Delayed Justice

Malatose

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shan Revan' timestamp='1329553146' post='2923259']
If they get less than a third of their alliance sending aid, and only using 5 slots, they can pay it off in under 4 months and still have a few weeks spare. I'm no longer an advocate of reparations, however these aren't that large over history and the allotted time is hardly requires staggering feats of organisation that haven't been already been massively surpassed by lesser alliances than Polar. They undoubtedly wont like it, just as we didn't, but I have every confidence in their ability to rise to the task without breaking a sweat.
[/quote]

Yeah I understand. I think it's just the sheer mass of it. For instance, if you eat a meal every day, for your entire life from birth to death, and live to be around 60, that is around 220k meals? Sure a ton of people will eat more. Sure near everyone eats at least the same around. That doesn't stop it from being a metric crapton of food.

Another way of looking at it is that 125k tech is roughly a quarter of all VE's tech. It's around 41% of NPOs, about 10% of GPA/Umbrellas, or you know, roughly 70% of NpO's current tech.

You can also note I'm a tad new. I came around the scene for the first time as NPO was getting out of terms for Karma iirc. So this is the first time I personally have seen reps like this.

Don't mind me though, just a spectator. I get enamored with really big things. It was just the realization of how much 125k tech actually is. Sort of like when a kid learns the value of a dollar for the first time.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1329547952' post='2923229']
It was actually MK who forced the reps out of you, but congrats on peace all the same.
[/quote]
They wouldn't have been in a position to take that amount of reps if half the coalition led by Polaris hadn't disappeared overnight after carrying out the plan that was made, discussed and cleared with Polar. I believe even Polar agrees that mistakes were made. For some it costed them alot more than 125k. For instance, it took IRON around 10 months to get out of reps due to Gramlin's extended BS and the fighting went on for a lot more longer then now as well, + 100k+ tech.

Anyway, IRONers consider the Bi-Polar issue settled, I hope members of Polaris also view it as such.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1329553977' post='2923265']
Yeah I understand. I think it's just the sheer mass of it. For instance, if you eat a meal every day, for your entire life from birth to death, and live to be around 60, that is around 220k meals? Sure a ton of people will eat more. Sure near everyone eats at least the same around. That doesn't stop it from being a metric crapton of food.

Another way of looking at it is that 125k tech is roughly a quarter of all VE's tech. It's around 41% of NPOs, about 10% of GPA/Umbrellas, or you know, roughly 70% of NpO's current tech.

You can also note I'm a tad new. I came around the scene for the first time as NPO was getting out of terms for Karma iirc. So this is the first time I personally have seen reps like this.

Don't mind me though, just a spectator. I get enamored with really big things. It was just the realization of how much 125k tech actually is. Sort of like when a kid learns the value of a dollar for the first time.
[/quote]

I doubt you were arguing this much when TOP was forced to pay 300-400k tech or whatever their reps were I believe they were the most in CN history. Polar's 125k is light compared to what TOP had to pay, and TOP had about the third of the members Polar has. If it pains you this much why don't you join Polar and help them pay it.

Edited by Timberland

People are saying reps were lenient but were they necessary? This was was to bury the hatchet and NpO got thoroughly beat. TOP and TSO are asking for 125,000 out of 180,000 of their tech. Really quite an unnecessary amount for trying to "patch up old wounds."

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329560993' post='2923293']
People are saying reps were lenient but were they necessary? This was was to bury the hatchet and NpO got thoroughly beat. TOP and TSO are asking for 125,000 out of 180,000 of their tech. Really quite an unnecessary amount for trying to "patch up old wounds."

-omfg
[/quote]

You miss the point. It is not to build some sort of friendship on this whole thing, but to punish the New Polar Order to a satisfactory degree. This is satisfactory. We now consider the issue settled. Doubt we'll be signing treaties anytime soon.

Edited by ccabal86

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329560993' post='2923293']

-omfg
[/quote]

If there is any one who deserved rep like that, it's Polar. The rep amount has been deemed acceptable by both INVOLVED parties, TOP and NpO. Who the hell are you to stand outside to criticize? If you feel so strongly about it, feel free to join Polar and help pay for their sin. Otherwise, just shut up.

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1329561308' post='2923296']
You miss the point. It is not to build some sort of friendship on this whole thing, but to punish the New Polar Order to a satisfactory degree. This is satisfactory. We now consider the issue settled. Doubt we'll be signing treaties anytime soon.
[/quote]
I am pretty sure he got the point. While it may seem satisfactory to you others wont see it that way. Honestly why not just demand the remaining 50k tech so you can finally truly be "even" by taking all of their tech.

[quote name='Zero-One' timestamp='1329561406' post='2923298']
If there is any one who deserved rep like that, it's Polar. The rep amount has been deemed acceptable by both INVOLVED parties, TOP and NpO. Who the hell are you to stand outside to criticize? If you feel so strongly about it, feel free to join Polar and help pay for their sin. Otherwise, just shut up.
[/quote]

Who am I to criticize? I didn't realize you had to be someone of importance to voice your opinion. I feel quite strongly about it because they are my allies who are getting the short end of the stick. And go help them? I mean I'll help rebuild their nations. If you hated Polar so much, then why didn't you join TOP to go fight them?

-omfg

edit:
[quote name='ditchboy00' timestamp='1329562156' post='2923303']
I am pretty sure he got the point. While it may seem satisfactory to you others wont see it that way. Honestly why not just demand the remaining 50k tech so you can finally truly be "even" by taking all of their tech.
[/quote]

Blah blah blah Polar sympathizer! Dont you get it? They HAD to pay even after 82 days of a curb stomp. They HAVE to give 70% of their tech in order to be punished for what they did in the game 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

Edited by omfghi2u2

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329562348' post='2923305']
Who am I to criticize? I didn't realize you had to be someone of importance to voice your opinion. I feel quite strongly about it because they are my allies who are getting the short end of the stick. And go help them? I mean I'll help rebuild their nations. If you hated Polar so much, then why didn't you join TOP to go fight them?

-omfg
[/quote]

Polar should have thought about the repercussions of blatantly backstabbing it's allies. The matter is considered settled and NpO got a significantly easier set of terms then IRON and TOP them. I'd be happy if I were you.

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329562348' post='2923305']
Blah blah blah Polar sympathizer! Dont you get it? They HAD to pay even after 82 days of a curb stomp. They HAVE to give 70% of their tech in order to be punished for what they did in the game 2 years ago. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Alternatively, they could have come out of peace mode. :smug:

[quote name='TIEIXIAIS' timestamp='1329562534' post='2923306']
Polar should have thought about the repercussions of blatantly backstabbing it's allies. The matter is considered settled and NpO got a significantly easier set of terms then IRON and TOP them. I'd be happy if I were you.
[/quote]

And we can go on and on and on about what is fair and what is not. But it really isnt going to go anywhere seeing as how our side believes its crap, and your side believes its lenient. I am happy that our allies finally got peace. Alot of TOP and co are saying how they dont forget. I am sure they wont forget either.

-omfg

edit: [quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1329562780' post='2923307']
Alternatively, they could have come out of peace mode. :smug:
[/quote]
Yeah thats true, then IRON wouldn't have to be TOP's lap dogs. :rolleyes:

Edited by omfghi2u2

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329562788' post='2923308']
And we can go on and on and on about what is fair and what is not. But it really isnt going to go anywhere seeing as how our side believes its crap, and your side believes its lenient. I am happy that our allies finally got peace. Alot of TOP and co are saying how they dont forget. I am sure they wont forget either.

-omfg
[/quote]

It's never fun when you're on the losing side is it?

Now just imagine how much worse you'd feel if it was because NpO betrayed you.

The matter is settled, NpO wants to move on, and if they want to take a shot at IRON and TOP it's nothing new, and we'll handle it. Until then, be grateful IRON didn't ask any reps, and considered the situation sated.