What if...

Conformist Maryland

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1310950821' post='2758052']
Looks like somebody is still mad that we used the Moldavi Doctrine before them.
[/quote]

Look at Hyperion now, so proud that he activated our Moldavi Doctrine. I'm glad we're so important to you Hyp to influence your way of thinking and adhere to the [i]Sith[/i] Moldavi Doctrine :smug:

Edited by KainIIIC

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1310951127' post='2758057']
Look at Hyperion now, so proud that he activated our Moldavi Doctrine. I'm glad we're so important to you Hyp to influence your way of thinking and adhere to the [i]Sith[/i] Moldavi Doctrine :smug:
[/quote]

Give the poor Spartan a break. They don't have many achievements to be proud of so we should have no issue sharing some of ours with them :wub:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1310952890' post='2758072']
Give the poor Spartan a break. They don't have many achievements to be proud of so we should have no issue sharing some of ours with them :wub:
[/quote]
Ah, yes, because NSO has so much to be proud of. You guys have certainly done sooooo much in your 2 and a half years of existence. When we were your age, we were over 13 million NS, had never been rolled for doing stupid !@#$, had over 2,000 nukes, and several times your membership count.

Out of both of us, you are the one who has had many allies cancel on you out of not wanting to continuously have to bail you out of your own stupidity. You're the one who keeps getting caught doing stupid crap to other alliances. You're the one who is still barely over 2 mil NS, sitting at [i]16k[/i] average NS after two and a half months of rebuilding time. In that amount of time Sparta not only recovered, but surpassed our pre-war stats, and now we are well on our way to 4k nukes, over 37k average, and 20 100k+ nations. You are literally incapable of building your alliance into any sort of relevance, and politically you're so incompetent you can barely go a couple months without screwing something up, and don't even get me started about how you crumble against any sort of military opposition almost immediately in every single war.

Out of the two of us, we are the ones who actually pull our weight in wars. We are not the ones who get ourselves rolled out of our own stupidity over, and over, and over again. We are not the ones who are so incompetent that you can't even build yourselves to any sort of respectable level with [i]a third of the members to worry about[/i].

And you say [i]we're[/i] the waste of space. Please. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1310958261' post='2758143']
[/quote]
Yes. Yes you are.

[quote name='Griff' timestamp='1310958447' post='2758146']
Yes. Yes you are.
[/quote]
I thought about writing a crushing response to Hyperion's post (something about proud meatshields, getting taken apart by AZTEC, and Hyperion being a lying !@#$), but sadly, Griff did it first.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1310958648' post='2758147']
I thought about writing a crushing response to Hyperion's post (something about proud meatshields, getting taken apart by AZTEC, and Hyperion being a lying !@#$), but sadly, Griff did it first.
[/quote]
Go ahead. Write something. I'd love to see you try to deny your incompetence.

Ah, yes, because NSO has so much to be proud of. You guys have certainly done sooooo much in your 2 and a half years of existence. When we were your age, we were over 13 million NS, had never been rolled for doing stupid !@#$, had over 2,000 nukes, and several times your membership count.

Out of both of us, you are the one who has had many allies cancel on you out of not wanting to continuously have to bail you out of your own stupidity. You're the one who keeps getting caught doing stupid crap to other alliances. You're the one who is still barely over 2 mil NS, sitting at [i]16k[/i] average NS after two and a half months of rebuilding time. In that amount of time Sparta not only recovered, but surpassed our pre-war stats, and now we are well on our way to 4k nukes, over 37k average, and 20 100k+ nations. You are literally incapable of building your alliance into any sort of relevance, and politically you're so incompetent you can barely go a couple months without screwing something up, and don't even get me started about how you crumble against any sort of military opposition almost immediately in every single war.

Out of the two of us, we are the ones who actually pull our weight in wars. We are not the ones who get ourselves rolled out of our own stupidity over, and over, and over again. We are not the ones who are so incompetent that you can't even build yourselves to any sort of respectable level with [i]a third of the members to worry about[/i].

[/quote]

You forgot to add that Sparta has never lost a war either. We all know why though :rolleyes:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1310965234' post='2758221']
You forgot to add that Sparta has never lost a war either. We all know why though :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Ah, right, because we "bandwagon" on every war. We're always "switching sides". Obviously the fact that we've worked with the same group of people for years in 4 straight wars means we're constantly changing sides. And obviously us winning has everything to do with us bandwagoning on random alliances (you know, instead of fighting on three fronts in Bipolar and attacking an entire bloc in the PB-NpO war), and not the fact that you and your ilk are too incompetent to prepare for, fight in, and win a single conflict. Don't blame us just because you don't have any ability to better yourselves.

When we were your age, we were over 13 million NS, had never been rolled for doing stupid !@#$, had over 2,000 nukes, and several times your membership count.

[/quote]

My bad. :awesome:

Out of the two of us, we are the ones who actually pull our weight in wars. We are not the ones who get ourselves rolled out of our own stupidity over, and over, and over again.
[/quote]
This happened once, when someone in a position of power decided to overreact.

But if making up falsehoods about other alliances is what it takes for you to feel better about yourself, then by all means continue.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1310966465' post='2758236']
Don't blame us just because you don't have any ability to better yourselves.
[/quote]

Who blamed you? Who in fact cares what you think? If I cared for what a spartan thought I would let you know. :blink:

Take your delusions back to your shabby alliance.

Edited by Charles Stuart

Ah, right, because we "bandwagon" on every war. We're always "switching sides".
[/quote]
First step is admitting you have a problem. Bravo.

Ah, right, because we "bandwagon" on every war. We're always "switching sides". Obviously the fact that we've worked with the same group of people for years in 4 straight wars means we're constantly changing sides. And obviously us winning has everything to do with us bandwagoning on random alliances (you know, instead of fighting on three fronts in Bipolar and attacking an entire bloc in the PB-NpO war), and not the fact that you and your ilk are too incompetent to prepare for, fight in, and win a single conflict. Don't blame us just because you don't have any ability to better yourselves.
[/quote]

Eh first of all you didn't attack an entire bloc, you only DoW'd NV. That said AZTEC(which in total had about the same member count as Sparta) and its allies began hurting once MHA and later FARK were pulled in the war. The last one especially sped up the eventual peace agreement. So you can't exactly take credit for attacking an entire bloc as it was a joint effort.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1310994601' post='2758405']
Eh first of all you didn't attack an entire bloc, you only DoW'd NV. That said AZTEC(which in total had about the same member count as Sparta) and its allies began hurting once MHA and later FARK were pulled in the war. The last one especially sped up the eventual peace agreement. So you can't exactly take credit for attacking an entire bloc as it was a joint effort.
[/quote]
1 - We went in knowing full well what we were getting in to. We only started with NV so as not to trip your other signatories' treaties.

2 - You and your allies far outnumbered and out NS'd us, DF and AO included.

3 - Before Fark and MHA came in, we did more damage to all of you than you all did to us...combined (I have the numbers somewhere). However, in the long term you still had greater member counts than us so you probably would have lasted longer. We would have done more damage to you, but we didn't have the numbers to keep cycles going to get a long term victory. We were banking on the war ending before you could turn it in your favor, and lucky for us Fark and MHA provided that service.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311002873' post='2758450']
1 - We went in knowing full well what we were getting in to. We only started with NV so as not to trip your other signatories' treaties.

2 - You and your allies far outnumbered and out NS'd us, DF and AO included.

3 - Before Fark and MHA came in, we did more damage to all of you than you all did to us...combined (I have the numbers somewhere). However, in the long term you still had greater member counts than us so you probably would have lasted longer. We would have done more damage to you, but we didn't have the numbers to keep cycles going to get a long term victory. We were banking on the war ending before you could turn it in your favor, and lucky for us Fark and MHA provided that service.
[/quote]

Perhaps in the lower tiers you did more damage than you took, in the top tier however AZTEC and her allies were more effective. That said we're derailing too much so I'll end it here.

Out of the two of us, we are the ones who actually pull our weight in wars.
[/quote]
Before you embarass yourself further, I suggest you talk to anyone who fought either with or against NSO in the recent war (well, except Legion, they think NSO did awful :rolleyes: ). I'm assuming, of course, that you aren't playing stupid and that you genuinely don't know how wrong you are.

-Bama

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1310958853' post='2758153']
Go ahead. Write something. I'd love to see you try to deny your incompetence.
[/quote]
NSO currently has 33.9% slot usage.

Sparta has 20% slot usage.

Now, I don't think that its exactly a fair comparison due to the fact that you have ghosts on your AA obviously since you are sanctioned, but it would be wrong to state that they are being incompetent/inactive. You could argue that constantly being in wars has destroyed their warchests, not allowing them to rebuild to as high of levels following a war as Sparta can, meaning that rebuilding takes a hell of a lot longer. That being said, I believe they were under a million NS and have almost doubled since their peace terms, so they have done a decent job.

The incompetence in terms of politics can be argued (and the past has shown it to be relatively true), but they have decent economic growth (from what I can see at least).

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311023956' post='2758691']

Sparta has 20% slot usage.
[/quote]

I'm curious, how do you account for whether aid is intra-alliance (taking up two slots), our between the alliance and outside parties (taking up one)?

[quote]
You could argue that constantly being in wars has destroyed their warchests, not allowing them to rebuild to as high of levels following a war as Sparta can, meaning that rebuilding takes a hell of a lot longer.
[/quote]

Even more than that, comparing an alliance which fought for months on end on the receiving end of a beatdown with one that was on the winning side of a much shorter conflict and had tons of assistance from powerful allies is a comparison that will tend to be biased towards the latter.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311023956' post='2758691']
[/quote]
Actually we're at 54.1% usage right now (333/616). I'll run Sparta's numbers when I feel less lazy. We were also at about 900k NS when our war ended, and are currently at 2mil and change.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1311025055' post='2758704']
Actually we're at 54.1% usage right now (333/616). I'll run Sparta's numbers when I feel less lazy. We were also at about 900k NS when our war ended, and are currently at 2mil and change.
[/quote]
No, you aren't. You have "expired" slots after #209, thus meaning that your currently utilized slots only go up to 209/616.

Also Letum, good call. I hadn't factored that into it well enough, I'll have to figure out a way to do just that. Raw numbers may be misleading then, but they do show decently how many slots are in use, not perfect though.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311025933' post='2758712']
No, you aren't. You have "expired" slots after #209, thus meaning that your currently utilized slots only go up to 209/616.

Also Letum, good call. I hadn't factored that into it well enough, I'll have to figure out a way to do just that. Raw numbers may be misleading then, but they do show decently how many slots are in use, not perfect though.
[/quote]
I was factoring in the internal NSO deals Letum mentioned, which bring us to that 333 number :v:

Edit: the only way I know of to count internal deals is to go through the list of aid deals, count the number of internal deals, and add that to the total number of deals (so for NSO, we have 209 total deals and 124 internal deals, total 333).

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1311025979' post='2758714']
I was factoring in the internal NSO deals Letum mentioned, which bring us to that 333 number :v:

Edit: the only way I know of to count internal deals is to go through the list of aid deals, count the number of internal deals, and add that to the total number of deals (so for NSO, we have 209 total deals and 124 internal deals, total 333).
[/quote]
Oh you actually went and counted :P I just assumed you went to the last page >_>

my apologies

Edited by Penlugue Solaris