A Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318395719' post='2823288']
I just want to know when we got important enough for you to even care about anything in our record much less spout it off every chance you got. [/quote]
"Every chance I get" is only any time GATO acts like some military prodigy, cut it out and I won't have to keep correcting you.

GATO has of course always been important; you're the oldest alliance on the planet, you've been sanctioned most of the time. There was a long time when GATO was important enough to be kept down by the homogenized hegemony. GATO's unique history, unique ideals, commitment to making democracy work, and sense of identity, and pride in its uniqueness made it stand out in a world populated by cookie-cutter alliances. GATO spent years wanting to be an integrated part of the world stage, but never compromised to get there.
Now what? GATO's joined the big boys and in the space of two weeks you're sending money to the detriment of an alliance fighting to defend itself and its honor. You've got a shiny new set of bloc sigs and you've taken to the "bring it :smug: " rhetoric. What have you gained in consideration of what you've lost? Where's the "honor in justice"--it's just a tagline like your new allies' all have their own, but you're pasteurized and homogenized, now, ready for mass consumption with new market appeal. But there are some of us who will always remember why GATO used to matter whether it was winning or not.

Edited by Schattenmann

Pretty sure if we were evil or cared about what anyone thought we'd already be in this fight instead of having to deal with listening to you Schatt. Also, sure we haven't compromised ourselves one bit. had we piled on for the sake of piling on and stirring up a bunch of !@#$ then you could file a complaint. While we may have a member here and there who is a little more bloodthirsty than some (Which alliance doesn't?) we will always carefully consider each motivation for any kind of action.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318396857' post='2823298']
"Every chance I get" is only any time GATO acts like some military prodigy, cut it out and I won't have to keep correcting you.

GATO has of course always been important; you're the oldest alliance on the planet, you've been sanctioned most of the time. There was a long time when GATO was important enough to be kept down by the homogenized hegemony. GATO's unique history, unique ideals, commitment to making democracy work, and sense of identity, and pride in its uniqueness made it stand out in a world populated by cookie-cutter alliances. GATO spent years wanting to be an integrated part of the world stage, but never compromised to get there.
Now what? GATO's joined the big boys and in the space of two weeks you're sending money to the detriment of an alliance fighting to defend itself and its honor. You've got a shiny new set of bloc sigs and you've taken to the "bring it :smug: " rhetoric. What have you gained in consideration of what you've lost? Where's the "honor in justice"--it's just a tagline like your new allies' all have their own, but you're pasteurized and homogenized, now, ready for mass consumption with new market appeal. But there are some of us who will always remember why GATO used to matter whether it was winning or not.
[/quote]

First of all, Magic is a military prodigy.

Secondly, GATO hasn't changed. Its strange that you think we've "popped our collar" because we are aiding IAA. Did you think we bro'd out when we joined Synergy? We're we showing out for the white man when we joined the League?

Youre superimposing some sort of image on us thats quite honestly ridiculous. Unless youre basing it off Magic, who as far as I can remember has been a "I'll say what think" kinda guy. (like you perhaps?)

GATO is not pasteurized, homogenized, sedated, or incapable. Spare us the drama. We're the best alliance in CN, and we've got the :smug: emoticons to prove it. :D

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1318397375' post='2823301']
wow i got my hopes up for this, no DoW. I should have known better i guess
[/quote]

is this the second time youve said this?

how about there is more to this game than war.

[quote name='Dre4mwe4ver' timestamp='1318398412' post='2823320']
Woah, this is us? Impossible! And GATOWEENNNNNNN!!!
[/quote]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/geneclar/gato-halloween2.png[/img]

GATOWEEENENNNNNNN!!!! lets start it RIGHT NOW

Edited by Manis B

I hate GATOween. I always lose at everything. I think it's rigged.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1318397547' post='2823306']
ITT: People not taking a joke very well. Not very well at all.

Congrats GATO, I remember when 6mil seemed exciting.

o/
[/quote]

Yea! back in the days when Legion merged with some other bad alliance to steal our sanction. Who's sanctioned now, !@#$%*es. :smug:

Miss those days. :P

First, Gatoween is pretty cool.

Second:
[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1318397375' post='2823301']
wow i got my hopes up for this, no DoW. I should have known better i guess
[/quote]

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1318398131' post='2823317']
is this the second time youve said this?
[/quote]

Yes, that's the second time I've spotted that, too.

Dude, join NSO or the Legion, or those ankle-biters, or get your funny a-thing alliance to declare. Don't just stand on the side-lines hoping someone else will do your bidding. Make it happen yourself.

GATO, I'm not going to wish you a congrats or happy anything because

[img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/Om0GwYrt5nx2ydapPLau3KMQo1_400.jpg[/img]
Also, lol.

More seriously, GATO, I'm not going to go as far as Schatt but I will say that you should listen to him, at least as warning for what might happen.

As far as IAA, well, I'm not happy about someone aiding my enemy and would prefer to see that not happen, but I can't really hold someone so far removed by treaty chain at fault for helping their long term ally, despite the fact our cause is more just than many I've seen in a while.

Imo, you could best assist your ally by getting them out of this cluster-$%&@ they stumbled themselves into and doing your best to rehabilitating them back towards prosperity. I like IAA and you guys, too.

That said, listen to Schatt, at least as a warning, to leverage your influence in CnG to being a bloc that tries to hold aloft the glimmering torch of justice. It doesn't require martyrdom or preaching. Only speaking and acting when required. In this increasingly cynical world it's easy to forget that the social contract of alliance relations is built upon the golden rule, but to let that lesson be lost from common knowledge ensures that survival of the fittest mentality becomes the predominate m.o., and that is an unwanted and ruthless mistress, indeed.

You are a long established and respected institution, I hope you use that to ensure fairness and compassion as far as your reach allows.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote]It doesn't require martyrdom or preaching. Only speaking and acting when required. In this increasingly cynical world it's easy to forget that the social contract of alliance relations is built upon the golden rule, but to let that lesson be lost from common knowledge ensures that survival of the fittest mentality becomes the predominate m.o., and that is an unwanted and ruthless mistress, indeed.[/quote]

Good post. If these same ideals are guiding Legion, then I think you have a bright future ahead of you.

Edit: I realized you could think that was sarcasm. Completely serious post.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318396857' post='2823298']
What have you gained in consideration of what you've lost? Where's the "honor in justice"--it's just a tagline like your new allies' all have their own, but you're pasteurized and homogenized, now, ready for mass consumption with new market appeal. But there are some of us who will always remember why GATO used to matter whether it was winning or not.
[/quote]

What's important to me is making sure our membership feel content I am upholding our values and representing our community well. I won't accept lectures from anyone but them about our attitudes and tact, because ultimately they're who I am here for. By and large, I think they're also going to judge that by our [b]actions[/b] above our words (you are free to maintain they're hubris I suppose), and I think we're fulfilling them nicely by being there for IAA.

Edited by Laslo Kenez