Just an itsy bitsy question

Sin

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311566017' post='2763142']
Thank you Valhalla for defining what you did to Kingdom of Sin.

Don't all of you out there in TV Land just love it how raiders talk big !@#$ up front, but [b]the minute[/b] their unwarranted aggression comes home to roost they start defining themselves and their alliance-mates as "defenseless" and "victims" and "just minding their own business." It's a laugh riot.
[/quote]
He had nukes, he can defend himself, and he has been given options out several times. Our lower tier doesn't have mps/wrcs/sdis and they were never sent peace. You do the math.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you care so much for your nation and its trades, you ought not have gone back for more. The alliance you picked to re-entangle with, time and again, is one of the worst alliance to do this with. You wont be able to win there with force of arms or will alone. Advise you to sit down with them, and sort this out with a view of bringing an end to it. Keep trying to win inches and they will defeat you miles.

Dark Templar people have offered to help you out if you are amenable to the provisos, take them up on it.

Oh hai! I know you! :awesome:

Makes me a sad panda that you didn't accept my post-raid peace offers and decided to go nuke rogue instead -_-
Oh well, thanks for the casualties and bon voyage! ^_^

Edited by Jesper

[quote name='B1gAlMan' timestamp='1311566318' post='2763144']
He had nukes, he can defend himself, and he has been given options out several times. Our lower tier doesn't have mps/wrcs/sdis and they were never sent peace. You do the math.
[/quote]
[the math] = Don't attack nuke-capable nations if you don't want to get nuked.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311566419' post='2763149']
[/quote]
Don't attack innocent and defenseless alliance members over several months if you don't want to get sanctioned. Your point?

A nation that is raided has every right to fight back and fight off its attackers without any further penalization. We recognize that. However, we also believe that once the raided nation begins nuclear attacks against separate, defenseless nations then this original victim has turned aggressive and become a nuclear rogue in every sense of the word.

Now, we neither have the right nor the ability to force this viewpoint onto everyone. Having said that, we will take every action we think necessary to protect our nations, to defeat King Sin, and to move on.

And we will do so with force, and with ease.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311566419' post='2763149']
[/quote]
I'm fairly sure the nation he's currently fighting has not attacked a nuke capable nation. Jus sayin.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311566017' post='2763142']
Thank you Valhalla for defining what you did to Kingdom of Sin.

Don't all of you out there in TV Land just love it how raiders talk big !@#$ up front, ten the minute their unwarranted aggression comes home to roost they start defining themselves and their alliance-mates as "defenseless" and "victims" and "just minding their own business." It's a laugh riot.
[/quote]

For the record...

Valhalla has greatly reduced its raiding activity over the past couple of years. Raids are rare (you'll note that we've got one other war going on at the moment, that one involves an aid scammer that jumped off the AA) or at least very uncommon. To classify Valhalla in the same category as GOONS or other alliances that have a dozen or more active raids going on that the same time is completely disingenuous.

[quote name='B1gAlMan' timestamp='1311566581' post='2763150']
Don't attack innocent and defenseless alliance members over several months if you don't want to get sanctioned. Your point?
[/quote]
The point is neatly packaged in every Valhallan's reply so far: You begin your timeline with Kingdom of Sin's reaction rather than the Valhallan aggression which precipitated this entire plotline. Now Valhalla wants the Senates of the world to do its dirty work for it instead of taking responsibility for its own actions. You can take Red off your list of helpers. Kingdom of Sin is not a rogue, he is a nation which was aggressively attacked by Valhalla executing a defensive war in the manner he sees fit as a sovereign nation. Members of an alliance have never been "innocent" of the actions of their governments or the government-sanctioned actions of their alliance mates--no Valhallan nation which Kingdom of Sin attacks is innocent, nor can they be so long as they remain a member of Valhalla which has declared war on Kingdom of Sin.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1311566735' post='2763154']
For the record...

Valhalla has greatly reduced its raiding activity over the past couple of years. Raids are rare (you'll note that we've got one other war going on at the moment, that one involves an aid scammer that jumped off the AA) or at least very uncommon. To classify Valhalla in the same category as GOONS or other alliances that have a dozen or more active raids going on that the same time is completely disingenuous.
[/quote]

When was the last time GOONS had a raid gone bad? To put you in the same category in GOONS with regard to stuff like this would seem to be derogatory toward them.

[quote name='B1gAlMan' timestamp='1311566581' post='2763150']
[/quote]

"Innocent" does not describe the members of an alliance that committed an aggressive action against a nation, and "defenseless" does not describe an alliance that is fighting one nation

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1311566999' post='2763161']
When was the last time GOONS had a raid gone bad? To put you in the same category in GOONS with regard to stuff like this would seem to be derogatory toward them.
[/quote]
GOONS raided NAAC today despite a 30-page topic on the subject of NAAC being protected.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1311567150' post='2763166']
GOONS raided NAAC today despite a 30-page topic on the subject of NAAC being protected.
[/quote]

I define a raid gone bad as a raid that ends up costing someone more than the original tech gained would be worth, a la having to pay reps for hitting a protected nation or getting nuked/attacked back. Should that be the end result of the raid on the NAAC nation, I would withdraw my earlier comment.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1311567351' post='2763170']
I define a raid gone bad as a raid that ends up costing someone more than the original tech gained would be worth, a la having to pay reps for hitting a protected nation or getting nuked/attacked back. Should that be the end result of the raid on the NAAC nation, I would withdraw my earlier comment.
[/quote]
Its still a raid gone bad when you attack a protected AA.

Though I don't see a raid on NAAC from GOONs..

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1311567188' post='2763167']
Has Valhalla offered him compensation for the original rounds of war to get him to stop this crusade?
[/quote]

Yeah White peace.. isn't that what everyone wants?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311567536' post='2763175']
Its still a raid gone bad when you attack a protected AA.

Though I don't see a raid on NAAC from GOONs..
[/quote]

They look like former GOONS. They have clearly been through a major war they are small nations with nukes. In defense of GOONS, if they are former GOONS, you can't control your former members so you can't exactly lay blame on them.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1311568266' post='2763184']
They look like former GOONS. They have clearly been through a major war they are small nations with nukes. In defense of GOONS, if they are former GOONS, you can't control your former members so you can't exactly lay blame on them.
[/quote]
GOONS are raiding them as well, from what I see. Looks more like attacking to me than raiding, actually.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris