Sword Alliance Official Declaration of War on GOONS and Declaration of Support for MONGOLS and Kaskus

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332168057' post='2940213']
I already have. twice.
[/quote]

Where in your smartassed dumbass response did you answer if this guy is going to be held responsible for paying reps like a real alliance?

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1332136131' post='2940124']
coming from the person who couldnt even take over Ragnarok properly....
[/quote]
I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that you are seriously attempting to use that as a retort, or how little you clearly know about the situation you're referencing. But, as they say, if you don't succeed, try, try again. What is this, the third trainwreck of an alliance you've founded in the past year or so?

This guy was a member of The College of Winterhold with a passion to go against GOONS...since he joined. Unfortunately, we do not get involved in any situations that...well....we're not involved in. He attacked and was removed out of our AA for breaking a policy...

Good Luck LOL...man.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1332134777' post='2940121']
I'm seriously surprised that you've managed to stay in CN this long with such a thin skin. An IRC Channel? Oh no!
[/quote]
This, exactly. Who gives a damn that they registered this...."alliance's" IRC channel themselves and made a funny topic for the lulz? I mean I'd think you have a lot more on your plate to worry about than some guy messing with an IRC channel, no?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332161369' post='2940179']
So if he's an alliance and not an individual rogue nation, he should have to pay reps to get peace since he DoWed on us?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I don't see why him being an alliance or individual nation would have anything to do with that, although his ability to pay comes into question if you do try getting reps out of him. If you try getting reps from him that he is unable to pay, then the reps are just an excuse to keep him at war.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332185580' post='2940292']
I must say, ballsy.

There are balls everywhere.
----

Who knows what is going to happen now. 1 man versus all of DH? :ehm:
[/quote]

i think if DH was involved, this would have been over weeks ago.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332210208' post='2940467']
I don't see why him being an alliance or individual nation would have anything to do with that, although his ability to pay comes into question if you do try getting reps out of him. If you try getting reps from him that he is unable to pay, then the reps are just an excuse to keep him at war.
[/quote]

Methrage, don't you get it? He only has rights and an expectation of fairness so far as GOONS allows him to have one. Mind you, their policy on nuking raid targets would have gotten kicked from just about every alliance in the Unjust Path back in the day, but raid standards aren't what they used to be. My plants welcome the CO2 you are producing, but otherwise you are wasting your breath. Want GOONS to stop? Cut their support. This one will be won in the back channels.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1332272223' post='2940786']
Methrage, don't you get it? He only has rights and an expectation of fairness so far as GOONS allows him to have one. Mind you, their policy on nuking raid targets would have gotten kicked from just about every alliance in the Unjust Path back in the day, but raid standards aren't what they used to be. My plants welcome the CO2 you are producing, but otherwise you are wasting your breath. Want GOONS to stop? Cut their support. This one will be won in the back channels.
[/quote]

You make it sound like that is a simple matter of diplomacy on IRC, but from an outsiders perspective it seems like their support cannot be cut :)

[quote]
i think if DH was involved, this would have been over weeks ago.[/quote]

I thought they were sworn to defend you, even if you can defend yourself :P

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332272660' post='2940793']
You make it sound like that is a simple matter of diplomacy on IRC, but from an outsiders perspective it seems like their support cannot be cut :)

I thought they were sworn to defend you, even if you can defend yourself :P
[/quote]

I think what he is trying to say is If this war makes GOONs and DH look bad enough MK and Umbrella would have to pull back support. resulting in possibly another Karma situation on GOONs?

^ crazy theory i know

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332116806' post='2939994']
I'm not really sure why calling people who are lost causes stooges and lackeys is a bad thing. It highlights their subordinate role. ODN had people who didn't like MK. They lost out. It's over there, more or less as much as I'd like to be proven wrong. Same with Umbrella.

It's rather foolish to pretend that chiding people like ODN and Umbrella is somehow counterproductive when the die has been cast in those areas since the reelection of OsRavan of and rejection of Lusitan's anti-MK platform.
[/quote]

You seem to fail to grasp the incredibly rudimentary concept known as an "opinion." Of course there are a few people in ODN who don't like MK, it would be silly to assume otherwise. The same would likely be true for all our allies, and I'd also bet they have small pockets of dislike directed at their [i]other[/i] allies too. Hell, within MK, there are is always a person or two who dislike [insert any ally here]. This is known as a dissenting opinion, and they exist in practically every establishment one can imagine. This is not the big deal you make it out to be. The reason for that, is because at the end of the day, we continue to support the direction each of our individual alliances follow. If it were really that drastically bad, I'd imagine the Lusitan's of the world would float on to an alliance more fitting of their overall beliefs. You characterize the relationship with my alliance as a one-way street, when any of our allies will tell you this is simply not the case, we do a damn good job of working in unison with their own visions. If [b]anything[/b] you spew held an [b]ounce[/b] of weight, I sincerely doubt we'd still be such strong friends with all of our current allies, but given that we are clearly should show that you are barking up the wrong tree.

To continue with the theme of my allies, I wish GOONS all the best with these silly band-wagoners, y'all know where to find me when you need to push a few billion of aid around.

[quote name='TheApollo' timestamp='1332200128' post='2940397']
This guy was a member of The College of Winterhold with a passion to go against GOONS...since he joined. Unfortunately, we do not get involved in any situations that...well....we're not involved in. He attacked and was removed out of our AA for breaking a policy...

Good Luck LOL...man.
[/quote]

I would like to thank TCW for helping me better understand How Alliances Work. Now my Alliance is up and running. And I would like to wish TCW the best of luck in the future.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332210208' post='2940467']
[/quote]
Well then, allow me to explain since you don't "don't see why." Rogues and EoGs don't generally pay reps, but alliances do. Rogues and EoGs have to complete mercy terms or be bought off by friends (a procedure you should be well-versed in). If Kaskus/MONGOLS insist he's an alliance through diplomatic ties [i][b]and[/b][/i] insist that they will not accept peace until this [s]person[/s] alliance is given peace as well, that means he's going to be held responsible for his actions and will be expected to come up with something to attain peace. Naturally he's a small [s]nation[/s] alliance and won't be able to pay reps on his own. But there are several creative venues for that. He could have MONGOLS/Kaskus pay his reps for him. He could complete extra mercy terms. He could be made to do tech deals (I believe we did this for you at one point). Obviously we aren't going to force terms on [s]a single nation[/s] an alliance that they have no way to fulfill.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='KenoCore' timestamp='1332274639' post='2940810']
I think what he is trying to say is If this war makes GOONs and DH look bad enough MK and Umbrella would have to pull back support. resulting in possibly another Karma situation on GOONs?

^ crazy theory i know
[/quote]

i meant exactly what i said. if all of DH was called into this fight from the start it would have been over immediately.

as it is, GOONS has been handling mostly by themselves with the help of a few blindspots by MK.

what karma situation are you referring to? roguefest? or when all of NPO's allies hit us? let me consult my crystal ball; this will end the same way those fights did regardless of who Kaskus begs for help from.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332272660' post='2940793']
You make it sound like that is a simple matter of diplomacy on IRC, but from an outsiders perspective it seems like their support cannot be cut :)[/quote]

Someone said that of NPO once too. :)

All support can be cut in time. Of course it helps if the target is helping you by making the case that cost of support is simply no longer worth it.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332362856' post='2941256']
Yes of course, the costs of dealing with a nation like the OP has are incredibly steep - we should just disband now and submit to being his personal tech farm :mellow:
[/quote]

No, that's what you do when you lose your first war :awesome: