essentially been voided between them because LSF turned out to be exactly what they have always been? I call bovine scatology.
[/quote]

Well, it's just more LSF's stuff is inconvenient at the present time.

R&R is being sacrificed at the altar of MK, too.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339996822' post='2987271']
Cry more Schatt. Its the only thing you do well. You can do better. I've seen you put little girls with booboos to shame. C'mon cry harder.
[/quote]
I assure you, I've been laughing all week.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1339993194' post='2987172']
Are you really going to make me do this?

<sabcat[LSF]> What rogue?

<l337[MK]> What spy?
<l337[MK]> What spy?
<l337[MK]> What spy?
<l337[MK]> What spy?

So we agree! The International are survivalist cowards who sign treaties they have no intention of honoring if the weather isn't right.
[/quote]

I never thought I would see the day where Schatt of all people forgot the definition of a spy, especially given your curious defense of certain actions that began Karma. But hell, it's been a long time, who keeps track of such things!

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339996906' post='2987273']
Well, it's just more LSF's stuff is inconvenient at the present time.

R&R is being sacrificed at the altar of MK, too.[/quote]

You get it. +1

It's not just about what they are doing to LSF.

The excuses people are giving for why The International doesn't need to and shouldn't honor their treaties is amusing, I'm guessing these same "allies" of The International are the ones trying to make sure they don't assist LSF with these same stupid arguments in private.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1339995693' post='2987248']
Yes it is their business...and they just happen to have a MDoAP with LSF :P ...I really do understand the issue though, LSF screwed up, but from what I've seen INT didn't help things either. Looks to me like they enabled LSF by initially telling them they had their backs, they even posted a DoS if I'm not mistaken...but does any of this matter? They have an MDoAP to honor, don't they?
[/quote]but they also have CnG to please and I bet CnG is telling Int to not defend LSF so that they aren't thrown under the bus. I doubt ODN wants their pixels to be burned because of LSF's stupidity.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339997096' post='2987280']
Then why stop to have a crybaby fest here tonight?
[/quote]
Not sure what you're on about with this crying stuff. INT can either go get trashed by NoR and seriously screw up the treaty web, or they can reinforce just about everything we've suspected about them and C&G that you try so hard to deny. I'd say it's sort of a win-win as far as we're concerned.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1339996734' post='2987270']
Correct, but as a rule you don't make/keep MDoAPs with alliances that you don't agree with on multiple levels, and that includes spilling blood with them. You certainly don't hang on to them if they are unstable and subject to doing things that will get you banged up for their stupidity.

You simply can't make the case that LSF has been a bastion of level-headed action and wise choices over the years, that INT believed them to be such an alliance, and that all the stuff that has come out prior to and subsequent to the NoR attack was a shocking change in behavior. INT knew who they were getting in bed with, yet now wants to claim the treaty has essentially been voided between them because LSF turned out to be exactly what they have always been? I call bovine scatology.
[/quote]

In the days leading up to today, there was a very real possibility that INT would go to bat (and by extension, the rest of C&G) for LSF therefore splitting the coalition against SF and allowing a possible defeat for MK. But there were things that were said, things that were done that would not allow for this. INT informed LSF that they would not be activating the treaty they share.INT's intent to help LSF was certainly there, it was just not possible given the current circumstances.

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1339997539' post='2987285']
Ok well I was going to write a lengthy reply to the op, but all I got was:

umad?
[/quote]

I'm sure Valhalla is furious that their ally will be forced to roll LSF unopposed.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1339997530' post='2987284']
Not sure what you're on about with this crying stuff. INT can either go get trashed by NoR and seriously screw up the treaty web, or they can reinforce just about everything we've suspected about them and C&G that you try so hard to deny. I'd say it's sort of a win-win as far as we're concerned.
[/quote]

It seems you all really wanted CnG to scrap DR for some reason. So the tears flow because its not going to happen. The funny thing is you blame the wrong people. So cry away.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1339997615' post='2987288']
In the days leading up to today, there was a very real possibility that INT would go to bat (and by extension, the rest of C&G) for LSF therefore splitting the coalition against SF and allowing a possible defeat for MK. But there were things that were said, things that were done that would not allow for this. INT informed LSF that they would not be activating the treaty they share.INT's intent to help LSF was certainly there, it was just not possible given the current circumstances.
[/quote]
Hahaha. [i]Okay, we believe you.[/i]

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1339997915' post='2987294']
Ya well, you should because it's totally accurate.
[/quote]
Go ahead and make everyone look stupid then: Prove it. And when you do, regardless of why, at the end of the day The International is expressly letting its ally burn because it's politically expedient, and they are trash all the same.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1339997960' post='2987298']
Go ahead and make everyone look stupid then: Prove it.
[/quote]

That would involve leaking logs from various private channels and screen shots of forums so I can't really. But hey, we have no obligation whatsoever to provide that kind of information to any of you.

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339997728' post='2987290']
It seems you all really wanted CnG to scrap DR for some reason. So the tears flow because its not going to happen. The funny thing is you blame the wrong people. So cry away.
[/quote]
This is a fine consolation prize.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1339997960' post='2987298']
Go ahead and make everyone look stupid then: Prove it. And when you do, regardless of why, at the end of the day The International is expressly letting its ally burn because it's politically expedient, and they are trash all the same.
[/quote]

It is politically expedient if you want to be technical but not for the reasons you think.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1339997539' post='2987285']
Ok well I was going to write a lengthy reply to the op, but all I got was:

umad?
[/quote]
I'm mad, how many chances would I get to give Rush and MagicNinja a love tap :D

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1339998276' post='2987313']
Don't you think that INT and LSF, who have been long-time allies, know what each other are doing and understand each other clearly? Or are we going to fall for the faux moral outrage? Honestly, this relation is stronger than that.
[/quote]

True enogh and had LSF not had taken such a stance as to make [i]any[/i] alliance pretty much unable to defend them it may be a different story but people like to pretend they know better.