A Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318399224' post='2823329']
No I mean the new one.
[/quote]

What new one? I was unaware of our alliance signing secret treaties not made public to us.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1318399659' post='2823331']
I hate GATOween. I always lose at everything. I think it's rigged.

Yea! back in the days when Legion merged with some other bad alliance to steal our sanction. Who's sanctioned now, !@#$%*es. :smug:

Miss those days. :P
[/quote]

I remember that, those purple !@#$%^&*! We almost had the sanction too. Good times

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318466950' post='2823733']
[color="#0000FF"]Perhaps, but you do realize that he is completely right in what he's saying, don't you?[/color]
[/quote]

That since we didn't like the circumstances under which we went to war last time....we should never want to war again?

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1318386886' post='2823199']
You have an OA treaty, and an ongoing war. Use it. We wouldn't want you to hit 8mil NS, that would just be disappointing.
[/quote]

Then they wouldn't be able to act so tough. I like the rest of CnG, but this new attitude by GATO after joining CnG is laughable.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1318511798' post='2824066']
Then they wouldn't be able to act so tough. I like the rest of CnG, but this new attitude by GATO after joining CnG is laughable.
[/quote]

We're not acting tough, we're:

a) as bored as everyone else
b) a bit more confident because things are a lot easier for us currently
c) enjoying something different for us culturally in the CnG ethos
d) feeling like "the next line of defence" for a close friend who we believe we could perform well for

This isn't some excercise in being e-hard. It's a shame this war is in all honesty pretty rubbish and not really in-line with our own ideals, because perhaps then we would jump in. Until then, we're just doing what I hope everyone else would do, and sending some help the way of our allies because we have the will and the means to see it through.

I think a lot of the complaining that Schattenman is doing comes from underhanded insults on the basis that we've chosen a group to stick with whom he has a problem, whereas previously we've been in an indecisive positions and therefore more open manipulation of our attitudes by the likes of himself and Polar. Meanwhile, we've not had a chance to really get on with outright assisting our CnG colleagues in public, because with IAA being ours and TLRs attitudes it's only right we should take the lead in giving them a hand. Because of that we're getting accused of pretending to be tough or super-warriors or something, whereas nobody has made allegations of the sort. People have simply hoped things would get cracking, particularly against people such as Polar who have rarely been respectful of us in the past. Doubtless, calculations have been made about our ability to win there, but that alone doesn't breed this kind of attitude, it really does require utter tedium to do so.

So basically, piss off.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

Clueless people overcompensate for their lack of understanding by choosing to instigate instead. Shattenman doesn't know a thing about GATO until he joins it. Some people on here are going to be openly critical about things they have no idea about, fact is it's just better to ignore them.

GATO is GATO, there hasn't been some big attitude change. We're confident in our place, we're happy and we have a very competent Government.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1318515122' post='2824081']
Clueless people overcompensate for their lack of understanding by choosing to instigate instead. Shattenman doesn't know a thing about GATO until he joins it. Some people on here are going to be openly critical about things they have no idea about, fact is it's just better to ignore them.

GATO is GATO, there hasn't been some big attitude change. We're confident in our place, we're happy and we have a very competent Government.
[/quote]
So all my opinions are valid right?

<3 congrats on the 7mil

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1318513541' post='2824070']
We're not acting tough, we're:

a) as bored as everyone else
b) a bit more confident because things are a lot easier for us currently
c) enjoying something different for us culturally in the CnG ethos
d) feeling like "the next line of defence" for a close friend who we believe we could perform well for

This isn't some excercise in being e-hard. It's a shame this war is in all honesty pretty rubbish and not really in-line with our own ideals, because perhaps then we would jump in. Until then, we're just doing what I hope everyone else would do, and sending some help the way of our allies because we have the will and the means to see it through.

I think a lot of the complaining that Schattenman is doing comes from underhanded insults on the basis that we've chosen a group to stick with whom he has a problem, whereas previously we've been in an indecisive positions and therefore more open manipulation of our attitudes by the likes of himself and Polar. Meanwhile, we've not had a chance to really get on with outright assisting our CnG colleagues in public, because with IAA being ours and TLRs attitudes it's only right we should take the lead in giving them a hand. Because of that we're getting accused of pretending to be tough or super-warriors or something, whereas nobody has made allegations of the sort. People have simply hoped things would get cracking, particularly against people such as Polar who have rarely been respectful of us in the past. Doubtless, calculations have been made about our ability to win there, but that alone doesn't breed this kind of attitude, it really does require utter tedium to do so.

So basically, piss off.
[/quote]

If you really think that's why Schattenmananana is mocking you, you really need some more comprehension skills. You are the ones mocking the other side and goading them just because you know you finally have decent fighters on your side and it's pitiful.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1318554483' post='2824340']
If you really think that's why Schattenmananana is mocking you, you really need some more comprehension skills. You are the ones mocking the other side and goading them just because you know you finally have decent fighters on your side and it's pitiful.
[/quote]

How dare you call us competent fighters :unsure:

Huzah for GATO o/

Oh sweet there will be a GATOWEEN this year! I can't wait, never have been to a GATOWEEN as an outsider ;).

Just don't lose your bearing of true self when getting to where you want to be, otherwise congratulations GATO! Watch out though, there is a nasty tendency for you to go and quickly slip under these milestones when getting caught up in various events on Planet Bob and taking years to recover, so you better keep it up!

o/ GATO

Edited by BarbulaM1

[quote name='BarbulaM1' timestamp='1318561274' post='2824499']
Oh sweet there will be a GATOWEEN this year! I can't wait, never have been to a GATOWEEN as an outsider ;).

Just don't lose your bearing of true self when getting to where you want to be, otherwise congratulations GATO! Watch out though, there is a nasty tendency for you to go and quickly slip under these milestones when getting caught up in various events on Planet Bob and taking years to recover, so you better keep it up!

o/ GATO
[/quote]

I don't remember it ever taking GATO [i]years[/i] to recover..........GATO has always bounced back fairly quickly as I recall...and always stronger than what we were previously. You're weird.

Everyone is saying that we changed our attitude because we have "new friends".....you do realize we've been tied into CnG quite heavily for years now right?

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318564079' post='2824560']
I don't remember it ever taking GATO [i]years[/i] to recover..........GATO has always bounced back fairly quickly as I recall...and always stronger than what we were previously. You're weird.

Everyone is saying that we changed our attitude because we have "new friends".....you do realize we've been tied into CnG quite heavily for years now right?
[/quote]

Years to recover in relation to other alliances in the game, 7 million now is significantly different than the 7 million awhile back, though certainly not discounting the achievement I am truly happy you got there so don't attempt to skew this as "ZOMG I HATE GATO" because I most certainly do not and I wish the best to GATO. If GATO were stronger after every recovery, they'd be far on top of the world of CN, so be a bit mindful of history. Granted I also applaud the external stability. Also I made no mention of new friends, I am very much tied to CnG (obviously) and don't believe it had an effect on the integrity or culture of GATO. I am also quite aware of the politics concerning GATO/CnG et. al... I was rather referring to internal tendencies of late, not so much foreign affairs.

In all the time I've been around GATO has bounced back stronger than before a war going back toUJP. GW era was probably a bit different.I'm not counting that really. Actually it's quite the same around here as it's been since I came back. This is just people talking about things they don't understand.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1318554483' post='2824340']
If you really think that's why Schattenmananana is mocking you, you really need some more comprehension skills.
[/quote]

I was unaware I had to accept people's subjective and biased opinions at face value now, sorry.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318564079' post='2824560']
I don't remember it ever taking GATO [i]years[/i] to recover..........GATO has always bounced back fairly quickly as I recall...and always stronger than what we were previously.
[/quote]
I think one exception to that would the aftermath of the GATO-1V War, albeit the enforced isolation and strict terms of surrender imposed by Pacifica played a role in that.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1318583145' post='2824749']
I think one exception to that would the aftermath of the GATO-1V War, albeit the enforced isolation and strict terms of surrender imposed by Pacifica played a role in that.
[/quote]

Indeed but after being released from those terms GATO was up and about fairly quick.