A Note of Concern and Assistance

ChairmanHal

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1340002213' post='2987434']
because not all treaty partners are friends, and not all friends are allies. A treaty is a business deal to attempt to benefit themselves and getting involved in this war would not benefit CnG.
[/quote]

Which as ive said before, is utterly ridiculous and stupid.

Which is why there are barely any wars nowadays.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1340002265' post='2987435']
Gotta love how INT is being singled out when NATO, UCR, NEAT, NsO, The Resistance and MCXA all have oA clauses with LSF.
[/quote]

No matter how many friends you have, not all, or any will help you in your time of need.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1340001931' post='2987426']
oh? i thought everyone preached Friends > Infra or something? whatever happened to that?
[/quote]
Their infra levels increased.

Friends > 5,000 infra

Friends < 10,000 infra

If you do the leg work to dig through the political history, you can probably work out the exact worth of a friend in infra to plug into that equation.

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1340002265' post='2987435']
Gotta love how INT is being singled out when NATO, UCR, NEAT, NsO, The Resistance and MCXA all have oA clauses with LSF.
[/quote]

It's more because of the usual rhetoric from Int that indicates some sort of hatred of Nordreich. "Nordreich delenda est" and whatnot.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1340002533' post='2987444']
It's more because of the usual rhetoric from Int that indicates some sort of hatred of Nordreich. "Nordreich delenda est" and whatnot.
[/quote]

I'm also sure that LSF considers it senseless to lead its other allies to destruction if its most powerful ally won't even bother to assist them.

Is anyone here really surprised CnG is a spineless bloc when helping an ally doesn't go along with some sort of plan MK sets forth for them? If The International went to assist LSF they wouldn't have CnG backing them, as CnG knows its a war which wouldn't work out for them.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1340002976' post='2987450']
I'm also sure that LSF considers it senseless to lead its other allies to destruction if its most powerful ally won't even bother to assist them.
[/quote]

Its not always about the power of the alliance! sometimes just having the support is enough! Like when we came in for Mongols, they got the aid they really needed and more firepower.

Then look what happened.

[/quote]
If all those alliances teamed up against NoR they could win it, but by then NoR would have brought in other alliances and LSF & co would get stomped on if Int doesn't come in.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1340002533' post='2987444']
[/quote]

I get what you're saying, but it still remains that none of their other allies have joined them so far(which is a good move in my opinion, since it's a dumb war to support).

[/quote]

Speaking purely stat-wise, NATO and MCXA are more powerful than INT, sooo

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1340003469' post='2987457']
I get what you're saying, but it still remains that none of their other allies have joined them so far(which is a good move in my opinion, since it's a dumb war to support).

[/quote]

Will you be applying the same logic to MK's current situation?

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1340003469' post='2987457']

Speaking purely stat-wise, NATO and MCXA are more powerful than INT, sooo
[/quote]politically Int would be a more powerful ally in the battlefield than NATO or MCXA but stats is also important for the actual battles.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1340003653' post='2987460']
Will you be applying the same logic to MK's current situation?
[/quote]

I've made it clear in other threads that I think what MK is doing is just as dumb.

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1340003787' post='2987464']
"Hey guys, I may have not talked to LSF about how they are planning out things, but I still think I am enough of an expert to say what I believe they think of this."

This is basically what I am getting out of half of this discussion.
[/quote]but that [i]IS[/i] what the thread is about

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1340003232' post='2987452']
Is anyone here really surprised CnG is a spineless bloc when helping an ally doesn't go along with some sort of plan MK sets forth for them? If The International went to assist LSF they wouldn't have CnG backing them, as CnG knows its a war which wouldn't work out for them.
[/quote]

Of course we would have. There wouldnt be a choice to make. We roll together consequences be damned. No alliance would defend LSF and they dont really want anyone to anyways. If they did I'm sure they would have come up with a better approach. They know this is something you can only do alone and are happy to do so. They accept it as do their allies. No reason you all shouldn't be able to. The details would clear it up for you but that is between LSF and their pals and none of your business if they dont want to fill you in.

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1340005161' post='2987478']
You're not the only one.
[/quote]

Guess it's tough having to watch your oldest ally get cratered by the alliance you probably dislike the most for the sake of someone you aren't allied to at all.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1340005114' post='2987477']
Of course we would have. There wouldnt be a choice to make. We roll together consequences be damned. No alliance would defend LSF and they dont really want anyone to anyways. If they did I'm sure they would have come up with a better approach. They know this is something you can only do alone and are happy to do so. They accept it as do their allies. No reason you all shouldn't be able to. The details would clear it up for you but that is between LSF and their pals and none of your business if they dont want to fill you in.
[/quote]

No alliance would of defended Mongols either, yet one did.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1340005675' post='2987483']
No alliance would of defended Mongols either, yet one did.
[/quote]
Did Mongols have any other allies or treaty partners besides Kaskus when they were at war with GOONS? Mongols' situation wasn't as delicate as this one due to the alliances that could get dragged into this silly war. Even so some people truly value friends>infra while others like their pixels or try to maintain both.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1340005355' post='2987479']
Guess it's tough having to watch your oldest ally get cratered by the alliance you probably dislike the most for the sake of someone you aren't allied to at all.
[/quote]

Yes. It tears me apart to see LSF burn like this while we sit around and do nothing.

The OP is !@#$@#$ hilarious considering Nordreich, you know, your allies, weren't even able to make a proper DoW on LSF, or at least a "recognition of war" statement that would go along with your nonsense and spin. Furthermore, as someone actually fighting NoR right now, I think this INT-bashing is retarded.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1339997615' post='2987288']
In the days leading up to today, there was a very real possibility that INT would go to bat (and by extension, the rest of C&G) for LSF therefore splitting the coalition against SF and allowing a possible defeat for MK. But there were things that were said, things that were done that would not allow for this. INT informed LSF that they would not be activating the treaty they share.INT's intent to help LSF was certainly there, it was just not possible given the current circumstances.
[/quote]

^ This man knows what he's talking about.