Citizens United

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1318637129' post='2825271']
[color="black"]
For someone who doesn't seem to think NSO is fighting against the odds you sure make a lot of noise about Legion's "top tier" and the inadequacies of those fighting with you to generate such a view.
[/color][/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Legion having a "top tier" and NSO having none is a fact. It cannot be denied. However it is possible to do disproportional damage by declaring multiple wars, coordination, and well-timed attacks. All of which NSO has been doing throughout this war.

As for inadequacies, I have only said that of BTA and IAA, and I only started a few hours ago after someone suggested that they were actually fighting instead of imploding. I despise lies, and will call them. The Truth matters to me.

Still, NSO does have a personality and a discipline that makes up more than adequately for the shortcomings of those alliances.[/color]

[quote]Yes, when statitics show you are talking nonsense it is the person posting the statistics who is at fault.

For the record, I don't place a great deal of faith in statistics but they are what they are and people trying to fiddle with them to make them seem something else is just nonsense.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yet the statistics, with IAA and BTA included (as neither has many nations at all fighting) are also just as misleading - it would imply that as much of the strength of the coalition is being utilized as Legion's. It does not matter how truthfully statistics are given, they will always be misleading.

Yes, including them does show a great deal of inadequacies on the part of the coalition fighting Legion. I'll not deny that. But I'll not point out that the inadequacies are not unequal. They are coming from just two alliances. That is all I ever said.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318637789' post='2825278']
[color="#0000FF"]Legion having a "top tier" and NSO having none is a fact. It cannot be denied. However it is possible to do disproportional damage by declaring multiple wars, coordination, and well-timed attacks. All of which NSO has been doing throughout this war.
[/quote]

[color=black]
I'm not denying that Legion's top tier is stronger than NSO's. My comments were on the statitics presented which paint the broad picture of the conflict and some people's determination to airbrush them to suit their cause. I also point out that going on about the top tier and the poor performance of IAA and BTA [i]is[/i] trying to paint NSO's situation as more dire than it is statistically. Something you claim to have no interest in doing.
[/color]

[quote]
As for inadequacies, I have only said that of BTA and IAA, and I only started a few hours ago after someone suggested that they were actually fighting instead of imploding. I despise lies, and will call them. The Truth matters to me.
[/quote]

[color=black]
I don't have an issue with you saying what you think. I do have an issue with people using those comments to airbrush statitics to make them more favourable to themselves.
[/color]

[/color][quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yet the statistics, with IAA and BTA included (as neither has many nations at all fighting) are also just as misleading. It does not matter how truthfully statistics are given, they will always be misleading.

Yes, including them does show a great deal of inadequacies on the part of the coalition fighting Legion. I'll not deny that. But I'll not point out that the inadequacies are not unequal. They are coming from just two alliances. That is all I ever said.[/color]
[/quote]

The full statitics are not misleading at all. They are the whole picture. It is when people start adjusting statistics to suit their argument that they become misleading and meaningless. For years Legion has been ridiculed as militarily useless, cowardly and a "paper tiger". It is amusing now to see people now claiming the same traits in their coalition partners are dragging them down in a war against the original paper tiger. Win, lose or draw, Legion have raised a middle finger to many through this war and it pleases me to see them do so. I don't have any specific love or hate for Legion but I do commend them on standing their ground this time and amuse myself in watching certain groups of heroes fall flat on their face.

I don't doubt that NSO will fight admirably regardless of the odds but in this war it is not just the NSO, it is a coalition of alliances fighting Legion and that is, statistically, what is going to be looked at whether you like it or not.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1318638542' post='2825284']
[color=black]
I'm not denying that Legion's top tier is stronger than NSO's. My comments were on the statitics presented which paint the broad picture of the conflict and some people's determination to airbrush them to suit their cause. I also point out that going on about the top tier and the poor performance of IAA and BTA [i]is[/i] trying to paint NSO's situation as more dire than it is statistically. Something you claim to have no interest in doing.

[color=black]
I don't have an issue with you saying what you think. I do have an issue with people using those comments to airbrush statitics to make them more favourable to themselves.
[/color]

[/color]

The full statitics are not misleading at all. They are the whole picture. It is when people start adjusting statistics to suit their argument that they become misleading and meaningless. For years Legion has been ridiculed as militarily useless, cowardly and a "paper tiger". It is amusing now to see people now claiming the same traits in their coalition partners are dragging them down in a war against the original paper tiger. Win, lose or draw, Legion have raised a middle finger to many through this war and it pleases me to see them do so. I don't have any specific love or hate for Legion but I do commend them on standing their ground this time and amuse myself in watching certain groups of heroes fall flat on their face.

I don't doubt that NSO will fight admirably regardless of the odds but in this war it is not just the NSO, it is a coalition of alliances fighting Legion and that is, statistically, what is going to be looked at whether you like it or not.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And you should know by now that I have no intention to airbrush statistics. I have always been dedicated to the truth and the truth is half of those alliances fighting against Legion have made a rather unimpressive showing. Like you I have no agenda. I do not need to "airbrush" statistics to back up what I am saying.

Perhaps the statistics may paint the full picture, but it does not tell the full story. Yes, the war is equal on paper, but.....bah. IAA and BTA are useless.

Anyway, I've enough of this. I too have commended Legion for standing their ground, and for walking into what might have well been a severe beat down just to stand up for themselves. They had no reason to believe that more alliances wouldn't have come in on them, but they went in anyway. It took balls, which I like, and I can respect that.

But bah. I never said the odds were against NSO. Quite frankly I still see this war as winnable. Legion has earned respect from me, but I do doubt their ability to outlast us.[/color]

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318626581' post='2825122']
There was no bluff involved. We meant everything we said in our post. So far we have lived up to it.

Also, The Big Bad has forgotten at who's side I learned to be an ass.

Another thing, I never threatened anyone. I just gave them some facts to consider before they acted on their threat.
[/quote]

Oh my friend I have not forgotten but, anyone who wants to come out and play big man on campus has to play with The Bad and you know I do not play nice. If it makes you feel any better I still like you even though I would enjoy burning GATO to the ground.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318638976' post='2825287']
[color="#0000FF"]And you should know by now that I have no intention to airbrush statistics. I have always been dedicated to the truth and the truth is half of those alliances fighting against Legion have made a rather unimpressive showing. Like you I have no agenda. I do not need to "airbrush" statistics to back up what I am saying.

Perhaps the statistics may paint the full picture, but it does not tell the full story. Yes, the war is equal on paper, but.....bah. [color="#FF0000"][b]IAA and BTA are useless.[/b][/color]

Anyway, I've enough of this. I too have commended Legion for standing their ground, and for walking into what might have well been a severe beat down just to stand up for themselves. They had no reason to believe that more alliances wouldn't have come in on them, but they went in anyway. It took balls, which I like, and I can respect that.

But bah. [color="#FF0000"][b]I never said the odds were against NSO[/b][/color]. Quite frankly I still see this war as winnable. Legion has earned respect from me, but I do doubt their ability to outlast us.[/color]
[/quote]

The simple fact is you picked a war that has proven to be more then you can handle and that's the simple truth, if you believe the sides are uneven or not does not matter you picked the fight.

Now before everyone get all E-Lawyer on me, from day one spying has always been an act of war, a valid CB, So tetris spying on Legion in a nutshell is Tetris attacking legion, Legion simply defended it self, and AS NSO has a MDP with Tetris, why are you even here getting a beaten ?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318638976' post='2825287']
[color="#0000FF"]
Quite frankly I still see this war as winnable. Legion has earned respect from me, but I do doubt their ability to outlast us.[/color]
[/quote]
If your war plan is to bore Legion to death then you might succeed. Pebbles can be broken down into smaller pebbles, but eventually those pebbles just get ground into dust.

Your coalition can refuse to end the war just to avoid a technical surrender, but at this point Legion has already won the war and they should simply let your coalition go.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1318640439' post='2825307']
The simple fact is you picked a war that has proven to be more then you can handle and that's the simple truth, if you believe the sides are uneven or not does not matter you picked the fight.

Now before everyone get all E-Lawyer on me, from day one spying has always been an act of war, a valid CB, So tetris spying on Legion in a nutshell is Tetris attacking legion, Legion simply defended it self, and AS NSO has a MDP with Tetris, why are you even here getting a beaten ?
[/quote]
Because we don't play the e-lawyer and never will. Our allies were attacked and we're defending them to the best of our ability. Tetris could have actually spied on Legion (they didn't) and for giggles sent aid to a rogue attacking them, and we still would've defended them when Legion declared. Unlike some alliances, we don't read "mutual defense" as "optional in the event you may lose".

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318640774' post='2825313']
Your coalition can refuse to end the war just to avoid a technical surrender, but at this point Legion has already won the war and they should simply let your coalition go.
[/quote]
Lolwut. Please go check the statistics before making stupid statements.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1318640791' post='2825314']
Lolwut. Please go check the statistics before making stupid statements.
[/quote]
Your alliance has 12 nations over 40k NS. Legion has no real options of where to attack. Your entire coalition is horrible.

I guess I can say good job beating 10k and under nations? Are you really proud of that?

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1318639518' post='2825295']
Can we roll Polar now please?.
[/quote]
You would think so but apparently that was like never totally anyone's intention seriously, honestly! What, why are you looking at us like that? But if anyone else does this then oh boy you'll be sorry!

:eyeroll:

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1318640010' post='2825304']
Oh my friend I have not forgotten but, anyone who wants to come out and play big man on campus has to play with The Bad and you know I do not play nice. If it makes you feel any better I still like you even though I would enjoy burning GATO to the ground.
[/quote]

Sure, you know how I roll so there shouldn't be any real surprise. i'm not a blowhard. I'll tell you like it is. It may come off as harsh but hell that's your problem.

You should just have TPF declare instead of talking so big TBB. I don't remember anyone saying TPF was allowed to speak since Karma. etc etc see I can do it too.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1318640791' post='2825314']
Because we don't play the e-lawyer and never will. Our allies were attacked and we're defending them to the best of our ability. Tetris could have actually spied on Legion (they didn't) and for giggles sent aid to a rogue attacking them, and we still would've defended them when Legion declared. Unlike some alliances, we don't read "mutual defense" as "optional in the event you may lose".
[/quote]

Ooooo but you do play E-lawyer when it fit your cause, your allies attacked someone and when it turned bad they called you in on a MDP (not sure how that works when they in fact attacked legion by spying) but ooo well your still getting a beaten so :), and yes you are very much like most alliances in this world, you thought you had the upper hand and that's the only reason you went to war, you underestimated Legion and you had hoped NpO would have attacked so you could call in forces waiting, the simple truth is if you had known those alliances in waiting was not coming in, you would have bottled it.

Also stop trying to put down legions allies, claiming your better than them for defending an ally that attacked someone, your rather a foolish alliance for defending an alliance that spies, also you wouldn't be so brave if Legion had the powers that be waiting to jump in, in fact you would have cancelled your treaty with Tetris to save your own skin.............

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1318643932' post='2825352']
Ooooo but you do play E-lawyer when it fit your cause, your allies attacked someone and when it turned bad they called you in on a MDP (not sure how that works when they in fact attacked legion by spying) but ooo well your still getting a beaten so :), and yes you are very much like most alliances in this world, you thought you had the upper hand and that's the only reason you went to war, you underestimated Legion and you had hoped NpO would have attacked so you could call in forces waiting, the simple truth is if you had known those alliances in waiting was not coming in, you would have bottled it.

Also stop trying to put down legions allies, claiming your better than them for defending an ally that attacked someone, your rather a foolish alliance for defending an alliance that spies, also you wouldn't be so brave if Legion had the powers that be waiting to jump in, in fact you would have cancelled your treaty with Tetris to save your own skin.............
[/quote]
I don't even know how to respond to someone who so blatantly ignores facts. NSO can be accused of a lot of things, but being worried about our pixels isn't one of them. You make yourself look silly claiming we're worried about our own skins.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1318643483' post='2825347']
So, if Tetris wants peace you're going to stay at war with Legion?
[/quote]
Eternal war is fun!

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1318644131' post='2825354']
I just wonder how IAA and BTA feels being part of a war where people on their own side call them useless...
[/quote]

I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. NSO is doing what's called 'positioning'. If this goes south like it looks like, they already have a ready-made excuse to dump all the blame on their allies. If by some miracle the 'Coalition' pulls a win, NSO is now prepositioned to grab [b]all[/b] the credit, just like a good Sith would.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1318644131' post='2825354']
I just wonder how IAA and BTA feels being part of a war where people on their own side call them useless...
[/quote]
Sometimes I wonder how it would feel, as an NpO member, to be part of a community where everyone thinks you're useless. Because it's probably just like that only to a lesser extent.

To anyone who has worked with GATO and IAA before, there is absolutely no surprise in the fact that GATO is aiding IAA. Just like those that know the friendship between Legion and Polar should not be surprised by our decision to stand ready as faithful allies to give in a matter that they feel is best needed to help. The friendship shared by IAA and GATO is arguably one of the strongest in the community today.

Legion has some very commited and devoted allies. (Of which I am proud to be a member of one of them)
Tetris and company have some very good and commited allies. (Even if a few are a tad to blood thirsty for my tastes)

I look forward to watching this war unfold and am awaiting the eventual victory of our allies at Legion.

Edited by Marelea

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1318644786' post='2825366']
Sometimes I wonder how it would feel, as an NpO member, to be part of a community where everyone thinks you're useless. Because it's probably just like that only to a lesser extent.
[/quote]

I wonder when you will learn what "everyone" means.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318644750' post='2825365']
I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. NSO is doing what's called 'positioning'. If this goes south like it looks like, they already have a ready-made excuse to dump all the blame on their allies. If by some miracle the 'Coalition' pulls a win, NSO is now prepositioned to grab [b]all[/b] the credit, just like a good Sith would.
[/quote]

Damn, and they would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky Legioners and your ally, [s]Scoo[/s] Polar!