Farewell CN

Colin40

I'm not sure if this is the right place but CN has been a big part of my life since 2006.
I've logged in several times each day, paid many monthly contributions and built one of the biggest waring nations.

I have really enjoyed this game and did not want to go silently into the night like so many others before me.

I've decided to quit the game and will just let my nation die after 25 days of inactivity (it seems too difficult to actually fill out the quit CN form if you have active aid deals)

My biggest frustration is that there are obviously some people with multiple nations but the game moderators are not able to see it. I am in an alliance that has at least one nation who is manipulating multiple nations to provide themselves with endless tech. I cannot compete against cheats without cheating myself so I will bow out.

Thanks CN for 6 great years of gaming and allowing me to meet some magnificent people.

I wish you all well but for heavens sake weed out the cheats!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Colin40' timestamp='1337855360' post='2971586']
I'm not sure if this is the right place but CN has been a big part of my life since 2006.
I've logged in several times each day, paid many monthly contributions and built one of the biggest waring nations.

I have really enjoyed this game and did not want to go silently into the night like so many others before me.

I've decided to quit the game and will just let my nation die after 25 days of inactivity (it seems too difficult to actually fill out the quit CN form if you have active aid deals)

My biggest frustration is that there are obviously some people with multiple nations but the game moderators are not able to see it. I am in an alliance that has at least one nation who is manipulating multiple nations to provide themselves with endless tech. I cannot compete against cheats without cheating myself so I will bow out.

Thanks CN for 6 great years of gaming and allowing me to meet some magnificent people.

I wish you all well but for heavens sake weed out the cheats!
[/quote]

Name and shame.

Goodbye, Colin. A shame to lose you. You're probably one of the best warriors I've ever seen in this game. Any alliance would take a huge loss without you, and in more than just NS.

You're big enough to cripple a whole microalliance all by yourself (probably have the warchest to do so too). Would be a waste to just delete. Live by the nuke, die by the nuke :P

Edited by MrMuz

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1337871830' post='2971627']
Attack the individuals who you believe is cheating the system. Use that tech!
[/quote]
Raze Feanor to the ground imo.

Also, best of luck, but I feel you would be better served doing the suggested.

You talk about how much fun you had playing and how dedicated you were, yet drop accusations of cheating by unspecified individuals on your way out the door?

Maybe you think you're doing a community service here, but I'm sorry man, it's all coming off as sour grapes to me. The game has had people multi-ing (legally at first, illegally later) almost since the day it went online and it's common knowledge as you well know. Why all the sudden now is it a reason to quit? I sense you found someone doing it and reported it and they didn't get banned--the standard for proof is higher than most people realize.

Honestly if you have concerns about how the game is being moderated, take them to Kevin, don't just declare "I quit!" If you are just tired of playing, say so and move on.

Well you know how I feel about you so no need to rehash all that here. Thanks for bringing me to VE all those years ago and good luck in everything you do. Oh and watch out for those great whites as I hear they're extra mean in your neck of the woods.

Take care my friend.

Firstly, farewell! Sorry that you're off and sorrier still to hear the reason.

So it's being alleged that there is at least one VE(?) nation using multiple accounts to funnel tech to itself? Presumably Admin and the VE gov are unaware of this, or it wouldn't still be happening.

Best of luck, Colin.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1337877190' post='2971640']
You talk about how much fun you had playing and how dedicated you were, yet drop accusations of cheating by unspecified individuals on your way out the door?

Maybe you think you're doing a community service here, but I'm sorry man, it's all coming off as sour grapes to me. The game has had people multi-ing (legally at first, illegally later) almost since the day it went online and it's common knowledge as you well know. Why all the sudden now is it a reason to quit? I sense you found someone doing it and reported it and they didn't get banned--the standard for proof is higher than most people realize.

Honestly if you have concerns about how the game is being moderated, take them to Kevin, don't just declare "I quit!" If you are just tired of playing, say so and move on.
[/quote]
So diplomatic.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1337877190' post='2971640']

[/quote]

Yeah! Kick him on the way out, you're the man!