A Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

[center][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/8x0she.jpg[/img][/center]

We may be old, but we're still hitting new heights. Our alliance has achieved some great stuff recently, including joining C&G, and we've got another good news announcement to bring to you now. We've hit 7 million NS! Deletions have tried as hard as possible to get in our way, but you can't keep an old hand at this kinda thing down. Our tech totals are also, to my knowledge, the best they've ever been.

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/aYWos.png[/img][/center]

With all of that said, someone should try to start a serious war or something soon, because I don't want to have to go and find myself announcing 8 million in a month or so. If that's the next announcement I get to make, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Laslo Kenez
Minister of Foreign Affairs

p.s. [b]We're going to be starting our [b]annual GATOween[/b] contests and events from Monday til the end of the month for anyone who is interested, over at [url=http://www.gatoforums.net]our place[/url]. I believe we'll be throwing some in-game prizes into the mix.[/b]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1318386886' post='2823199']
You have an OA treaty, and an ongoing war. Use it. We wouldn't want you to hit 8mil NS, that would just be disappointing.
[/quote]
This.

Congrats on the growth, but you could've joined this war the minute it started.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318388972' post='2823227']
As others have pointed out. If you want a war so bad, use your oA. Your allies are kinda struggling with [i]Legion[/i] afterall
[/quote]

I actually encourage it because I'd like to see this war expand, and GATO entering on an OA clause is just the sort of thing that might tip the balance in favor of some of Legion's allies jumping in. Right now Legion will put up a fight but lose as more of their nations are bill locked (last I heard quite a few were already), but aren't in a desperate enough position for any of their allies to actually risk jumping in. If Legion were losing in a more clear manner, some of the allies might actually decide to jump and we could get this started.

Congrats guys

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318388972' post='2823227']
As others have pointed out. If you want a war so bad, use your oA. Your allies are kinda struggling with [i]Legion[/i] afterall
[/quote]

Top 7 Day Smallest Alliance Gains

1) -1,041,076 Strength Change - The Legion

Hurry GATO! If Legion keeps losing strength like that your allies will be smushed!

Seerow even if we did their allies would still sit on the sidelines yelling that they needed us to be able to win or something like that while still allowing Legion to be a martyr for whatever cause. I think staying out causes a lot more damage to Legion and the little sphere Polar still has left.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318390577' post='2823252']
Seerow even if we did their allies would still sit on the sidelines yelling that they needed us to be able to win or something like that while still allowing Legion to be a martyr for whatever cause. I think staying out causes a lot more damage to Legion and the little sphere Polar still has left.
[/quote]

If they did, at least Legion would drop the "We're really winning!" routine that last I checked they're still holding on to. They'll probably realize it's wrong in a week or two, but if you can speed that process up....

Besides, it's not like GATO members couldn't use the war experience.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318394821' post='2823282']
I wanted to be amiable and congratulatory, but the 10-day Wonder won't stop its laughable bellicose bullcrap. Put your hopes elsewhere, Seerow, GATO is [i]thanking Admin[/i] that they don't have to spend 10 days at war again so soon.
[/quote]

Something about a broken record etc. etc.

*yawn

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318395204' post='2823285']
Oh, did recorded history get in the way of your chest-thumping [i]again[/i]?
[/quote]

Yes, I hate you now.

I just want to know when we got important enough for you to even care about anything in our record much less spout it off every chance you got. It also makes me sad that this is the best you can do these days. Just because I am really bored I'll give you the short version one more time. We didn't like fighting for Polar's sake against people who had been pals up to that point. If it wasn't IAA we would never have been there to begin with. I don't expect the facts to stop you so carry on.