Imperial Announcement from the Global Order of Darkness

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1334604666' post='2954384']
Just to clear things up Kait was just as important to the MJ signing as she was there when the ground work was laid. Not all of RoKs problems lay at Bobs feet.
[/quote]
I think he was saying that he was involved, and actively pushed that agenda. Either way, this argument has been beaten to death a million times. Not worth it.

Back on topic, Smurth sucks.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1334604666' post='2954384']
Just to clear things up Kait was just as important to the MJ signing as she was there when the ground work was laid. Not all of RoKs problems lay at Bobs feet.
[/quote]

Agreed, I lay a significant amount of blame on her feet as well. When it comes down to it though, Bob was a big supporter of it and one of the reasons Ragnarok took that path in the first place.

Sorry for getting us so off topic guys, if anyone wants to continue this train of thought hit me up on IRC.

Also, NationRuler, GOD will show you why NPL doesn't need nukes.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1334604783' post='2954385']
I think he was saying that he was involved, and actively pushed that agenda. Either way, this argument has been beaten to death a million times. Not worth it.

Back on topic, Smurth sucks.
[/quote]

For $2, Gibs, you can find out how hard!

All other members of GOD find out for free.

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1334604984' post='2954390']
Also, NationRuler, GOD will show you why NPL doesn't need nukes.
[/quote]

Is NPL really too Polar to MP?

Also, I hate agreeing with Gibs, but Smurth does indeed suck.

[quote name='Leerjet' timestamp='1334615229' post='2954475']
Here I was thinking this was a protectorate announcement from GOD on this guy

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=245296
[/quote]

Yes, this makes sense. Your clairvoyance must serve NG well.

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1334614253' post='2954467']
Is NPL really too Polar to MP?

Also, I hate agreeing with Gibs, but Smurth does indeed suck.
[/quote]

/me slaps NR's face with a glove

Dear sir I demand satisfaction...

I request a time machine to travel back to 2009 so the Army of Darkness can duel SMUG on the otherworldly realm to settle this for good :awesome:

Oh and for the record the Bob/RoK thing.... Bob only joined RoK from Nemesis shortly before the SF fallout. He was never really a SF era member of RoK which in my mind anyway explained why he never hesitated to push an agressive anti-SF platform. He was only there for the bad times... much like if you meet a bitterly fighting couple for the first time... if you were never there to see the happy marriage you may be inclined to tell the man to flip her the bird and run rather then take the time to work through what ever problem may be there. A long time friend that had seen the best of times would see just how good the relationship could be if they could get their !@#$ sorted out.

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1334556468' post='2954160']
Bob, normally I let you skate by with obviously inflammatory and obnoxiously stupid jabs at my alliance and my allies because of our relationship in the past, however I'm pretty !@#$@#$ tired of it now. You're going to honestly start opening your mouth about Superfriends treating RoK like a prisoner or a subservient figure in SF, like we dragged them along against their will? I'm calling !@#$%^&* on you, right now. I've been proud to call myself a member of SF since the Titans were founded in 2008 and I can damn well assure you that from that point up until the governments of Tautology/KaitlinK, Ragnarok was still one of the leading voices of the bloc. Maybe you're bitter because of how horribly your plot to jump ship to the other side ended up failing for you. Maybe you're upset that the Ragnarok under Adel, without you, is still moving forward and keeping on. That doesn't change the fact that Ragnarok up until the time it left the bloc was just as valued as the other members. Ragnarok wasn't a prisoner, there is no Stockholm Syndrome and you can blame as much as you want on whoever you want to but when it comes down to it; the facts are out there, and they don't support your little stabs. I'm done of sticking up for you and I'm done rationalizing your lies.
[/quote]
Naah, I'm not too bitter about it. I move on. And it didn't turn out [u]that [/u]horribly for me either; incidentally, it's the other issues that existed within Ragnarok that ultimately led to me leaving the alliance. I'm not convinced that I would have done anything different had RoK stayed in SF. But the "move to the other side?" Nope. I'm perfectly happy with how that worked out, and had I been given a little more time, it could have been 100% completed. The issues that RoK is going through now have very, very little to do with RoK's move to MJ from SF, if any at all.

Also, hit me up on IRC sometime. We need to talk. :wub:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1334575818' post='2954213']
Cant quite understand the anger at Bob's post. Most people are generally surprised when friends turn to enemies and then friends again.
[/quote]
It's actually interesting how much my post was misinterpreted. The funny part is that most of the members who went on to found NPL were quite supportive of the government's movements away from SF. When asked on their opinions in both the RoK forums and IRC they expressed understanding over what was done and the need to find a new direction in the future. King Wally in particular was one of the major pushers for the Viking bloc long before it was even considered a political possibility. When they left to found NPL, we were told (when asking of course) that it had nothing to do with the move away from SF and that they would attempt to pursue a FA policy around Fark, GO, and RoK.

So no, it's not me being a smug prick as some would be quick to assume, though I'm flattered. It's actually legit curiosity. I wouldn't have had an issue if they had told us that they left because they disagreed with the SF move, but the fact of the matter is that most of them didn't, despite later using it as a catalyst for SF treaties.

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1334602255' post='2954365']
Roquentin, I don't think anyone (including Bob himself) would argue that his plans to jump Ragnarok from SF to Mj worked out for ANYONE be it himself or Ragnarok. He destroyed most of his credibility as a leader and a political figure. I've got no beef whatsoever with Paradox, and I hope they're happy with their decision to put more faith into him. Still, this was not his plan and it should be noted as such.
[/quote]
Again, you're misinterpreting RoK's move to MJ with the Kait/Hoo fiasco that occurred earlier this year. They are completely unrelated. The MJ move was quite intelligent for an alliance that was lingering in the Polarsphere with enemies on both dominant sides at the time. It gave us a sense of direction and a group goal to work on. Had we not found MJ as an opening we would have not been as successful as an alliance in the short and long term, as we would have been reduced to a Legion-esque Polar tech farm. The events that have ravaged RoK recently (the cancellations, the members leaving, the lower NS, etc.) didn't occur as a result of the MJ move and correlating the two is a mistake.

As for the Kait/Hoo thing, meh. I regret the way that whole thing fell apart, but I don't regret my initial actions. If you understand my point of view on why the actions taken [u]were[/u] taken (and query me if you do want to hear, there's a lot of confusion on that part) then what I did was justified and, in the end, the smart thing to do for the alliance. Of course, I didn't expect people to think with their hearts and not their minds, and it ended up blowing up in my face. But I'm not convinced my credibility as a leader is gone. I'll be around so long as I'm active and posting. :)

[quote]
Also, I'd have to strongly disagree with your assertion that anyone can be successful in Bob through resourcefulness alone. If we take a look at some of the personalities and individuals which have led alliances either to sanction or prominence in Cybernations (Terry Howard, Ramirus Maximus, Ephriam Grey and Sardonic come to mind offhand) it becomes pretty clear that there's quite a few other factors involved. Luck, lying and backstabbing can be just as useful as resourcefulness and I'd argue that Ilyani's benefitted from those more than resourcefulness.
[/quote]
I have a slight issue with this. Obviously one can't count luck as a resource (even though I don't think I've ever had it) but I don't understand where the latter two relate to my time as a leader of any of the alliances I have led. So, an open question to you or anyone else who feels free to answer: [b]When have I lied to anyone or backstabbed[/b] [b]anyone in order to gain success in CN? [/b]I'll pre-empt your obvious answer by saying that the whole RoK-MJ-SF thing was not a backstab. It was a political maneuver following increasing tensions between SF and RoK, coupled with the joining of a rising opportunity. No backs were stabbed.

[quote]
You cite MK for the things that have happened to RoK, and I'd love to agree but that too isn't correct. HE hurt RoK's potential, and HE hurt RoK's security through his actions and the decisions he made not only as Emperor but as a member of Ragnarok's High Council.
[/quote]
I was an integral part of the Ragnarok government that turned it from a 1.5 mil NS alliance ravaged by war and politically isolated into a 4.5 Mil NS alliance with solid political positioning, part of a bloc carrying it's own sphere of influence and ties around the treaty web, and the enabler of plenty of relationships that helped RoK become a relevant political entity in the game once more, something that was not true before my time in High Government as well as shortly after. So forgive me if I feel like your assertions of my incompetence are more than a touch influenced by bias.

EDIT: This isn't the right place for this discussion. If anyone wishes to continue this line of discourse, I'd be happy to, either through the blog function on their forum, IRC discussions, or Private Message.

Best of luck to CSN and NPL. I hope you get everything you want to out of this treaty.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

i'd like to take this opportunity to correct myself for something stupid that I said.

in another thread, i gave the dubious honor of the worst treaty ever to the CSN - Rectum Invigoratum treaty.

upon further evaluation, i'd like to slide that to the second slot on the turd scale, and give the accolades to this treaty.

I can smell this one all the way from the shed.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1334623518' post='2954554']
It's actually interesting how much my post was misinterpreted. The funny part is that most of the members who went on to found NPL were quite supportive of the government's movements away from SF. When asked on their opinions in both the RoK forums and IRC they expressed understanding over what was done and the need to find a new direction in the future. [/quote]

There is a differrence between leaving SF like FARK did and leaving like we did... yes things were bad but they were fixable and I was openly gobsmacked more wasn't done to at least try and salvage some individual treatys. Doing the OWF cancelation was awefull as well, should of been done in private after the war ended with a Wiki Change and the fights kept to private Q&A's where we could talk about issues like adults and realise there was a path forward.

King Wally in particular was one of the major pushers for the Viking bloc long before it was even considered a political possibility. When they left to found NPL, we were told (when asking of course) that it had nothing to do with the move away from SF and that they would attempt to pursue a FA policy around Fark, GO, and RoK.
[/quote]

We left RoK when your FA plan was to sit on treatys with FARK/GO/NoR/ROCK for the medium term. I was told in black and white that RoK was definetly not jumping into any blocs be it XX or Viking or otherwise and that we were going to lay low.

The NPL's FA plan at that time as I openly said was going to start with FARK/GO as protectors and then hopefully add in RIA and RoK as we graduated. Problem was by the time we graduated RoK was launching the Mj bloc and was activly spiraling its relationship with the SF/XX sectors who we were keen to work with. While I always intended to stay close to RoK I honestly never thought you guys would be so agressive with your FA change. I expected you to sit on FARK/GO/NoR for 6 months while trying to get a RIA treaty back active as was the point of focus when I left. Yeah sure I was interested in the idea's behind both the early Viking Bloc and XX concepts but the reality was I never visualised a "Vs" SF mentality to come into it. In fact my vision was openly entirely different.

So no, it's not me being a smug prick as some would be quick to assume, though I'm flattered. It's actually legit curiosity. I wouldn't have had an issue if they had told us that they left because they disagreed with the SF move, but the fact of the matter is that most of them didn't, despite later using it as a catalyst for SF treaties.
[/quote]

I left RoK to work on my own AA not because of your FA calls but because I wanted to prove to myself that a couple lone individuals could create an alliance out of nothing. I didn't want to be a cog in a machine that ride on the coattails of past founders success I wanted to bust my ass to see if I could help create something out of nothing. Thats what motivated me.

Sure I didn't agree with everything you guys did but if thats all that was motivating me I would of just joined another alliance I liked and kicked back and relaxed. Any founder that has a real go at trying to create their own alliance is tapping into something extra I can asure you of that.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1334632750' post='2954648']
I didn't want to be a cog in a machine that ride on the coattails of past founders success I wanted to bust my ass to see if I could help create something out of nothing. Thats what motivated me.
[/quote]

It's beautifully ironic, but that's exactly how I felt taking the reigns at RoK. And the rest, as they say, is history. ;)

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1334633092' post='2954650']
It's beautifully ironic, but that's exactly how I felt taking the reigns at RoK. And the rest, as they say, is history. ;)
[/quote]

You should write a book.

If you want to do live performances I've been practicing my violin skills.

[img]http://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/worlds-smallest-violin_190.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1334633092' post='2954650']
[/quote]

I can actually understand that. Still not sure why you chose TOP over an upcoming smaller/newer AA to express your idea's but hey everyone takes their own path. I somewhat feel you will find TOP has its own culture and history that will wall you in particular directions not disimilar to how RoK did. I guess you feel TOP is closer to your end path by default so its a shake and bake solution in which case I can get that as well.

I can see RoK still has its hooks into all you guys skins. Be it Bob, the NPL crew, Wu, Joe, whoever.

Maybe we should all get together someday to talk, eh?

As for the reasons behind the spectacular meltdown at RoK when Bob and Joe were unceremoniously asked to vacate the premises... that series of events had the Bob/Joe weirdness as the final straw. There were enough things pissing the membership off prior to these two going all strange on us. One of the major ones would be having to fight CSN or any SF, nobody really wanted to do it, it felt wrong and there was constant !@#$%*ing about it. Never saw a more silent forum during wartime @ RoK. I bet even CSN would say that RoK's performance was lacking in the war. Add to that the fact that most of our "friends" were on the SF side. 3 and more years of friendships do not go away just because the top brass dont get along so well anymore.

There was other stuff as well, so it had been building up for a while. Add to that the talk about MJ having no further use for RoK once the SF take-down was done... the dissatisfaction with those that had set the particular FA path was high. People just loved pointing out the fact that they "told you so" .

Throwing kait to the shrooms, and the timing of the act, and the perceived reasons for the act, were just the slap in the face that made people throw their hands up in the air in disgust before they walked out.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1334635288' post='2954668']
There was other stuff as well, so it had been building up for a while. Add to that the talk about [b]MJ having no further use for RoK [/b]once the SF take-down was done... the dissatisfaction with those that had set the particular FA path was high. People just loved pointing out the fact that they "told you so" .
[/quote]

Ragnarok alienated every alliance in Mjolnir; Ragnarok made their bed in Mjolnir. There's a reason why Valhalla and Asgaard didn't ally RoK after Mjolnir.

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1334669210' post='2954814']
Ragnarok alienated every alliance in Mjolnir; Ragnarok made their bed in Mjolnir. There's a reason why Valhalla and Asgaard didn't ally RoK after Mjolnir.
[/quote]
Would be interested in knowing, how exactly this alienation came about.

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1334631081' post='2954629']
i'd like to take this opportunity to correct myself for something stupid that I said.

in another thread, i gave the dubious honor of the worst treaty ever to the CSN - Rectum Invigoratum treaty.

upon further evaluation, i'd like to slide that to the second slot on the turd scale, and give the accolades to this treaty.

I can smell this one all the way from the shed.
[/quote]

It seems we've displeased our great lord porksaber. We're going to have to cancel it immediately to avoid his almighty wrath.

Everyone knows that Bob Ilyani was the only bad thing to ever happen to Ragnarok and before he came to power it was an exceptional alliance that was respected throughout Bob for its ability to act intelligently and make friends.

Edited by New Frontier