A Message From AZTEC

Alaric

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1322629760' post='2856454']
I'd say overkill, but then, I don't think you'll manage many offensive wars. So good luck with this.
[/quote]

Thanks for the good wishes :)

I count 86 offensive wars, so far, by GLoF/Col/WAPA. Is that many?

Breaking news: NV disbanded months ago and their treaties didn't all just magically carry over to other AZTEC alliances.

Anyway, here's to a good fight STA. [img]http://cn-colossus.co.uk/Smileys/default/good.gif[/img]

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1322653524' post='2856882']
AZTEC was cooler when NV still existed.

Have fun bandwagoning, I guess. :P
[/quote]

That's rich coming from a member of Sparta. Attacking with no treaties is all good for you, but when we follow our treaties, it's bandwagoning?

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1322655850' post='2856891']
That's rich coming from a member of Sparta. Attacking with no treaties is all good for you, but when we follow our treaties, it's bandwagoning?
[/quote]
Honoring your treaties is all well and good, but I think IRON's front is pretty well covered at this point.

I suppose I'm guilty of using the term bandwagoning liberally, though. Good luck with the easy win.

(And just in case it needs clarification: I meant what I said about NV, they were a great bunch).

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1322657270' post='2856895']
Honoring your treaties is all well and good, but I think IRON's front is pretty well covered at this point.

[b]I suppose I'm guilty of using the term bandwagoning liberally, though. Good luck with the easy win. [/b]

(And just in case it needs clarification: I meant what I said about NV, they were a great bunch).
[/quote]

Just like Sparta in every war?

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322632568' post='2856607']
NV would frown at this announcement.

o/ STA
[/quote]
Maybe but we will never know as they are no longer with us.

I suppose I'm guilty of using the term bandwagoning liberally, though. Good luck with the easy win.

[/quote]
Is it. NpO keeps sending ankle biters to hit IRON while totally ignoring the other aggressor in this war. Seems relatively prudent to counter said AAs and pound them out while NpO is holding back so much in reserve. I mean its not like ALL OF NpOs allies have come to her defense and this is purely overkill.

Have fun GLOF STA is a fun fight.

Edited by Buds The Man

Welcome to the fray, Colossus and GLoF! We look forward to a fun, clean fight. We wish you the best.

As for WAPA... well, we wish we could say the same, but you've already shown that you have no intentions to be respectful here. Looking over some of your war reasons, as well as a couple of messages I've received, you're still the same classless, pitiful alliance you've always been. I look forward to turning you into a smoking ruin.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1322663656' post='2856978']
As for WAPA... well, we wish we could say the same, but you've already shown that you have no intentions to be respectful here. Looking over some of your war reasons, as well as a couple of messages I've received, you're still the same gross, classless, pitiful !@#$heads you've always been. You really are the retarded little brother of every alliance you've ever been allied to.
[/quote]

Give 'em hell, STA.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1322660892' post='2856944']
Yet, not untrue.
[/quote]
I get it, it's a common snipe to make but, like everyone else who attempts it, you're conveniently glossing over any examples that devalue it. (I will admit, however, that it certainly carried more weight when we were younger).

But the subject has been covered multiple times upon multiple times, so I hope you can understand why I'd rather not continue beating this dead horse.

[ooc]This is me trying not to derail another thread with this issue. If you'd like to talk about it you're welcome to PM me.[/ooc]

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1322662737' post='2856969']
]Is it. NpO keeps sending ankle biters to hit IRON while totally ignoring the other aggressor in this war. Seems relatively prudent to counter said AAs and pound them out while NpO is holding back so much in reserve. I mean its not like ALL OF NpOs allies have come to her defense and this is purely overkill.
[/quote]
Firstly, ankle biters implies that they aren't much effort. Secondly, since TOP has nothing else to do but focus it's wrath on Polar, IRON is free to focus all of it's resources on those that have declared in Polar's defense. I don't fault them for bringing in their allies, though—there is no kill quite as effective as overkill, especially when you're trying to close down fronts—just stating that it's not exactly an uphill battle. :P

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[/quote]

Oh really? its covered?.. So i suppose if IRON side is 'very' well covered wheres RIA to cover the polar side? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1322664133' post='2856982']
Firstly, ankle biters implies that they aren't much effort. Secondly, since TOP has nothing else to do but focus it's wrath on Polar, IRON is free to focus all of it's resources on those that have declared in Polar's defense.
[/quote]

You clearly haven't coordinated a war, have you?

Edit: That, or you haven't looked at the matchups of this war.

Edited by Leet Guy

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1322658263' post='2856903']
Just like Sparta in every war?
[/quote]

Sparta has certainly pulled their fair weight in war before, and I'd rank them higher than quite a few other of the large-sized alliances.

I get it, it's a common snipe to make but, like everyone else who attempts it, you're conveniently glossing over any examples that devalue it. (I will admit, however, that it certainly carried more weight when we were younger).

But the subject has been covered multiple times upon multiple times, so I hope you can understand why I'd rather not continue beating this dead horse.

Firstly, ankle biters implies that they aren't much effort. Secondly, since TOP has nothing else to do but focus it's wrath on Polar, IRON is free to focus all of it's resources on those that have declared in Polar's defense. I don't fault them for bringing in their allies, though—there is no kill quite as effective as overkill, especially when your trying to close down fronts—just stating that it's not exactly an uphill battle. :P
[/quote]

Enh. The plan really wasn't "Hey, let's all attack IRON!" I know why STA did it. We weren't ordered to or anything like that. We were simply hoping to draw out Valhalla. I'm in the backchannels and stuff and I've never seen EVERYONE ATTACK IRON.

Firstly, ankle biters implies that they aren't much effort. Secondly, since TOP has nothing else to do but focus it's wrath on Polar, IRON is free to focus all of it's resources on those that have declared in Polar's defense. I don't fault them for bringing in their allies, though—there is no kill quite as effective as overkill, especially when your trying to close down fronts—just stating that it's not exactly an uphill battle. :P
[/quote]
NO what ankle biters implies is that none of the allies brought in are game changers. No offense to STA on this but they will be doing little other than filling some slots. Those that have been brought in will do little to further Polars chances of winning or a the minimum do massive damage to IRON. Perhaps ankle biters is a bad analogy maybe more like mosquitos while they can be a pain little damage results from their bites. ( Im not trying to be insulting to the AAs that have responded for polar yall have my respect for HONORING your treaties.) To your second point IRON declared war on Polar they have an issue to settle and have the lower tier to keep polar engaged while TOP is a bit TOP heavy so to speak. But if I were IRON I would want to concentrate on those whom i declared war on and trust my allies to cover my flanks.