a Kaskus Declaration

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331645539' post='2937579']
Nuking during tech raids is some seriously retarded !@#$. The whole idea if a tech raid is to do minimal damage. You're nuking you own potential land away and you're making all (real) raiders look bad. I'm ashamed to be your ally.
[/quote]

Come on buddy, you dont expect a 2 years and 1,697,734 Casualties nation can understand that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1331647746' post='2937589']
Who doesn't? :blink:[/quote]

Goes against all known principals to nuke a raid target for reasons as Beefspari says "I even picked up a raid target on the side because I was bored. Nuked him just for kicks." Hence why a large majority of raiders prefer to raid and not war unless necessary. But yeah Beefspari is retarded so I understand.

Nuking during tech raids is some seriously retarded !@#$. The whole idea if a tech raid is to do minimal damage. You're nuking you own potential land away and you're making all (real) raiders look bad. I'm ashamed to be your ally.
[/quote]
Obviously I know how to tech raid. I even said above that nuking is a waste of money. If I did that all the time I'd never profit. I only do GAs, and send them a message that I'm not going to escalate unless they do. When they do stuff like turtle and CM then yes I'm going to nuke them. It's not a raid if you can't steal anything.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

Unaligneds are nonpersons who do not enjoy any of the rights alliance members are afforded, why should anyone care if they get nuked? Except for other raiders annoyed at a target dropping out of range I suppose.

[/quote]

Either your nerdrage is getting the better of you or you've never actually raided yourself, but the point at which raids are no longer profitable (either because the target is going into full-defense mode warranting full-offense mode retaliation, or because the target is in full-rollover mode, is not peacing, and is wasting a slot) is the point at which nukes are generally used by (real) raiders.

The feelings are mutual, we're ashamed you're our ally. Perhaps join whichever alliance the rebel infests, you two can support group your issue here.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1331648761' post='2937599']
Goes against all known principals to nuke a raid target for reasons as Beefspari says "I even picked up a raid target on the side because I was bored. Nuked him just for kicks." Hence why a large majority of raiders prefer to raid and not war unless necessary. But yeah Beefspari is retarded so I understand.
[/quote]

I know this is going to be a shock to you, but not everyone on the planet Bob focuses solely on the economic impact of how they run their nations.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1331648907' post='2937601']
Unaligneds are nonpersons who do not enjoy any of the rights alliance members are afforded, why should anyone care if they get nuked? Except for other raiders annoyed at a target dropping out of range I suppose.
[/quote]

Can gantanX have some help on his way down at all? he's getting sick of having no one to play with.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1331648013' post='2937592']
[b]Kaskus[/b], you're terrible people.

Wanna know why? You have been putting the K's in kickass since you formed.
[/quote]

Thank you my good sir.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1331650209' post='2937612']
Either your nerdrage is getting the better of you or you've never actually raided yourself, but the point at which raids are no longer profitable (either because the target is going into full-defense mode warranting full-offense mode retaliation, or because the target is in full-rollover mode, is not peacing, and is wasting a slot) is the point at which nukes are generally used by (real) raiders.

The feelings are mutual, we're ashamed you're our ally. Perhaps join whichever alliance the rebel infests, you two can support group your issue here.
[/quote]
Sure you can use when the raid turns into a full-blown war. But no, you can not use nukes when the target is turtling. Or in any other case.

And to question if I've ever raided humors me. -_-

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331650572' post='2937616']
Sure you can use when the raid turns into a full-blown war. But no, you can not use nukes when the target is turtling. Or in any other case.

And to question if I've ever raided humors me. -_-
[/quote]

Forgive me if I kindly ignore any permissions you're attempting to grant me (or any others). I'll gladly nuke whenever and however I choose, thank you very much.

And given that you're arguing alongside Hiro and the rebel I'm going to naturally question your credentials.

edit:

You'll find that most other raiders don't quantify war. Whether the raidee is fully countering or partially (with CMs while turtling) nukes are an effective means of ending the raid before profit is further mitigated.

If you had bothered getting more details before getting 12 feet ahead of yourself (by assuming anyone was nuking raidees out of the blue here) perhaps it wouldn't need to be foot-in-mouth time. Just a thought.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331650380' post='2937614']
It's not a right not to get nuked, it's just common courtesy not to nuke during raids.
[/quote]
Didn't we just have a discussion about how we hold raids in the same category as actual wars when it comes to aiding them? Now we can't nuke them either? Who is giving unaligned nations all these privileges to be treated differently? And who's supposed to be upholding those privileges? A war is a war, man. I'm more than courteous by not lobbing bombs and CMs at the onset, and [i][b]warning[/b][/i] them that I'm going to flatten their nation if they give me a reason to. Not my fault they try to call my bluff.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL2.jpg[/img]

Sure you can nuke every raid target you please, but my view of GOONS has gone down hard because of this. And since I'm sure 99% of CN agrees with that you shouldn't nuke raid targets for fun or because they're out of soldiers, I'm sure the view of many others will go down on you if they read this.

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331651766' post='2937620']
Sure you can nuke every raid target you please, but my view of GOONS has gone down hard because of this. And since I'm sure 99% of CN agrees with that you shouldn't nuke raid targets for fun or because they're out of soldiers, I'm sure the view of many others will go down on you if they read this.
[/quote]
It's not like this is a new policy or anything. We've had this discussion before. ktarthan nuked a raid target once and that sent the rabid posters out in force. No political ties changed and nothing happened. And it's been a long time since ktarthan was in GOONs. Seriously, you care too much about the unaligned.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

[/quote]
You seem to be a bad fit for NG, perhaps you should join an alliance dedicated to the advancement of unaligneds, unaligned interests, kissing puppies and sharing cookie recipes?

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1331650911' post='2937618']
You'll find that most other raiders don't quantify war. Whether the raidee is fully countering or partially (with CMs while turtling) nukes are an effective means of ending the raid before profit is further mitigated.

If you had bothered getting more details before getting 12 feet ahead of yourself (by assuming anyone was nuking raidees out of the blue here) perhaps it wouldn't need to be foot-in-mouth time. Just a thought.
[/quote]
Yes, but that's not what was said here. Nuking is apparenly also alowed if you're bored ('just for kicks') or if the target is not accepting your peace offer. So yeah. That's out of the blue.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1331651405' post='2937619']
Didn't we just have a discussion about how we hold raids in the same category as actual wars when it comes to aiding them? Now we can't nuke them either? Who is giving unaligned nations all these privileges to be treated differently? And who's supposed to be upholding those privileges? A war is a war, man. I'm more than courteous by not lobbing bombs and CMs at the onset, and [i][b]warning[/b][/i] them that I'm going to flatten their nation if they give me a reason to. Not my fault they try to call my bluff.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
You said you nuked him "just for kicks". That implies there was no cause for it.

[/quote]

This isn't official policy you know. It's not like the GOONS raid manual says "...oh and then as per orders handed down by MK overlords, nuke them just because."

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331652108' post='2937624']
You said you nuked him "just for kicks". That implies there was no cause for it.
[/quote]
Because nothing was forcing me to nuke him. As I said twice already, it's a waste of money. I could've peaced out or I could've just destroyed him with pure bombs/CMs. Instead I decided to nuke him. Because I felt like it. Not that he didn't give me a reason. Besides, as Mr William said:
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1331650911' post='2937618']
I'll gladly nuke whenever and however I choose, thank you very much.[/quote]

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331652288' post='2937627']
Good to see not everyone in GOONS thinks this should be common practice.
[/quote]
I never said it should be a common practice. It would be completely idiotic for us to encourage goons to nuke as often as possible. Your moral outrage is both misinformed and misplaced.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffL4.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331652661' post='2937632']
That's tough talk, yet I don't see you all nuking every nation in range.

"I'll gladly nuke whenever and however I choose, [i]as long as they are unaligned and don't have nukes themselves[/i]"

That's bad-ass.
[/quote]
I've been nuked 57 times. I'm fighting three wars at once right now, and one can nuke me (and did already). Last round against Mongols/Kaskus I fought one or two guys who had nukes. Again, misinformed and misplaced.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331652661' post='2937632']
That's tough talk, yet I don't see you all nuking every nation in range.

"I'll gladly nuke whenever and however I choose, [i]as long as they are unaligned and don't have nukes themselves[/i]"

That's bad-ass.
[/quote]

As bad-ass as raiding in the first place, right? Hypocrite much?

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331653408' post='2937639']
Yes. I raid because it makes me feel like a bad-ass. That's it.
[/quote]
Really I think you're misunderstanding our policy. We don't mandate nukes against tech raid targets, we merely do not deny our members the opportunity to use the unaligned as nuclear testing grounds. The actual occurrence of unaligned nuking is very, very low.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1331653122' post='2937638']
As bad-ass as raiding in the first place, right? Hypocrite much?
[/quote]

I don't see Spaar coming on here and bragging about nuking a goldfish.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OKMu8dcXqpE/S2trCfafQTI/AAAAAAAACnE/_H3ZajzP3B0/s400/king-kong_01.jpg[/img]

I mean, seems a bit silly doesn't it?

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1331653408' post='2937639']
Yes. I raid because it makes me feel like a bad-ass. That's it.
[/quote]
And I nuke raid targets because it makes me feel like a bad-ass. Not because I warn them not to escalate and then they do. Keep talking, it's amusing. I want to hear more about how your tech raiding is better than our tech raiding.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]