Let's get the ball rolling, right.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1327288897' post='2905182']
That's a load of ****, I've been in your IRC channel since day one. I am forums challenged atm due to time constraints... However, when I was LoFA I remained in contact with you guys since the day you were formed.
[/quote]
I will have to echo this as well.. I was there until the holidays hit.

I even said some things.. I think. :ph34r:

Corporations are not the same as alliances. Corporations inherit debt, alliances are agreements to defend each other (not take on each others' debt). Looks like chaosclanlord needs to look in a dictionary.

Here's a real life example for those who can't think for themselves. Let's say France sells cars to Russia. Russia sends the money but France disappears from existence! Gone!...it is no longer there (France is a great lake now). Does Russia go to the United States saying "You were allies, you owe us X amount of cars. We sent the money to France last week." .....now what do you think the U.S. would say? Let me help you chaosclanlord. The U.S. would say "HAHAHA...you're kidding right?...you're not? Well sucks to be you. We're allies, not their banker."

Same goes to CN. Now, once again, this would be negated if there was a prior agreement to guarantee the tech from the alliance...but there wasn't. Once again, chaos, anson, etc. ...MEDIEVAL THINKING.

[quote name='AgentAwesome' timestamp='1327340191' post='2905563']
Corporations are not the same as alliances. Corporations inherit debt, alliances are agreements to defend each other (not take on each others' debt). Looks like chaosclanlord needs to look in a dictionary.

Here's a real life example for those who can't think for themselves. Let's say France sells cars to Russia. Russia sends the money but France disappears from existence! Gone!...it is no longer there (France is a great lake now). Does Russia go to the United States saying "You were allies, you owe us X amount of cars. We sent the money to France last week." .....now what do you think the U.S. would say? Let me help you chaosclanlord. The U.S. would say "HAHAHA...you're kidding right?...you're not? Well sucks to be you. We're allies, not their banker."

Same goes to CN. Now, once again, this would be negated if there was a prior agreement to guarantee the tech from the alliance...but there wasn't. Once again, chaos, anson, etc. ...MEDIEVAL THINKING.
[/quote]
When United States takes the cars/money/etc from the now non-existent france, yes, it would be them paying the bill. (or risking a global conflict)

[quote name='chaosclanlord' timestamp='1327291185' post='2905208']
Just saying that this might not be a wise move as they have already seen the reactions towards GPF when loosing a protectorate. Like others have said the only thing right now keeping them safe is tech still waiting to be sent to them and an ODP with Ni. I really think it would be setting themselves up to fail one day in the future if they keep doing tech deals with GPF and go as far as to sign a ODP with them too, members from multiple alliances have said negative things about GPF and with the way GPF operates (I.E. Not sending the rest of the tech owed by TDE to Combine when their MoFA is in fact the former leader of TDE) it would be a risky move on their part because they are taking a huge chance that GPF will mess up big time and people would react.
[/quote]

hey chaos, been a long time man. haven't seen you since we forced you off our alliance for attacking our own ally! strange that you are giving alliance advice though?

[quote name='AgentAwesome' timestamp='1327298569' post='2905300']
Oh and one more thing: "So, all that money Argent gave you was a calculated gamble eh?"

They gave me $0. Everyone who is active in our alliance has paid or is paying their debts. YOU CAN'T TAX THE DEAD. ...once again, this is medieval CN thinking.
[/quote]
Contrary to this, studies have, in fact, found ways to tax the dead. Problem is it is the living who end up having to pay once all the dead's money is taken away due to taxes and then late fees with acrued interest due to the fact the dead don't pay their bills on time. So once the dead are broke they go after the living.

[quote name='AgentAwesome' timestamp='1327340191' post='2905563']

[/quote]100% incorrect. you could not be more incorrect if you tried. It is literally impossible to be further from the truth and reality than you are with this statement. For one, who in the blue hell is "France" and "Russia" and "United States" and "U.S."?

Secondly, you analogy fails. Hard.

The fact is money is sent to your alliances members. If they accept the money the individual nations have just enterred into a binding contract to send the agreed upon number of technology to the nation who sent the aid to them. For as long as that nation exists that debt is owed until it is paid off. If your alliance becomes a nuclear crater before its members have paid off their debts the debts are still owed until the creditor (the nations giving you money) absolves you of those debts.

You should be a mite more greatful and humble given your current situation here.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1327347629' post='2905656']
100% incorrect. you could not be more incorrect if you tried. It is literally impossible to be further from the truth and reality than you are with this statement. For one, who in the blue hell is "France" and "Russia" and "United States" and "U.S."?

Secondly, you analogy fails. Hard.

The fact is money is sent to your alliances members. If they accept the money the individual nations have just enterred into a binding contract to send the agreed upon number of technology to the nation who sent the aid to them. For as long as that nation exists that debt is owed until it is paid off. If your alliance becomes a nuclear crater before its members have paid off their debts the debts are still owed until the creditor (the nations giving you money) absolves you of those debts.

You should be a mite more greatful and humble given your current situation here.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more with this logic.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1327307426' post='2905401']
And if someone had jumped the gun in the 90 minutes between the posting of this topic and Otter's statement on the matter, it would appear that the cancellation period of the protectorate is in effect for 48 hours after the time of the announcement, and surely Ragnarok would have held up their end of the bargain had it come down to that.
[/quote]
Still got it :awesome:

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1327345630' post='2905630']
hey chaos, been a long time man. haven't seen you since we forced you off our alliance for attacking our own ally! strange that you are giving alliance advice though?
[/quote]

When was this? And have you any proof. I don't remember even your name much less your alliance. Sorry about that man.

[quote name='chaosclanlord' timestamp='1327348245' post='2905662']
When was this? And have you any proof. I don't remember even your name much less your alliance. Sorry about that man.
[/quote]

Well if that doesn't show how much you pay attention to the OWF and your past alliances, I don't know what does!

[quote name='Colonel brick' timestamp='1327348887' post='2905668']
Well if that doesn't show how much you pay attention to the OWF and your past alliances, I don't know what does!
[/quote]

No all I'm saying is I don't remember being in PPO with him. I remember being there when Silent Blood Line was the head of the alliance but I left and I don't remember ever going back to it.

[quote name='chaosclanlord' timestamp='1327349007' post='2905669']
No all I'm saying is I don't remember being in PPO with him. I remember being there when Silent Blood Line was the head of the alliance but I left and I don't remember ever going back to it.
[/quote]

http://ppo.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,236.0.html

there's your apoplication thread :P

and yea you were around and left before i joined and became captain but then you tried to rejoin before the incident with NEAT

edit: good that you now remember the alliance you were apart of twice though ;)

Edited by Lurunin

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1327349374' post='2905672']
http://ppo.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,236.0.html

there's your apoplication thread :P

and yea you were around and left before i joined and became captain but then you tried to rejoin before the incident with NEAT
[/quote]

Well then my memory failed me and I have been proven to be mistaken. As for attacking the ally though your gonna have to PM me in game about that because I don't really know what your talking about there and a public forum probably isn't the best place to talk about such matters. If I am proven mistaken again I am sorry, but I really don't know what your talking about when you say I attacked an ally. The only reason I would have attacked any sort of ally is a counter-attack, it was sanctioned, or the allies were not made clear. Either way I'm not trying to pin anything on you or the good name of PPO, I just have a bad memory is all.

[quote name='chaosclanlord' timestamp='1327349736' post='2905675']
Well then my memory failed me and I have been proven to be mistaken. As for attacking the ally though your gonna have to PM me in game about that because I don't really know what your talking about there and a public forum probably isn't the best place to talk about such matters. If I am proven mistaken again I am sorry, but I really don't know what your talking about when you say I attacked an ally. The only reason I would have attacked any sort of ally is a counter-attack, it was sanctioned, or the allies were not made clear. Either way I'm not trying to pin anything on you or the good name of PPO, I just have a bad memory is all.
[/quote]

will do, you were a good member before you went inactive and that event happened

anyways...back to this thread. I know GPF and only 1-2 Rokkers (Wu :wub:). GPF may not have been the most amicable with their protectors with Rok, but they put up with a damn lot concidering in their own damn DoE (still looking for confirmation on that again) and in other other their topics, there were Rokkers trolling them :/

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1327351370' post='2905689']

anyways...back to this thread. I know GPF and only 1-2 Rokkers (Wu :wub:). GPF may not have been the most amicable with their protectors with Rok, but they put up with a damn lot concidering in their own damn DoE (still looking for confirmation on that again) and in other other their topics, there were Rokkers trolling them :/
[/quote]

Really? Was it like, "we will protect you because we know how much you suck" or "Dude, these guys suck, lets protect them from harm"? Or was it just good natured ribbing? I cant remember and really cant be bothered to go back and look. I doubt it was so.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1327306837' post='2905398']
Agreed, which works as long as alliances don't shoot first ask questions later. Having a clear policy in place means that Argent's interests are protected, and they don't have to jump in front of traffic (albeit with a tank) to do so.

To be clear, not arguing that Argent is doing anything wrong here at all, just arguing having something in place would make their lives easier.
[/quote]
Something in place was/is in the works. We didn't really expect their protectorate being canceled. Since we here in Argent work at TOP speed, I felt I needed to publicly post my warning.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1327357899' post='2905763']
Something in place was/is in the works. We didn't really expect their protectorate being canceled. Since we here in Argent work at TOP speed, I felt I needed to publicly post my warning.
[/quote]
Makes sense to me, cheers.