A Brief Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1332959732' post='2944406']
C'mon Balder, Doomhouse and MK have been very clear and consistent in their morals. Essentially, it's only fair if [b]they[/b] do it, duh. They've been very consistent in their support of a double standard and their right to call people meanie-head cheaters for being copycats.
[/quote]
When did we piss in your Cheerios?

And actually our policy has been we don't care if you ghost Kaskus, heck we have a guy who is ghosting GOONS. NEW members have joined the Kaskus AA and we are fine with that. What we are not fine with is people on the Kaskus AA engaging our allies and attacking people on the GOONS AA. Our policy is to engage those people flying the Kaskus AA who are attacking the GOONS AA.

This is subject to change, but tat the moment that is what we are doing. If you don't want GOONS calling in their allies, well its not our fault peace hasn't been agreed on yet, take that up with the other members of this conflict.

Edit: typos

Edited by Caliph

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1332954243' post='2944375']
This makes me want to join Kaskus, post of the year imo :D
[/quote]
What's stopping you?

Edit:
[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1332967166' post='2944467']
Because let's face it, no matter how many DH members post here, most of Bob sees this as a PR disaster.
[/quote]
Oh no, our precious, precious Public Relations are at peril! Whatever shall we do to cater for our valuable relationships with the pubbies here on the OWF?! :unsure:

Just as an aside, your claim to speak for the majority of 'Bob's' opinion of this war is fairly amusing. Got any more jokes for us all?

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1332967583' post='2944472']
Good sir, you might want to rethink the tone with which the Goon you quoted made his post.
[/quote]

Doesn't matter I can't hear tone in his text. But I can say what he stated is truth.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1332967583' post='2944472']
If most of Bob jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?
[/quote]

How high is the bridge? If it is a low bridge I might assume they were jumping after something :P

But really, all three parties enjoy war and raiding, you have provided each other with some fun, you have both taken damage, why not go for a white peace? or just admission of surrender?

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1332941125' post='2944307']
..and only 5 NEW nations have joined the Kaskus AA. <_<
[/quote]
If you go back and have a squizz at the conversation I was having with Vol Navy, you'd notice that I raised no objection to the number of ex-NEW nations in your ranks, only to the comment that massive numbers of MK nations had joined the fight against you.

<_<

Edit: Just noticed this pearl:

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1332928796' post='2944268']
Two words starting with F come to mind.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]
And what words would they be, smarty-pants?

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332969436' post='2944480']
What's stopping you?

Edit:

Oh no, our precious, precious Public Relations are at peril! Whatever shall we do to cater for our valuable relationships with the pubbies here on the OWF?! :unsure:

Just as an aside, your claim to speak for the majority of 'Bob's' opinion of this war is fairly amusing. Got any more jokes for us all?
[/quote]

The joke seems to be your ability to wage war. :smug:

Couldn't resist. Continue the fight! May both sides burn brightly! :popcorn:

-omfg

edit: You know I was thinking, if you really dont give a &$#* about PR, why not just declare on NEW since it seems like GOONS is so riled up over them. I mean NEW members joining an alliance you are at war with is certainly a more valid CB then aiding a nation that just got raided? Or maybe it is just me?

Edited by omfghi2u2

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1332968153' post='2944474']
Heh.
[/quote]

Instead of dancing your way through a paragraph, why don't you just say the word you really want to say? It would be shorter and to the point.

And after you do that, maybe open your mind to the possibility that an alliance that is comprised of members who are only connected in that they (may have) paid $10 might have dissenting opinions, and since that alliance values free expression and doesn't gag those members, some of those dissenting opinions might be voiced. And I'm frequently a source of those dissents, and I'm sure you can find many members who attest their dislike of what I have to say, because I value things such as loyalty and honor.

And it is that loyalty and honor that drives me to attempt to improve the alliance from the inside out, using that very same freedom of expression, and perhaps, one day, by force. I hope to forge a GOONS without such distasteful things as racial/sexual epitaphs and assaults on sovereign nations. [url="http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/EsaJaxa/CN/homegroan.png"]I even made a graphic for this movement,[/url] so you know it's legit.

Of course, I wouldn't expect a person who has people decide his alliance by vote to understand such things as loyalty and honor.

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1332971140' post='2944489']
[/quote]
If you think that an alliance of predominantly low-tier raiders which can't hit a large nation is funny, sure.

:mellow:

-omfg

edit: You know I was thinking, if you really dont give a &$#* about PR, why not just declare on NEW since it seems like GOONS is so riled up over them. I mean NEW members joining an alliance you are at war with is certainly a more valid CB then aiding a nation that just got raided? Or maybe it is just me?
[/quote]
Not declaring war on the direct ally of one of our allies has zero to with pubbie relations on the owf and more to do with respecting our friends and having some common sense (something which it appears you might be lacking in this particular regard). Let me put it simply for you: we don't have a problem with NEW.

[OOC Edit: God it's hard to make grammatical sense in the morning without a caffeine hit :S ]

[/quote]

GOONS has enough problem with Kaskus and MONGOLS, they'd have to call in every other ally they have if they wish to compete against the likes of NEW.

[quote name='Vukland' timestamp='1332969637' post='2944482']
Doesn't matter I can't hear tone in his text. But I can say what he stated is truth.
[/quote]
Okay I'm just going to straight up let you know that he was being sarcastic. And he was also making a point about double standards that you seemed to have missed.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1332970149' post='2944485']
But really, all three parties enjoy war and raiding, you have provided each other with some fun, you have both taken damage, why not go for a white peace? or just admission of surrender?
[/quote]
But that's neither here nor there. GOONS attacked Mongols because they felt Mongols violated their rights and did not recieve adequate compensation. This is a matter of principle, and it won't end just because some people who aren't in GOONS think it should.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1332974815' post='2944527']
GOONS has enough problem with Kaskus and MONGOLS, they'd have to call in every other ally they have if they wish to compete against the likes of NEW.
[/quote]
Another pubbie on the owf who can't read, what a surprise.

Edit: I might as well explain, I suppose - as I mentioned earlier in this thread, we have no beef with NEW. They way they have conducted themselves in terms of their diplomacy with us has been perfectly fine (which is to be expected of a reasonably mature alliance, I guess). Our war is with Kaskus and MONGOLS, as much as it would appear to people like you that it is not.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1332937853' post='2944297']
I am in awe, I truly am. GOONS, is this PR disaster truly worth it? Lets just run through the numbers.

1. You are losing sanction (no more pip, I liked it too :( )
2. You've clearly damaged relations with NEW, an alliance I am assuming you were counting on indirectly if the treaty web is any indication
3. Even after massive amounts of aid, and ghosting allied nations, you require the direct intervention of Doomhouses most powerful member.

Over a bunch of micros that would have been overjoyed to be let go after a brief mauling. Whichever way you want to slice the baloney, this is a disaster of your own creation. I hope you learn from it.
[/quote]

I don't think NEW really cares that much, as only four or five have come over. Sanction was really just a perk of growing faster than other people, which we'll be doing again here in a little while. As for PR...you tell me who doesn't like us now that did like us before.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1332945749' post='2944333']
Hehe, you guys certainly have been starting a lot of stuff, or joining in. And while I like the cut of your jib, I also know how quick ex-NEW guys over there/NEW can move cash around, 400m or whatever it is is penny change for you guys.

Wise move by Umbrella, time to exert some muscle and separate the men from the boys when and if any counters on Kaskus side come. With new attack ranges what they are and beaten down nuked up mid-lower tiers being so tough nowadays, I can't really blame GOONS. Good luck guys!
[/quote]

Kaskus was pretty tough. Tougher than most full-grown alliances I've fought.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1332947195' post='2944343']
Just, FYI, the situation isn't what people are claiming.

If NEW and GOONS went to war, on a pure statistical basis, NEW would win; it has more NS, it has a better-developed upper tier.

What's going on is that NEW keeps on sending people into Kaskus to ghost, and while Kaskus is basically contained, NEW keeps on sending reinforcements to Kaskus as though it's breaking the containment.[/quote]

Yeah. Basically.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1332950613' post='2944363']
How many NEW people do you think came over? The count is at 3 as far as I see. And as proved earlier in this thread, more MKers have come to GOONS (including those that have since left) than NEW members have joined Kaskus. Does that make it virtually an alliance-support action?
[/quote]

Well at least 4 NEW, counting the three to join last week and this 100k fellow just recently. Plus yourself; and i'm inclined to think a couple joined when you did. I think it was around 300k NS total, so, fairly substantial. Personally, I don't care. The size of the nations to come over has only served to bring an end to the conflict via this thread.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1332967166' post='2944467']
If GOONS love raiding and war and such so much, why dont they like and respect Kaskus and Mongols effort here and sign white peace? Because let's face it, no matter how many DH members post here, most of Bob sees this as a PR disaster.
[/quote]

Most of Bob already hates us. The war ends when terms are reached but I suspect it won't be white peace.

-omfg

[/quote]

It really is just you, if they truly resigned to join Kaskus. There's a difference between not caring about PR and not caring about losing a war. I think it'd be incredibly foolish to attack NEW based on sensationalist posts like yours.

Edited by mattski133

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1332965417' post='2944458']
people are forgetting UMB isn't here for Kaskus, they are here for the NeW guys who join kaskus...
[/quote]

I somehow find that hard to believe, I could've sworn Umbrella declared on Kaskus :blink:

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1332962272' post='2944429']
That hurts, Merrie. How could you compare us to Legion?
[/quote]

That really hurts, but Legion, not you. They won a much more even war against 3 alliances without help, the same can't be said about GOONS... :rolleyes:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332962804' post='2944434']
I didn't cheer for NEW members ghosting Kaskus, I merely said that if more NEW members joined Kaskus this war might get interesting (bigger and more even-sided).

And I thought you were conspiring with Fark? What? Why?
Oh and NG is very immature. :laugh:
[/quote]

When you were losing your reelection at FEAR, you complained about how I was conspiring with Fark to get you attacked. It was among the reasons you were removed from the alliance.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1332962899' post='2944435']
To be honest I don't understand what you see in GOONS, Chax, but I guess you gotta do whatcha gotta do
[/quote]

They're my allies and I'm bound to defend them militarily and on these forums. I personally don't see them in the wrong here, but then again, I don't agree with a fair fight. I'm a wimp, a coward, etc, and I like to beat up on the little guy. That's why I'm tied to GOONS.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1332964305' post='2944450']
That's not how I read it either. Kaskus/NEW have a long and....complicated...relationship with NG. We've had many members in both alliances and Deja Vu (iirc). We respect their fearlessness and war/raid skills.

With that said, any nation hitting our direct ally can still burn. In the case of Kaskus, I'm sure they are happy to increase their casualty count. :smug:
[/quote]

That last line is my exact point. While I find it honorable and courageous that NEW members are hopping to Kaskus to defend their allies, I cannot be asked to play neutral between Kaskus and GOONS. I'm tied to one, I'm not tied to the other. If this were a NEW DoW on GOONS, then yes, neutrality would come into play. It is not, however, and as such I will continue to speak in favor of my allies.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1332979853' post='2944603']
They're my allies and I'm bound to defend them militarily and on these forums. I personally don't see them in the wrong here, but then again, I don't agree with a fair fight. I'm a wimp, a coward, etc, and I like to beat up on the little guy. That's why I'm tied to GOONS.
[/quote]
I meant in the broader sense, unrelated to this particular conflict. I don't think even the psychotically partisan would argue that someone is unjustified in assisting a treaty partner.
I'm more questioning why you are allied to someone with visible contempt for most of your blocmates.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Blaskowicz' timestamp='1332979739' post='2944600']
Does this means we get to see Raman Mew-Mew again?
[/quote]
I believe we already have:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109975&view=findpost&p=2944149

Hopefully, we'll see a bit more :D

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332980046' post='2944609']
I believe we already have:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109975&view=findpost&p=2944149

Hopefully, we'll see a bit more :D
[/quote]

Sadly, that was reused from a previous war :( The ante would have to be upped in this war for more to appear, though.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332975496' post='2944538']
Another pubbie on the owf who can't read, what a surprise.

Edit: I might as well explain, I suppose - as I mentioned earlier in this thread, we have no beef with NEW. They way they have conducted themselves in terms of their diplomacy with us has been perfectly fine (which is to be expected of a reasonably mature alliance, I guess). Our war is with Kaskus and MONGOLS, as much as it would appear to people like you that it is not.
[/quote]

I actually can read, and if you read my comment before jumping to such ludicrous conclusions, you would realize that I was merely stating that GOONS already have their hands full and them taking on another alliance would be well, stupid. But please, continue to act 'surprised' due to your own illiteracy.

Edited by MitchellBade

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1332980040' post='2944608']
I meant in the broader sense, unrelated to this particular conflict. I don't think even the psychotically partisan would argue that someone is unjustified in assisting a treaty partner.
I'm more questioning why you are allied to someone with [b]visible contempt for most of your blocmates[/b].
[/quote]
I don't understand where you're coming from with this.

As I've been at pains to point out in this thread, we don't hold any contempt or otherwise for NEW. Perhaps some of our membership may hold some qualms about them, but that's by the by for any alliance really - it does not serve to affect our foreign policy.

We certainly have had issues with FEAR in the past, that's true, but I think that's largely faded out across the past year or more. Officially, I think its safe to say there's no formal enmity on our part anymore (except any required for comedic purposes, perhaps).

I don't think we have any views on Wolfpack or UCN at all - I certainly wouldn't think they would involve "visible contempt".

Edit:

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1332983445' post='2944674']
I actually can read, and if you read my comment before jumping to such ludicrous conclusions, you would realize that I was merely stating that GOONS already have their hands full and them taking on another alliance would be well, stupid. But please, continue to act 'surprised' due to your own illiteracy.
[/quote]
If you could be bothered to actually read the posts in this thread prior to stating the bleeding obvious, you'd realise that this war has got two thirds of $%&@ all to do with NEW and that the content of the post you were replying to was, well, stupid.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332983846' post='2944679']
I don't understand where you're coming from with this.

As I've been at pains to point out in this thread, we don't hold any contempt or otherwise for NEW. Perhaps some of our membership may hold some qualms about them, but that's by the by for any alliance really - it does not serve to affect our foreign policy.

We certainly have had issues with FEAR in the past, that's true, but I think that's largely faded out across the past year or more. Officially, I think its safe to say there's no formal enmity on our part anymore (except any required for comedic purposes, perhaps).

I don't think we have any views on Wolfpack or UCN at all - they certainly wouldn't involve visible contempt.
[/quote]

Elaborating on this a bit, FEAR and GOONS had (jokingly) discussed a treaty at one point. While there are certainly members on both sides of that wall that still hold ill-will toward one another, the majority have moved on, and our last war proved that. In fact, Umbrella and GOONS came in against MCXA alongside Europa in defense of NEW. Those are hardly the actions of factions that do not get along. The current circumstances are unfortunate, but they do not reflect upon the state of affairs between our bloc and GOONS/DH.