Let's get the ball rolling, right.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1327291191' post='2905209']
Give? That would be cool too, but we are good with buying it.

Anyone who doesn't protect their investments deserves to lose those investments. Bottom line, GPF has around 280 million of our money, some of that will come back to us in tech. We don't want to see that interupted at all, let alone over the current issues.

We aren't here to issue threats or rattle any sabers, just to let everyone know where that stands. We will protect our money and tech, bottom line.
[/quote]

So once Argent recieves all there tech, GPF will be left alone to fight by themselves? or will Argent consider a treaty with them?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesn't protect their investments deserves to lose those investments. Bottom line, GPF has around 280 million of our money, some of that will come back to us in tech. We don't want to see that interupted at all, let alone over the current issues.

We aren't here to issue threats or rattle any sabers, just to let everyone know where that stands. We will protect our money and tech, bottom line.
[/quote]

An honorable position if I ever did see one.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1327291343' post='2905211']
So once Argent recieves all there tech, GPF will be left alone to fight by themselves? or will Argent consider a treaty with them?
[/quote]
If they prove decently reliable, we are not ones to just give up a good source of tech.

[/quote]

Also with the reaction to this drop another deal might not be wise. Just saying.

[/quote]
How do you feel about the raiding of nations in GPF that [i]aren't[/i] tech dealing with you? :v:

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1327291548' post='2905214']
If they prove decently reliable, we are not ones to just give up a good source of tech.
[/quote]

So Argent will only defend GPF nations who are tech dealing with them? alright that clarifies alot.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1327291912' post='2905220']
I see no reason why we should determine what our relations to GPF, whatever they may be, are based upon the opinions of others.
[/quote]

Yes but now it's been proven that quite a few people don't like GPF. So at this point I would probably consider them at least some form of a risk in signing a treaty with if I were the head of one of the big alliances, or even tech dealing with. For the simple reason that what if they do make the wrong alliance mad? That situation seems to be waiting to happen and when it does diplomacy can only go so far. I'm not trying to force my opinions on you, but it really doesn't seem wise to protect an alliance that is not liked. [b]Or at least an alliance that you don't have significant resources invested in.[/b]

[b]Edit in bold[/b]

Edited by chaosclanlord

And yet, as has been previously pointed out, we HAVE invested significantly in them, as their aid screens can attest to.

I'll also point out that if we are spinning OWF hyperbole into CB's, we have truly entered a new and stupefying age.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1327292361' post='2905226']
And yet, as has been previously pointed out, we HAVE invested significantly in them, as their aid screens can attest to.

I'll also point out that if we are spinning OWF hyperbole into CB's, we have truly entered a new and stupefying age.
[/quote]

I don't mean to say that you don't have resources invested in them, what I meant was that after the deal ends you won't, right? So would it be prudent to do it again or sign a treaty with an ODP knowing that you would have to deal with the fact people already don't like them and are looking for a reason to declare on them?

[quote name='chaosclanlord' timestamp='1327292557' post='2905227']
I don't mean to say that you don't have resources invested in them, what I meant was that after the deal ends you won't, right? So would it be prudent to do it again or sign a treaty with an ODP knowing that you would have to deal with the fact people already don't like them and are looking for a reason to declare on them?
[/quote]

Dude. It is clear to everyone that this alliance is under protection. No one is going to actively piss off Argent and co. over one guy who no one likes for some reason.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1327292708' post='2905232']
Given the paucity of good tech sellers on Bob, why would I want to stop dealing with good ones when I found them?
[/quote]

True true, carry on then. Just wanted to find out more about your position. Thank you for clarifying.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1327292708' post='2905232']
Given the paucity of good tech sellers on Bob, why would I want to stop dealing with good ones when I found them?
[/quote]

Paucity? Wow, really?
+10 word score to trimm. Excellent.
carry on.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Ok I don't comment on this stuff often but there's some things I need to address. (and I'm not a noob, just a re-roll after a year being inactive so NS doesn't equal experience)

1. RoK---I don't know much about RoK but considering they were our protectorate, I don't understand the bad blood already??? Where they hospitable? Probably not. But let's walk away from each other civilly. A good thank you from each side should be taking place right now and a shaking of hands...not this nonsense.

2. Anson and Tech---Tech Deals are calculated gambles. Its based on the honor and trust of the individual nation to another individual nation. Anson needs to grow a pair, cut his losses and quit whining. It's 50 tech...big deal. The guy was young and went inactive, too bad--that's the risk you take...probably should have bought from me then--go ahead and ask my buys, they know my credibility.

3. Deserters and outcasts--- Is GPF accepting outcasts and deserters? Probably, I'm not 100% sure. Am I a fan of that policy? No...But this is how alliances grow. You get members, you gain strength and espirt de corps. Things happen and loyalty can change. I'm not going to judge someone forever based on 1 experience.

I sincerely Thank You Ragnorok for you protection!

/O Global Protection Force
/O Ragnorok

[quote name='AgentAwesome' timestamp='1327296418' post='2905279']
Tech Deals are calculated gambles.
[/quote]

So, all that money Argent gave you was a calculated gamble eh? So when a nation or two, or more decide to go inactive and not send the tech, do you really think the are going to walk away without getting that tech? :rolleyes:

Also it seems like you are saying Argent has no right to protect their money because if you get attacked that is a calculated gamble that they should of considered before dumping all that money into you? Seems that way to me.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1327297806' post='2905291']
So, all that money Argent gave you was a calculated gamble eh? So when a nation or two, or more decide to go inactive and not send the tech, do you really think the are going to walk away without getting that tech? :rolleyes:

Also it seems like you are saying Argent has no right to protect their money because if you get attacked that is a calculated gamble that they should of considered before dumping all that money into you? Seems that way to me.
[/quote]

Uhhhh....Hellz yeah! That's exactly what I'm saying!

Look-- that's great about protecting your investment, I understand that. But they're not active anymore! This ridiculous thinking of "well they were allies for 2 days, so he's liable" is medieval. That is, unless previously stated otherwise that we'd insure them--which, to my knowledge didn't happen.

So I will repeat myself. YES. They are a gamble based on trust and honor from ONE nation to another nation. NOT NATION to ALLIANCE. (unless predetermined--there's always footnotes)

[quote name='AgentAwesome' timestamp='1327298263' post='2905294']
Uhhhh....Hellz yeah! That's exactly what I'm saying!

Look-- that's great about protecting your investment, I understand that. But they're not active anymore! This ridiculous thinking of "well they were allies for 2 days, so he's liable" is medieval. That is, unless previously stated otherwise that we'd insure them--which, to my knowledge didn't happen.

So I will repeat myself. YES. They are a gamble based on trust and honor from ONE nation to another nation. NOT NATION to ALLIANCE. (unless predetermined--there's always footnotes)
[/quote]

LMFAO at this post... Your not helping your alliances case here any AgentAwesome. Maybe you all should take peoples advice and conduct radio silence so to speak since you obviously have no respect for the protection your tech deals are giving you right now.

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1327275057' post='2905032']
SCREW YOU OUR EMBASSY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME
[/quote]
our embassy is special and you know it

its like a little kid we have raised together

I have a question though, at what point does Argent deem an alliance worthy of protection due to the fact that they have tech deals going on with them? you have ongoing tech deals with TSI, GPF, BN, NsO, UE, State of Nirvana, VE, and Deinos, which of those alliances are you protecting as well? I know you are treatied to a fair amount of them, but at what point do you extend your protection as a result of that investment?

I think its pretty standard to if a war happens to expect the nations to get you your tech after the war in general.

Obviously you have a HUGE percentage of your deals with GPF, and I can understand your policy in relation to that, just asking a general question.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris