FOK/Fark Announcement

CheeKy

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1312861908' post='2775489']
Oh, it's already been looked into. I'm just impressed. It's pretty audacious to replicate an exchange from a private embassy on the OWF.
[/quote]
More like bodacious.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1312862244' post='2775493']
Sounds like either FOK has a leak or one of your diplomats to FOK is a hole in your bucket.
[/quote]
FOK has a lot of active and globally-minded members; some of the best Vox stuff came from FOK. It was through a member vote that FOK left Continuum. Governments can decide on the course they want to take, but at the end of the day they have to sell it to their members or risk lots of dissent.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1312860178' post='2775460']
Curious. Those are my exact words from the FOK forums.
[/quote]
FOK's forums are not famous for being leak-proof.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1312867347' post='2775593']
Let's have a candid discussion on the OWF, this can't possibly go wrong.
[/quote]
I support this suggestion :awesome:

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1312895957' post='2775784']
You mean conversations here aren't typically candid?!
[/quote]
We need more posters like you.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1312905864' post='2775897']
Yeah, I'm literally terrified.
[/quote]

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1312907396' post='2775917']
i'm terrified if Umbrella is terrified.

and i think i know terror when i see it.
[/quote]
All hail Fearhouse.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1312905864' post='2775897']
Yeah, I'm literally terrified.
[/quote]

If Ardus said that, I am.

Especially considering two of Umbrella's allies are members of XX.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1312820148' post='2774915']
Not every cancellation is devious.

Good luck FOK
[/quote]
It is if you know the history of these two alliances. If my memory isnt too shoddy i believe FOK was one of few who treatied Fark post-Holy War

Ah well Fark isnt the same as in years past and FOK is DEFINITLY not the same group as in years past

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1312867094' post='2775585']
It's literally what I said as a small part of a rather lengthy post.
[/quote]

Obviously a coincidence.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1312912794' post='2775972']

[/quote]

I know it's pretty scary that people are actively trying to tear apart allies, because MK considers them threats. It's classic divide and conquer Pacifican style.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1312921077' post='2776091']
Oh. Now I get Omni's joke.
[/quote]

Yea....I'm glad someone in the know finally picked it up.

Couple of questions for FOK:

1. Was the cancellation of this treaty done by vote of the general membership?

2. Was the decision to cancel the treaty made before or after Ardus made it known he'd like XX "reduced"?

3. If after, how long after?

4. Was the FOK general membership notified of Ardus' intentions towards XX before the decision to drop the treaty was made?

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1312925449' post='2776126']
That's one hell of a coincidence if you ask me.
[/quote]

It's not like people already didn't know MK would be tellign their lapdogs to isolate SF. So it's nothing special. I'm sure GOONS will cower, obey MK, and drop CSN in the next few hours. Then Ardus will keep working on VE [b](for personal reasons that should be apparent[/b]).

Apparently, Impero is the only PB leader with balls anyway. Good luck VE, maybe you can put your own little VEto on the SF hit and not let MK ruin your bloc.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1312926076' post='2776131']
Couple of questions for FOK:

1. Was the cancellation of this treaty done by vote of the general membership?

2. Was the decision to cancel the treaty made before or after Ardus made it known he'd like XX "reduced"?

3. If after, how long after?

4. Was the FOK general membership notified of Ardus' intentions towards XX before the decision to drop the treaty was made?
[/quote]
First off, I'd like to state that this thread is not a QnA;

As for your questions.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. None of your business
4. Yes.

o/~

It's an understandable move. Not everyone can stand strong in a world consumed by vendettas and panic without bending or breaking under the pressure of it all.

Congrats, Fark.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1312912794' post='2775972']

[/quote]
We're obviously plotting something against them.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

A clear choice of sides considering everyone seems to be fairly sure that SF is going to be one of the sides in the next major action.

Edit: At the risk of agreeing with Alterego, while I'm not sure Fark should have immediately jumped to rolling tanks over the NG incident and Ardus's comments are certainly not a CB, they [i]really[/i] need to marshal a credible power sphere and stop themselves from being gradually isolated. If they let themselves get manoeuvred into an isolated political position and permit the war to be fought on their enemies' terms, they will be utterly crushed.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1312928253' post='2776160']
It's not like people already didn't know MK would be tellign their lapdogs to isolate SF. So it's nothing special. I'm sure GOONS will cower, obey MK, and drop CSN in the next few hours. Then Ardus will keep working on VE [b](for personal reasons that should be apparent[/b]).

Apparently, Impero is the only PB leader with balls anyway. Good luck VE, maybe you can put your own little VEto on the SF hit and not let MK ruin your bloc.
[/quote]
Youre funny. Lapdogs? People still have lapdogs?

If GOONS decides to drop a useless (in my opinion) treaty that conflicts with their other treaties, id say thats being smart, not the work of the almighty Mushroom Kingdom that apparently rules CN.

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1312930954' post='2776189']
Youre funny. Lapdogs? People still have lapdogs?

If GOONS decides to drop a useless (in my opinion) treaty that conflicts with their other treaties, id say thats being smart, not the work of the almighty Mushroom Kingdom that apparently rules CN.
[/quote]

MK wants to be against SF next war. MK's allies drop all ties to that side. Those two things are a more interesting coincidence than me and Ardus accidently saying the same thing.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1312928763' post='2776168']
and Ardus's comments are certainly not a CB
[/quote]

They're not? Since when? Have you looked in any other threads lately? The chief CB being manufactured against Xiphosis is "meddling in the affairs of other alliances".

[quote]they [i]really[/i] need to marshal a credible power sphere and stop themselves from being gradually isolated. If they let themselves get maneuvered into an isolated political position and permit the war to be fought on their enemies' terms, they will be utterly crushed.[/quote]

They are not really schemers. They tend to form defense pacts with their friends and then take the wars that come to them.* People would be pretty foolish to let MK isolate XX politically; particularly alliances that were involved in Karma. Talk about not learning a lesson from history. Makes this treaty-drop all the more surprising. I remember when it was signed; the general feeling within FARK was "Wow, we really found an alliance that's just like us."

[size="1"]*With one exception[/size]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1312931685' post='2776194']
MK wants to be against SF next war. MK's allies drop all ties to that side. Those two things are a more interesting coincidence than me and Ardus accidently saying the same thing.
[/quote]
you cant be that thick. MK and their allies have the same mindset or they wouldnt be allies. Why is it so hard to believe that an ally of MK would break a tie to a bloc that neither one of them want to defend (if GOONS does in fact drop the treaty)?

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1312928763' post='2776168']
A clear choice of sides considering everyone seems to be fairly sure that SF is going to be one of the sides in the next major action.

Edit: At the risk of agreeing with Alterego, while I'm not sure Fark should have immediately jumped to rolling tanks over the NG incident and Ardus's comments are certainly not a CB, they [i]really[/i] need to marshal a credible power sphere and stop themselves from being gradually isolated. If they let themselves get manoeuvred into an isolated political position and permit the war to be fought on their enemies' terms, they will be utterly crushed.
[/quote]

I disagree that Ardus' comments aren't a valid CB. Someone is working with your MD partner to get them to drop treaties so they can more easily roll you and weaken your bloc? That's a great reason to go to war. Far better than most things that cause war here.

Especially given the context of the situation and the way the wolves have been circling XX members lately.

I strongly agree that they need to get their act together quickly, they should have already went to war over the NG thing. The alliances gunning for them and SF aren't going to be talked out of it like Fark was once they get them isolated.

This honestly reminds of NPO leading up to Karma. We in TPF were certain that was coming as much as 5 months before it happened when we were told to start preparing to be on the losing side of a long war. NPO didn't want to believe it and allowed themselves to be isolated. 2.5 years later they've never recovered. Fark/XX should learn from that.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1312934104' post='2776220']
I disagree that Ardus' comments aren't a valid CB. Someone is working with your MD partner to get them to drop treaties so they can more easily roll you and weaken your bloc? That's a great reason to go to war. Far better than most things that cause war here.

Especially given the context of the situation and the way the wolves have been circling XX members lately.

I strongly agree that they need to get their act together quickly, they should have already went to war over the NG thing. The alliances gunning for them and SF aren't going to be talked out of it like Fark was once they get them isolated.

This honestly reminds of NPO leading up to Karma. We in TPF were certain that was coming as much as 5 months before it happened when we were told to start preparing to be on the losing side of a long war. NPO didn't want to believe it and allowed themselves to be isolated. 2.5 years later they've never recovered. Fark/XX should learn from that.
[/quote]I hope they take your advice