Sword Alliance Official Declaration of War on GOONS and Declaration of Support for MONGOLS and Kaskus

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332080691' post='2939691']
Someone needs to throw the first stone, if enough follow his lead each throwing a few stones themselves, eventually GOONS will be getting hit everywhere by stones of all sizes.
[/quote]

This method has been tried before with very little success, what makes you think it will work this time?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332078923' post='2939672']
Why not start a one-man AA?
[/quote]

Less bureaucracy, less work, more coordination, more impact, more moral support. Especially when the other one has the same goals and mentality.

Edited by MrMuz

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332088772' post='2939754']
DoW's like this are such a stupid cry for attention. Nobody cares that 1 nation is going to war against GOONS.
[/quote]
I enjoy them more than the average redundant treaty announcement we see all to often these days. I would think nobody cares about a redundant treaty which even the alliances who are signing it claim to be meaningless, yet people post them anyways. I find it far more interesting to see 1 nation go to war than seeing 2 alliances post redundant treaties which don't change anything.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332089126' post='2939757']
I enjoy them more than the average redundant treaty announcement we see all to often these days. I would think nobody cares about a redundant treaty which even the alliances who are signing it claim to be meaningless, yet people post them anyways. I find it far more interesting to see 1 nation go to war than seeing 2 alliances post redundant treaties which don't change anything.
[/quote]
I have to say, I agree. Whenever I see a treaty announcement, I always skip the actual text beyond what I need to determine what kind of treaty it is and who it's between. Because honestly, they're all the same thing, everybody just likes to have fun with the wording. It's rare that one of them actually catches my interest. But it's at least amusing to read suicide mission DoWs :P

[quote name='LOLman789789' timestamp='1332085112' post='2939729']
If you are a supporter and you don't have an alliance, join us!
[/quote]
I'll be right over, it's good to see somebody finally taking a stand against tyranny.

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332088772' post='2939754']
DoW's like this are such a stupid cry for attention. Nobody cares that 1 nation is going to war against GOONS.
[/quote]
I care and wish more will do the same.
LOLman for goons Vice-Roy!

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1332086117' post='2939738']
This method has been tried before with very little success, what makes you think it will work this time?
[/quote]

exactly, but then again it is methrage, not like his opinion actually matters...

another one for goons to enjoy I suppose.

Main problem with opposing GOONS directly is they get a constant flow of aid from MK and Umbrella if they have any problems, so to take GOONS out the flow of aid would need to be cut off. GOONS tend to have small nations who are cheap to rebuild, so no matter how many you knock down, they tend to get rebuilt thanks to Doomhouse Aid. Its largely for this reason I realized GOONS are somewhat of a decoy if you just go after them, but let those who are aiding GOONS off the hook. GOONS wouldn't let someone off the hook unless they have to if they send aid to someone they are fighting, because they know how much of a difference the flow of aid makes for them.

So to answer Hiro's question, this time it would have to be all of Doom House on the receiving end of the rocks for it to have a lasting effect.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332092860' post='2939780']
That's true, but he didn't have much to lose in the first place. I know all about productive ways to oppose GOONS.
[/quote]
It's too bad you are too incompetent to do anything with those productive ways.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1332096331' post='2939807']
It's too bad you are too incompetent to do anything with those productive ways.
[/quote]

Not really. It's more to do with the amount of time it takes people to recover from previous wars. I'm not really worried about it, except for how long it'll take. I prefer not having to wait 6 months+ personally.

Given Kaskus/sword/Mongols have little left to lose, they can hold out for a while though.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332095455' post='2939801']
Main problem with opposing GOONS directly is they get a constant flow of aid from MK and Umbrella if they have any problems, so to take GOONS out the flow of aid would need to be cut off. GOONS tend to have small nations who are cheap to rebuild, so no matter how many you knock down, they tend to get rebuilt thanks to Doomhouse Aid. Its largely for this reason I realized GOONS are somewhat of a decoy if you just go after them, but let those who are aiding GOONS off the hook. GOONS wouldn't let someone off the hook unless they have to if they send aid to someone they are fighting, because they know how much of a difference the flow of aid makes for them.

[b]So to answer Hiro's question, this time it would have to be all of Doom House on the receiving end of the rocks for it to have a lasting effect.[/b]
[/quote]

Currently, that will not happen, I don't want to say because people lack balls, it's more a case of not wanting to rock the boat. People are happy to sit and go along with the !@#$%^&* for the meantime. No offense to most that could oppose DH, but I seriously don't see anyone with the savvy to do it, let alone the backing or inclination. If it doesn't affect their alliance they are not truly interested in shifting the power structure.

So really all these single nations throwing themselves into the fire will achieve nothing.

Basically, no one will shift the power structure until a victory is assured and they feel confident enough in their warchests or whatever. Like I said, I'm truly not worried about it in the long-term, more in the short-term since it'll prolong the one war a year cycle if everyone needs to have a super mega warchest when victory's assured anyway.

Here, I'll enlighten you: tons of people hate MK, GOONS, and NG at minimum. Let's look at SF/XX. DH has been outed as wanting to roll a DR alliance and Mjolnir alliances. Most of PF doesn't really like MK or GOONS. Europa's leader doesn't like MK. Several alliances have valid CBs on MK as of now. It's all about connecting the dots. People setting aside differences temporarily means enough NS to destroy the current power structure. How long it'll take is the question. I mean, Polar's still paying off reps and I'm not sure how long until they're ready to fight again, for instance. Mongols/Kaskus/this guy have time though.

Edited by Roquentin

In addition, we saw a number of people who hate raiding attack GOD in the last war. Like I said in another thread, GOD isn't a big fish in terms of the raiding scene. It's more people like arexes up there and his security is only ensured as long as people are busy rebuilding.

[quote name='LOLman789789' timestamp='1332099114' post='2939829']
What Methrage said is important. I'm gonna message Kaskus and MONGOLS to see if they could launch a preeptive strike on MK and/or Umbrella in order to cut off supplies to GOONS.
[/quote]

How many wrong things can you see in this post? I count 4 or 5, at least. An impressive density.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1332099639' post='2939832']
In addition, we saw a number of people who hate raiding attack GOD in the last war. Like I said in another thread, GOD isn't a big fish in terms of the raiding scene. It's more people like arexes up there and his security is only ensured as long as people are busy rebuilding.
[/quote]

Thank God you are here to save everyone from us. If we were to be struck down, it's not because you wanted it, it's because others wanted it. You have no relevancy at this point so let's stop pretending ok?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1332100897' post='2939848']
Thank God you are here to save everyone from us. If we were to be struck down, it's not because you wanted it, it's because others wanted it. You have no relevancy at this point so let's stop pretending ok?
[/quote]

I agree to some extent, but I don't think I could be said to have no relevance. It would be because others wanted it, which is why my stuff should not be taken as a personal crusade. My relevance comes from the fact that I have actually done stuff that caused damage to MK's rep and the fact that I do have enough of knowledge of how to prosecute a war. I also spicen up the atmosphere around. It was a virtual ghost town while I was gone.