What if...

Conformist Maryland

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311026180' post='2758717']
Oh you actually went and counted :P I just assumed you went to the last page >_>
[/quote]
Yeah, we have an election for a Finance position right now, so I was going to do it anyways so I could ask how candidates planned to improve it, so when I saw your post I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone :P

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1311026180' post='2758717']
Oh you actually went and counted :P I just assumed you went to the last page >_>

my apologies
[/quote]

no worries, i've had to correct about a dozen people in the alliance before on the prudence of double-counting internal tech deals :P

It's also a rough estimation as well, as our two most recent members both have all 6 of their slots filled, but not initiated (nor counted) under our AA. But useful to know nonetheless :)

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1311030584' post='2758770']
Where did Hyp go? No offence to anyone but the delusional spartan was pretty amusing whilst this current conversation about slot usage just isn't :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Clogged Los Angeles freeways don't usually like to lend a helping hand to my efforts to contribute to the "fascinating" conversations on this forum.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1311030584' post='2758770']
Where did Hyp go? No offence to anyone but the delusional spartan was pretty amusing whilst this current conversation about slot usage just isn't :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Would it be more amusing if I pointed out that we're using 55.1% of our slots to Sparta's 33.4%?
:smug:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1311032657' post='2758802']
Would it be more amusing if I pointed out that we're using 55.1% of our slots to Sparta's 33.4%?
:smug:
[/quote]
I also find it amusing that we have over double your counts of average nukes per member, over double your percentage of MP's per member, SDI's per member, WRC's per member, and over double your average nation strength. We also have (at least) a 33% better overall tech ratio, and three times your ratio of 70k+ nations.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311033403' post='2758814']
I also find it amusing that we have over double your counts of average nukes per member, over double your percentage of MP's per member, SDI's per member, WRC's per member, and over double your average nation strength. We also have (at least) a 33% better overall tech ratio, and three times your ratio of 70k+ nations.
[/quote]
The consequences of not having 4 years of flipping to the winning side to help bloat our stats I suppose!

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311033403' post='2758814']
[/quote]

I find your entire alliance amusing. Don't you?

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1311033941' post='2758821']
I find your entire alliance amusing. Don't you?
[/quote]
We are an interesting bunch.

Anyway, I think we've sufficiently derailed this. Have fun talking about whatever the hell the real discussion in this thread is.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311034469' post='2758829']

Anyway, I think we've sufficiently derailed this. Have fun talking about whatever the hell the real discussion in this thread is.
[/quote]

Spartas problem has always been leadership. They have some good members but, the complete lack of leadership has been the reason for Spartas long history of poor politcal and military performances. Always the follower and never the leader. I suppose if just being someone elses tool is what an alliance strives for then so be it. However while NSO has played a role far beyond its size, Sparta has just been along for the ride. Now if Sparta were to ever get some solid leadership it could be an alliance to reckoned with. Instead it is stuck with its long held reputation. Sparta's members with NSO's leadership? Now that would scary.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311034469' post='2758829']

[/quote]
No no, not "we". You.

I think if Ivan stayed in control, the New Pacific Order wouldn't of had a bunch of current allies attack them in the Karma War. I think the NPO wouldn't of had as many treaties just to control the treaty web and maybe have a smaller amount of real allies who would be less likely to stab NPO in the back as soon as they see a chance for NPO to be brought down.

Edited by Methrage

I think people may at the same time over- and underestimate the impact of the coup. ES and Ivan were strong personalities, and they did clash loudly and forcefully in WUT times. However, they also were strong powerplayers.

If Ivan's coup succeeds, the immediate result is likely a shattering of the WUT with NPO and NpO on one side rather than a half-hearted NPO on NpO's side. GOONS was a devil they knew less than they knew eachother, and better the devil you know. The question is, could it have shifted anyone out or away in the resulting war?

I think not. NPO's name held sway, but the aftermath of Moo leaving would not have been perfect. I suspect TOP/Citadel would still tend towards neutrality, now more confused than caught in a situation of wanting to support both and neither side, and the rest of WUT would still go to their eventual sides, most likely.

The war probably ends similarly, and so, once more, we are in a situation where Citadel was not on the NpO side in the UjW. This will lead to powerplaying by both sides as it initiates mistrust, and here the question becomes truly complicated.
Ivan could see NpO as an actual rival, but Citadel was still a WotC and Karma war away from sufficient power to rival NPO. He might still choose a Continuum-like construction, but with Ivan in the lead would Grämlins ever accept? If not, TOP would likely not join... and so there would be a cold war between NpO and the Citadel with NPO more likely than historical to be against TOP/Grämlins, but there would not be the same push to bring an actual conflict. Citadel was still a block more deadly than it was political, and if Continuum does not form, that is likely to remain. And Citadel would not have the confidence to launch its own offensive without Continuum backing.

I suspect Citadel would eventually fall apart while the first significant war after the UjW would be a destruction of what were and became C&G/SF. After that, with Citadel disbanded, there might be a realignment between the Orange alliances (TOP/IRON primarily, with probably ODN or FOK support) becoming the new Order opposition. Which would be not so epic, and so likely it would extend the dominance of NPpO until at some point they do get into conflict with eachother.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311037095' post='2758864']
Spartas problem has always been leadership. They have some good members but, the complete lack of leadership has been the reason for Spartas long history of poor politcal and military performances. Always the follower and never the leader. I suppose if just being someone elses tool is what an alliance strives for then so be it. However while NSO has played a role far beyond its size, Sparta has just been along for the ride. Now if Sparta were to ever get some solid leadership it could be an alliance to reckoned with. Instead it is stuck with its long held reputation. Sparta's members with NSO's leadership? Now that would scary.
[/quote]

I can't tell if you're serious with this post or not.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311037095' post='2758864']
[/quote]

I can see that you desperately want to feel like you're an authority on CN. You should be aware that as things stand, you're just making yourself sound like a moron.

I'm going to go look for that post in which you claim you're a master of CN black ops.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1311465887' post='2762406']
I can't tell if you're serious with this post or not.
[/quote]
[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311483242' post='2762560']
I can see that you desperately want to feel like you're an authority on CN. You should be aware that as things stand, you're just making yourself sound like a moron.

I'm going to go look for that post in which you claim you're a master of CN black ops.
[/quote]
Why would you two disparage Sparta's members like that? :(

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311483242' post='2762560']

[/quote]

Oh now this is fantastic. I love it when people are reduced to this. I also love people still remember everything I have done and said. It is because of people like you that I remain. That people hang on my every word and get so emotional they are reduced to childish insults is what feeds me and my already massive ego. I can already imagine you getting all blustery as you read this preparing your response filled with morons, and stupids and liars etc. Let me help you a bit. Here ya go so: Nobody cares what you say TBB your nobody!!! You so stupid TBB!!! I don't hang on your word I am just tired of listing to you TBB!! Let me find that time you said I was afraid of Polar!! I am not angry you @#$#@$@@$ $@#$@ #$%#$!!!

Sometimes this is just to easy.
Love,
The Bad

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311525918' post='2762790']
Oh now this is fantastic. I love it when people are reduced to this. I also love people still remember everything I have done and said. It is because of people like you that I remain. That people hang on my every word and get so emotional they are reduced to childish insults is what feeds me and my already massive ego. I can already imagine you getting all blustery as you read this preparing your response filled with morons, and stupids and liars etc. Let me help you a bit. Here ya go so: Nobody cares what you say TBB your nobody!!! You so stupid TBB!!! I don't hang on your word I am just tired of listing to you TBB!! Let me find that time you said I was afraid of Polar!! I am not angry you @#$#@$@@$ $@#$@ #$%#$!!!

Sometimes this is just to easy.
Love,
The Bad
[/quote]

Your post made absolutely no sense.

It took me ten seconds to formulate this response.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1311561573' post='2763093']
Clearly, come back when you have had time to think on it.
[/quote]

You're assuming that further study will indicate to me that your post made any sense at all. In this, you're forgetting that if your post requires more than a cursory bit of research in order to puzzle out any pattern of rational thought whatsoever, there's already something seriously wrong with it.

For your possible benefit in understanding what I mean, I'll provide you with a similar counterpart to your post. It is as follows:

[quote]
BLAAARGH RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE YAAAAH BOOOOO RAAAGHAGAGGHH BLAHOOOBLAHBLAH RAGGGHHGAGHAGHAGH!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311565738' post='2763137']
You're assuming that further study will indicate to me that your post made any sense at all. In this, you're forgetting that if your post requires more than a cursory bit of research in order to puzzle out any pattern of rational thought whatsoever, there's already something seriously wrong with it.

For your possible benefit in understanding what I mean, I'll provide you with a similar counterpart to your post. It is as follows:
[/quote]

Seriously, post of the year. Got epic laughs out of this one!

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1311565738' post='2763137']

[/quote]

I'd have to agree.