Open Invitation from the NPO

Brenann

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' timestamp='1310880315' post='2757632']
Or it could be an exercise in community building.
Which is exactly what this place needs right now.
[/quote]
They have a long history(years) of tracking IP addresses for the reason he mentioned. NPO dont do community they never have and never will. They see all other alliances as something to be used or something to destroy. Even being a neutral alliance wasnt enogh to keep someone off their use/kill radar. Go and learn your own history kid.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Continuum-GPA_War

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310892485' post='2757679']
They have a long history(years) of tracking IP addresses for the reason he mentioned. NPO dont do community they never have and never will. They see all other alliances as something to be used or something to destroy. Even being a neutral alliance wasnt enogh to keep someone off their use/kill radar. Go and learn your own history kid.

[/quote]
i did enjoy all that tech and land.

[/quote]

static ip addresses are something most ISPs make you pay extra for, and only really useful if you are hosting stuff so most people I know don't bother. So the majority of ip addresses are Dynamic and change periodically which seriously reduces their usefulness for tracking people after a couple of weeks/days. And if you are really desperate to drop off the radar there are methods to change it as often as want.

No method of tracking is 100% foolproof.

[/quote]

Although I always appreciate it when Pacifica is given all the credit for implementing innovative practices that become the gold standard across Planet Bob, in this case I must admit that we can't claim to be the creators or sole practitioners of IP tracking. In the days when PZI, EZI and other repressive practices were in vogue, a very large number of alliances indulged themselves in keeping track of their "enemies of the state". Regrettably, however, the world at large has decried such Orwellian behaviors and, indeed, even ebil Pacifica has foresworn the use thereof. So, although it pains me to say so, the current event is merely a community street fair, rather than a slyly constructed attempt to implant virtual microchips in the necks of all who attend.

How boring.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1310879853' post='2757628']
What a cheap way to get IP addresses so you can track people across rerolls. Well done!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Steve Buscemi: Literally the Alterego of PB.

You want to know WHY people dont like doing things for this community... because of this right here.

[/quote]

When they do they get mocked and ridiculed over something that is supposed to be fun. The NPO tries to take steps to be a part of the community like [i]everyone[/i] wanted and we are stonewalled and insulted. So why not put your hatred aside for a regime that is no longer in power and try and look at the current NPO.

I know for some it is hard, but try and see how things go before you foam at the mouth.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1310934366' post='2757913']
I know for some it is hard, but try and see how things go before you foam at the mouth.
[/quote]
Brennan, you know very well all it takes is for people to see "NPO" before the foaming starts.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1310937245' post='2757928']
Brennan, you know very well all it takes is for people to see "NPO" before the foaming starts.
[/quote]
Yes and 90% of the time it is the ones who !@#$%* that there is no community anymore, that there is no fun in the game. They accuse the NPO of grudges and plots while condemning any act the NPO engages in. Its a wonder people stay around in this game anymore.

Hey guys we're turning over a new leaf. Oh hey let's run a contest for signatures on our forums. Oh hey a good portion of people who can make nice signatures also happened to be banned from participating because it's on your forums. Do it here or don't do it at all. Also change the name of the thread. It's not an open invitation when you've got a black list of people who can't do it.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1310925903' post='2757855']
You cant complain about a prize given in a free competition as no one is forcing you to draw :P
[/quote]
Nobody's complaining. Rather, we're nudging the contest organizers to up the prize by juuuust a bit. If there's tech involved, I'd wager they'd get some solid entries.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1310925903' post='2757855']
You cant complain about a prize given in a free competition as no one is forcing you to draw :P
[/quote]
I'm not complaining, I'm simply saying there is no point in entering if it would mean i'd lose slot efficiency if I won.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1310960045' post='2758161']
I'm not complaining, I'm simply saying there is no point in entering if it would mean i'd lose slot efficiency if I won.
[/quote]

And now will happen a thing who hardly happens under normal conditions: I agree with Banksy.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1310979018' post='2758336']
will the winner and say the runner ups get posted here afterwards?

I would be interested to see who wins this
[/quote]
This would be interesting, in the last one all the entries got burried in the discussion about them, so it will be nice to see the lot in one place and not miss any of them.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1310934366' post='2757913']
You want to know WHY people dont like doing things for this community... because of this right here.

When they do they get mocked and ridiculed over something that is supposed to be fun. The NPO tries to take steps to be a part of the community like [i]everyone[/i] wanted and we are stonewalled and insulted. So why not put your hatred aside for a regime that is no longer in power and try and look at the current NPO.

[/quote]

I dont hate NPO and this isnt close to foaming at the mouth. You presided over the worst and longest reign of terror in history and made only superficial changes since your loss of power. You are expecting everyone else to make a leap of faith and just trust you. A change of leadership isnt as convincing as a change in ideology. Francoism is a xenophobic ideology

[quote]The natural world that we see around us is a brutal one: a world where no law, no morality, and no right or wrong exist. Individuals are open to do whatever they will and to take from others whatever they desire.[/quote]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1310960045' post='2758161']
[/quote]

No one says you got to accept the prize either or have it [b]forwarded to a seller[/b], as you could do it for fun or boredom due to vast amounts of time spent on these forums and IRC (just a generalisation of a group in the community not particularly aimed at you)

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1310943680' post='2757996']
Hey guys we're turning over a new leaf. Oh hey let's run a contest for signatures on our forums. Oh hey a good portion of people who can make nice signatures also happened to be banned from participating because it's on your forums. Do it here or don't do it at all. Also change the name of the thread. It's not an open invitation when you've got a black list of people who can't do it.
[/quote]

I didn't realize that the majority of planet Bob was banned from our forums? :P
tbf, I don't have control over your ban. If you are really interested in joining in, I would recommend taking the appropriate steps to see if a ban, or at least a ban from that section of our forums can be lifted so that you can join in. Griping, moaning, and complaining can only go so far my friend.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310991658' post='2758388']
Francoism is a xenophobic ideology
[/quote]

If you think that saying that this game works on a "might makes right" principle is xenophobia, you need to get out of whatever rock you've been living under and look around you a bit more.