Guess the changes

Cerridwyn

The great Admin stated today in the game log:

9-8-2011
If you haven't joined Cyber Nations Tournament Edition already, it's not too late to get started. We're only 4 days into the current tournament round and this time the round is 90 days long rather than the usual 60 days, so you have plenty of time to catch up. I've been using Cyber Nations Tournament Edition as a testing ground for new updates for quite a while now, and with the recent addition of in-game alliances we need as many players as we can get to test everything out. I'm getting ready to roll out some of the TE updates to SE and I've got a lot more new stuff planned for TE coming soon. Head on over to TE and share your thoughts and toss around a few nukes while you're at it.

[hr]

So what changes from TE do you predict are going into SE?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315550669' post='2797293']
I don't think we've thought that through.

IE: Self-sustaining nuke rogues would cripple the value of sanctions.
[/quote]

Unless sanctions did more than just trip up a nation's trading. :P

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

Then you'd have to allow for more sanctions.

Essentially bandaging and bandaging until there's nothing left to put a band-aid on.

Call it what it is. Some resources are OP.

[quote name='Eumirbago' timestamp='1315541501' post='2797238']
Approving and banning people from joining your alliance would be nice. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about ghosts.
[/quote]
Horrible feature. The simpler the game becomes, the more dead the game becomes. As long as you continuously need ghostbusters, you keep alliance lowbies in work and make sure that your alliance needs relationships to obtain ghost-busting.

In any case, I get the feeling it will go in. Admin put in so much effort towards this feature (2 weeks equivalent), so it's almost definitely going to make it in.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1315553481' post='2797308']
Horrible feature. The simpler the game becomes, the more dead the game becomes. As long as you continuously need ghostbusters, you keep alliance lowbies in work and make sure that your alliance needs relationships to obtain ghost-busting.

In any case, I get the feeling it will go in. Admin put in so much effort towards this feature (2 weeks equivalent), so it's almost definitely going to make it in.
[/quote]
That feature is available in basically every single other nation sim game I've played. It hasn't affected those games in the slightest (they've been flourishing for years), and I doubt it'll affect CN.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1315557956' post='2797319']
Suddenly MHA shrinks with 50%. :v:
[/quote]

and then those nations disappear completely. A good start, for sure.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315550669' post='2797293']
I don't think we've thought that through.

IE: Self-sustaining nuke rogues would cripple the value of sanctions.
[/quote]
Could make it so sanctions prevent changing trades while on those colors. Sure you can move to grey, but people have been doing that to find trades forever and it works pretty well, so it wouldn't change much.

I'm just happy I rerolled my 180 day nation way back when to get native, it was worth it.

I don't really want to see the alliance management here because I think that approving and denying people from an alliance AA may be a bit too much power. If it ever got into the wrong hands during a coup, it could case serious issues.

I'd love to see the trades thing come to SE. I think that it should cost a certain percentage of income to get it to change but that it would only bring good things to Standard as better trades help everyone.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1315582267' post='2797409']
I don't really want to see the alliance management here because I think that approving and denying people from an alliance AA may be a bit too much power. If it ever got into the wrong hands during a coup, it could case serious issues.

I'd love to see the trades thing come to SE. I think that it should cost a certain percentage of income to get it to change but that it would only bring good things to Standard as better trades help everyone.
[/quote]

True true, and for trades, I think there was a really good suggestion before where there should be a wonder that will enable you to change your resources randomly or be able to change one of them.

[quote name='Eumirbago' timestamp='1315583747' post='2797422']
True true, and for trades, I think there was a really good suggestion before where there should be a wonder that will enable you to change your resources randomly or be able to change one of them.
[/quote]
I don't think it should be a wonder because wonders are already prohibitively expensive to newer nations. All making this a wonder would do is create one more perk for the top 10%. Making it an even percentage of income would make it available to everyone.

One way to hinder rogues, or an opponent in war is to create a new spy op to randomly change resources. In order to change back you would have to collect. I would like to see the infra rebuilding reduction move over to SE. faster rebuilding would mean less time between wars.

Edited by gambona

[quote name='gambona' timestamp='1315593503' post='2797475']
One way to hinder rogues, or an opponent in war is to create a new spy op to randomly change resources. In order to change back you would have to collect. I would like to see the infra rebuilding reduction move over to SE. faster rebuilding would mean less time between wars.
[/quote]

That would be a ridiculously strong Spy Op. Wouldn't want it, personally.

[quote name='gambona' timestamp='1315593503' post='2797475']
[/quote]

Dear gods, the collateral damage of this spy op would be awful.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1315562612' post='2797339']
Screw all of that, I want my cheaper infra rebuilding.
[/quote]
Hell yes. This would make it far easier to rebuild for a war, which might cause alliances to take more risks. We'd probably have to make another change to help out new nations as well, since this would make it even harder to get into the elite. How about some starting aid that's somewhat relevant? Cheaper infra for newer nations could also work.