An Invitation from the Mushroom Kingdom

lebubu

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310267995' post='2753631']
Like it or not Almighty Grub is very much the face of Polaris and what he says drowns out Polaris' recognition that some of its actions were wrong in that war.
[/quote]

Wrong again, Grub's opinions and posts doesn't represent Polaris official view, and if you read what Grub said in this thread, you'll see that he spoke and apologized for his actions in Bi-Polar war to those who really matters. If that isn't enough to you is only your problem, but don't say we don't recognize our mistakes because you'll be just lying.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting side affect of reading this Q&A is going from 'wow, great post MK' to 'wow, wtf just happened here' in like a matter of seconds.

Edit: wtf not wft ;)

Edited by eyriq

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310272393' post='2753672']
Wrong again, Grub's opinions and posts doesn't represent Polaris official view, and if you read what Grub said in this thread, you'll see that he spoke and apologized for his actions in Bi-Polar war to those who really matters. If that isn't enough to you is only your problem, but don't say we don't recognize our mistakes because you'll be just lying.
[/quote]
I think you misread my post because I did read where Grub spoke with those that were most affected by his decisions in that war. I also didn't say Polaris doesn't recognize what it did in that war. You can reread my post if you want or not. Anyways, I wish you guys well.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310272793' post='2753675']
I also didn't say Polaris doesn't recognize what it did in that war. You can reread my post if you want or not.
[/quote]

Of course you said:

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310264991' post='2753603']
Crymson and TOP seem to recognize that their actions were poor in that war. [b][u]When[/u] Grub and Polaris recognize the same [u]then and only then will[/u] Polaris be able to move forward[/b].
[/quote]

Now my english is horrible, but I'm pretty sure that you are talking in future tense here.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310267995' post='2753631']
Like it or not Almighty Grub is very much the face of Polaris and what he says drowns out Polaris' recognition that some of its actions were wrong in that war. Grub is a tough leader and his stance is keeping the hate for Polaris alive when it could easily be extinguished if he worked more to publicly recognize the mistakes he made. He says he apologized to the people that matter which is good, but then all those apologies seem non-existent or insincere with the tone he takes when he posts. It seems clear there was no apology to TOP. If there was reconciliation TOP wouldn't be putting Polaris in its crosshairs.
[/quote]

Your understanding of the situation is flawed. We do not believe we did anything incorrect. Indeed, the military planners for the other side have said that we correctly divined their plans, and that the preempt may have been the best strategic option had we not been betrayed. Our only mistake was to trust Polaris.

Apologies from Polaris will not be enough to bring about reconciliation.

Please stop.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310273069' post='2753680']
Of course you said:

Now my english is horrible, but I'm pretty sure that you are talking in future tense here.
[/quote]
Yeah, I was unclear and contradicted myself there. What I meant was to avoid going at it with TOP here on the OWF. I would think that your FA team is working through other channels to possibly resolve differences with TOP. It seems that those that Polaris spoke with after that war was everyone except TOP. IMO, after what occurred in that war TOP should have been one of the alliances Polaris addressed, maybe you guys did but, with the exchanges you guys have with TOP it makes it pretty clear that you didn't. Some sort of reconciliation with TOP is necessary don't you think? If not, they will find away to target you.

EDIT: Crymson posted as I was typing. So, it's war...eventually.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310261967' post='2753589']
No, he didn't, if you actually knew why they called WN coward you would understand that a peace mode joke is just irrelevant.
[/quote]
You know it's hard to bring up someone's actions 3 years ago when you just recently backstabbed a whole coalition.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1310274405' post='2753696']
You know it's hard to bring up someone's actions 3 years ago when you just recently backstabbed a whole coalition.
[/quote]
No expiration date for that CB? Just going to keep that baby simmering. Eventually, all the nutritional value will be gone. Just get it over with already.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310274088' post='2753693']
EDIT: Crymson posted as I was typing. So, it's war...eventually.
[/quote]

The ship of time during which apologies from Polaris would have meant even the slightest bit has long since sailed.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1310275181' post='2753703']
We can't hit what's not in range.
[/quote]
It sounds cool to say that but anyone can see that there are plenty TOP nations in range of NpO nations.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310276618' post='2753721']
It sounds cool to say that but anyone can see that there are plenty TOP nations in range of NpO nations.
[/quote]

You're making yourself look very unintelligent.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1310274083' post='2753692']
Your understanding of the situation is flawed. We do not believe we did anything incorrect. Indeed, the military planners for the other side have said that we correctly divined their plans, and that the preempt may have been the best strategic option had we not been betrayed. Our only mistake was to trust Polaris. [/quote]
Oh so TOP is not repentant about the whole pre-empt thing?!? that is a shame I had thought that was not the case. And pardon me for checking but which military planners actually confirmed that? (just curious).

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310254426' post='2753537']
A peace mode joke, how original. Congrats!
[/quote]
Would you say peace mode jokes are more or less original than Optional Defence Force jokes?

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1310286673' post='2753797']
Would you say peace mode jokes are more or less original than Optional Defence Force jokes?
[/quote]

Much less, because while peace mode is a viable strategy used by almost all alliances in Cyberverse, including yours in the last war, ODN has a singular history of canceling their treaties to avoid the losing side of a war and good jokes like ODN never gets old.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1310287234' post='2753801']
ODN has a singular history of canceling their treaties to avoid the losing side of a war and good jokes like ODN never gets old.
[/quote]
heh no it doesn't. Look at the entirety of ODN's history dude. Has ODN fracked up on occasion? sure, but that has not been the total sum of ODN's conduct since 2006 and you know it. I know you have reasons to be bitter at ODN (going back to CDS) but dude at some point you should let go of the vindictiveness ;)

Much less, because while peace mode is a viable strategy used by almost all alliances in Cyberverse, including yours in the last war, ODN has a singular history of canceling their treaties to avoid the losing side of a war and good jokes like ODN never gets old.
[/quote]
"It's okay when I do it."

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1309899822' post='2749652']
Interestingly enough, I did not assemble any coalition.
[/quote]
Yes. You did.

At least Electron Sponge took responsibility for his actions.

You, on the other hand, think I am only talking about Invicta. Yeah, Invicta took a hit for you - and much as you want to believe otherwise, the fact is that we were there for you and UPN, and nobody else - but Invicta's role in your war was relatively minor. By your series of betrayals, you guaranteed the triumph of the power structure now known as Pandora's Box.

This was obviously really smart.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310274975' post='2753701']
No expiration date for that CB? Just going to keep that baby simmering. Eventually, all the nutritional value will be gone. Just get it over with already.
[/quote]
Please point to me the page and section number in the Cybernations Rule Book that states that a CB must be used by X amount of days.

D34th: Your MoFA and his assistant recently requested an embassy over at our forums and being the nice people that we are we granted them their request. Since that moment they have failed to show up. Should I chalk this up to forgetfulness or a lack of balls on their part?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1310308792' post='2753878']
D34th: Your MoFA and his assistant recently requested an embassy over at our forums and being the nice people that we are we granted them their request. Since that moment they have failed to show up. Should I chalk this up to forgetfulness or a lack of balls on their part?
[/quote]

Probably forgetfulness, our FA team are really used to hostile environments.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310274975' post='2753701']
[/quote]
Read the quote above.

Below is your response.

Please point to me the page and section number in the Cybernations Rule Book that states that a CB must be used by X amount of days.
[/quote]

Read what I said.

Please point to the area of my statement where I said "a CB must be used by X amount of days." Also note the ? at the end of my first sentence.

If you read everything I said besides this quote, you would gather that I believe TOP has plenty reason to be gunning for Polaris. It's a CB that cannot be satisfied until Polaris is rolled by a TOP lead coalition. Polaris can be rolled in 10 different wars and if it is not lead by TOP you all will say Polaris still has to pay for it's sins against TOP. Hence the last sentence in my quote: Just get it over with already.

Yes, we know you guys can't hit what's not in range :rolleyes: You guys can hit every Polaris nation 1-40 easily. Your problem is that Polaris nations 41 on down greatly out number TOP. Your coalition is not yet ready to roll could be another reason. It will be interesting to see what happens when you finally call their number; You will win easily, but it will be interesting to read your DOW thread.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1310077348' post='2751691']
Perhaps if I dropped the logs from that period people would actually see who was over the edge and who was simply a victim of circumstances.... :P
[/quote]
Considering that you made the circumstances of almost that entire war, you're going to have to try really damn hard to do that

[/quote]

I would be happy to come over if it means that much!

Much less, because while peace mode is a viable strategy used by almost all alliances in Cyberverse, including yours in the last war, ODN has a singular history of canceling their treaties to avoid the losing side of a war and [b]good jokes like ODN never gets old.[/b]
[/quote]

They really, really do.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1310322271' post='2753967']
I would be happy to come over if it means that much!
[/quote]

That would be pointless, because you're perhaps the only member of Polaris for whom any in TOP have respect. You're an anomaly.