• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1315820274' post='2799188']
Compelling argument.
[/quote]

At least it's honest.

Certainly moreso than anything I've seen for it other than being something that in the grand scheme of things is probably 2000 or so down the list of possible improvements to the game and is not really fixing anything but merely a small feature the game has done quite well without in its entirety.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1315794656' post='2799013']
I don't know who this 'kingzog' fellow is, but he seems quite bright. Handsome, too.
[/quote]

Ah, the walrus fetish. Certainly one of the more odd perversions we've come across.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1315812071' post='2799172']
Maybe you should bump the suggestion in the suggestion box related to this. It would be incredibly easy to implement and save lots of time for re-buyers after big wars.
[/quote]
There is already a suggestion for that? Doesn't surprise me. Is there a rule against bumping in the Suggestion Box too?

I'd like to see the purchase 100 infra at a time thing make it into SE too. That one makes much more sense in SE than TE; there's never a reason to actually purchase 4000 infra in a day in TE. Peak infra would do well in SE too, but maybe make it 3-10% bonus to rebuilding instead of 50%. In SE, you actually want the wars to deal long term damage, while in TE, the more wars the better.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1315553481' post='2797308']
Horrible feature. The simpler the game becomes, the more dead the game becomes. As long as you continuously need ghostbusters, you keep alliance lowbies in work and make sure that your alliance needs relationships to obtain ghost-busting.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what ghostbusting brings to the game. Ghostbusting is the worst, least rewarding job to have in CN. It's caused from a flaw in the alliance system. It stunts a ghostbuster's growth for as long as there are ghosts... I can't see how it's rewarding to stay months in the 100 NS range when all your friends of the same nation age are now at 4k infra. It punishes loyalty.

Lowbies will always have work. About 80% of rogues are down at the 1k infra level. And they are still tech sellers, which is one of the most prized roles in CN as there are too many tech buyers.

I see a problem in IA getting downsized. Not sure how other alliances do it without web tools, but there's a lot of boring pointless work in IA trying to track ghosts, just because of this little flaw in alliance management. Unlike ghostbusting, IA holds a rather large part of alliance politics in many alliances as it allows unskilled, but hardworking people to climb up the political ladder. But IA still covers other things, so that's not a problem.

Ghosts themselves bring much more to the game than ghostbusting, though more so with TE than SE.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1316176577' post='2801514']
/me braces himself

I have a feeling the 'changing resources every 30 days' thing is going to cause some headaches.
[/quote]

Why's that?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316194144' post='2801626']
Just a reminder that the fee for a broken trade circle with MK is 15 million and 250 tech.
[/quote]
Interesting... what are the other details surrounding MK trade circles? Is there a "2-week notice" so to speak if one wanted to leave a trade circle?
I'll leave my out a detailed personal opinion on this "fee" but suffice to say I find it utterly hillarious.

[quote name='Krispy' timestamp='1316208896' post='2801766']
Interesting... what are the other details surrounding MK trade circles? Is there a "2-week notice" so to speak if one wanted to leave a trade circle?
I'll leave my out a detailed personal opinion on this "fee" but suffice to say I find it utterly hillarious.
[/quote]

It was a joke based on an event that happened a year or two ago... long story short someone was paid to join a circle, person left the circle and joined an alliance, there was a miscommunication in how much the person was paid to join the circle, the alliance the person joined wound up paying MK 15mil and 250 tech for the whole fiasco.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1316212837' post='2801804']
There is no communication error this time. As our Minister for Trades, please listen to Potato.
[/quote]

[b]Welp[/b]

Guess that answers that question. The real question is do they still owe us the money if we break the circle :P

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316194144' post='2801626']Just a reminder that the fee for a broken trade circle with MK is 15 million and 250 tech.[/quote]
The sad part is that, with the dwindling of players and the increased difficulty in finding good trades, people will continue to be practically obligated to consider trading with MK nations. You're [i]almost as bad as GOONS[/i].

[spoiler][img]http://www.fruitchat.co.uk/files/virus_irony_416.jpg[/img][/spoiler]