a Kaskus Declaration

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1331133249' post='2935044']
Threats of charging reps from Kaskus because they honored a treaty!? What is this world coming to.

EDIT: Wording
[/quote]
They shouldn't have honoured the treaty if they didn't want to run the risk of losing the war and being punished by the victor.

What, you think they should get off scot free after hitting us?

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why anyone is pretending to be shocked by a reparations demand. No matter what anyone else thinks, myself included, GOONS has been very clear and consistent for quite some time that they charge "reps" (let's just call that a term for monetary payment for peace, no need to quibble on semantics here) to any alliance that attacks them and loses. If people have a problem with that policy, I'm sure GOONS will agree with me that the two options are 1) Not attack them, and 2) attack and win. I am also fairly certain that GOONS will agree that such a policy will remain in effect until someone successfully chooses option 2.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1331187670' post='2935391']
I'm not sure why anyone is pretending to be shocked by a reparations demand. No matter what anyone else thinks, myself included, GOONS has been very clear and consistent for quite some time that they charge "reps" (let's just call that a term for monetary payment for peace, no need to quibble on semantics here) to any alliance that attacks them and loses. If people have a problem with that policy, I'm sure GOONS will agree with me that the two options are 1) Not attack them, and 2) attack and win. I am also fairly certain that GOONS will agree that such a policy will remain in effect until someone successfully chooses option 2.
[/quote]

This isnt a talk about reps at all.

But ive noticed, even with the extra nations coming over, that this feels more like an even war than any other war ive seen GOONs fight in. Its been fun and i hope it continues to be!

Congrats on that :awesome:

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1331155179' post='2935164']
I see you've decided to take your idiotic posturing to the OWF (finally) instead of pestering me via [OOC]in-game PMs[/OOC][/quote]

You messaged me in-game, my friend. Do you really want that transaction brought to light over here? Because it can be, but I really don't think you deserve that embarrassment as well.

[quote]I guess what I fail to understand is...what is your stake in this? You jumped ship on Fark just to join NSO, and now you've jumped ship on NSO just to join Kaskus. You're too lazy to even change your forum info. It still says NSO, for $%&@'s sake. Now, quit your whining and take your punishment like the rest of the alliance you haphazardly joined, and do shut up. Your gender has never been more in question.
[/quote]

I was never in Fark. And I didn't "jump ship" on my alliance prior to NSO either. Your credibility has never been more in question.

Good try though.

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1331213944' post='2935464']
this talk about reps and punishment scared me :(
[/quote]

Maybe they'll just get MK to give us a light spanking :unsure:

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1331203588' post='2935437']
I was never in Fark. And I didn't "jump ship" on my alliance prior to NSO either. Your credibility has never been more in question.
[/quote]

It's true, Nippy. Smurf didn't jump ship. It is all part of a nefarious Sith plan to aid an alliance at war against GOONS.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1331193064' post='2935412']
But ive noticed, even with the extra nations coming over, that this feels more like an even war than any other war ive seen GOONs fight in. Its been fun and i hope it continues to be!

Congrats on that :awesome:
[/quote]
Unfortunately most of the fighting nations in Kaskus are in GOONS's blindspot (above 50K). Sometimes they just need a little help pushing the meat down into the meatgrinder.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1331187670' post='2935391']
[/quote]
Despite how logical and straightforward this is, there's no shortage of people who are going to attack us and then be surprised we're demanding reps. The best ones are the ones that try to lawyer an excuse to get out of paying reps, like explaining how activating an oA was a defensive move.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1331263304' post='2935767']
Despite how logical and straightforward this is, there's no shortage of people who are going to attack us and then be surprised we're demanding reps. The best ones are the ones that try to lawyer an excuse to get out of paying reps, like explaining how activating an oA was a defensive move.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

we didnt hit via oA :P

all i see this as, as does the rest of Kaskus, is GOONs attacking Mongols, normally no one would protect there ally when this happened, but we decided to go into bat for Mongols anyway, if GOONs makes us pay reps, then i say we do enough damage first to deserve them.

Anyone that says this is a stupid move by either side, like Kaskus defending Mongols, or GOONs have MK and Umbrella nations on its AA, to be honest, we dont care. If MK or Umbrella nations never came over i would be saying that Kaskus is bored by now, instead we are having fun fighting GOONs.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33mbek1.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Lord Caparo

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1331271648' post='2935845']
I wasn't talking about you. It was an example.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL8.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

And yet, you treat someone hitting you on an oA the same as someone hitting you on a MDP. That's all well and good for you, especially since you are winning, but don't act all surprised when the rest of the world doesn't exactly fall lock step in with your logic there.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1331271648' post='2935845']
I wasn't talking about you. It was an example.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL8.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

A stupid example since you didnt get hit via OA.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/eg2stc.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1331263304' post='2935767']
[img]http://www.emoticonswallpapers.com/avatar/movies/Ice-Age-Squirrel.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I know, it's like when people claim attacking an entire AA is actually just a raid. It's good to know that such eLawyering, semantic BS makes us both sick...

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1331272619' post='2935848']
And yet, you treat someone hitting you on an oA the same as someone hitting you on a MDP. That's all well and good for you, especially since you are winning, but don't act all surprised when the rest of the world doesn't exactly fall lock step in with your logic there.
[/quote]
Hell, there were people who disagreed with us taking reps when we got hit through an oA. There are others who don't believe in reps [i][b]under any circumstances[/b][/i]. "The rest of the world" isn't going to agree with us no matter what we do. Why should we start caring what they think now?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L5.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1331272814' post='2935849']
A stupid example since you didnt get hit via OA.[/quote]
Not this time, but we have in the past. Try to keep up.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1331298397' post='2935914']
Hell, there were people who disagreed with us taking reps when we got hit through an oA. There are others who don't believe in reps [i][b]under any circumstances[/b][/i]. "The rest of the world" isn't going to agree with us no matter what we do. Why should we start caring what they think now?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L5.jpg[/img]

Not this time, but we have in the past. Try to keep up.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
You guys could only take reps if you think the other alliance is doing something you think would be wrong if you were in their position. If someone attacked one of your MDoAP allies, you guys would attack the alliance in response. Would this be wrong of you guys and something you should be punished with reps for? Depends if you think defending an ally deserves punishment, but if you were the one defending an ally of yours I don't think you would like paying reps for it.

If you guys want people to try forcing reps out of you, then there isn't really any hyprocrisy from you guys forcing them out of people who defend their allies. Although if you're trying to irritate people enough by inflicting as much reps as you can before someone gets the chance to try imposing their terms on you guys, anything they give you guys as terms would seem reasonable regardless of how harsh due to how you guys have been running your FA policy in such a manner.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1331298976' post='2935917']
If someone attacked one of your MDoAP allies, you guys would attack the alliance in response. Would this be wrong of you guys and something you should be punished with reps for?[/quote]
They can charge reps for anything they want, and I have no doubt that we would be charged regardless of our entry method or reason. The lynchpin however is that someone has to beat us before they can charge us reps.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1331260863' post='2935744']
you appear to be having enough trouble with us, at the moment.
[/quote]

Which is why ~625k NS of MK nations have joined your AA to fight? Between this and Beefspari's "argument" above; I question GOONS grasp of basic concepts.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1331296999' post='2935910']
well... I agree on this peace talk.... I've lost almost 4K of infra. geezzzzzz....[/quote]

3k here. Destroyed more than that though :D

[quote]
PS : I got 3 defensive slots open.... anyone, pleaseee......... Blackorchid is passing me on casualties count. grrrrr
[/quote]
After I get out of nuclear anarchy maybe. :P

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1331296999' post='2935910']
PS : I got 3 defensive slots open.... anyone, pleaseee......... Blackorchid is passing me on casualties count. grrrrr
[/quote]

With all due respect, no you don't.