Declaration of War

Locke

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1308643538' post='2737049']You had reason to believe that IAA would tell their protectorate that someone was claiming to have a CB on them? Wow, you have marvelous intuition. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

You go to IAA. IAA tells NsO. NsO runs to peace mode. You know what? At THAT point, you have them right where you want them(assuming you can provide a solid CB), because nobody WANTS to stay in PM forever. They would be forced to negotiate their punishment(if they are guilty) to get out of peace mode. You know what that is? That is diplomacy. And you, sir, make absolutely ZERO sense.[/quote]
You fail to understand our opponent here. We [b]do[/b], because they [b]were[/b] us.

Edit: You also missed the second part of my post entirely. Good job.

Edited by Arrnea

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308643387' post='2737045']
Actually, that's because Polar told them to. I would dig up logs, but I'm honestly not sure I even have them anymore.
[/quote]

That's news to me! Please have a look and drop me a PM if you find them. As I recall it actually caused quite a strain on our relations at the time.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308636093' post='2736928']
Again, where did you hear that time constraints where why we didn't talk to IAA? [b]This is plainly incorrect[/b].

We didn't talk to IAA because of the reception we got from them and their wayward protectorate the [b]last[/b] time we had to talk to them about NsO.
[/quote]

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308636538' post='2736937']
More like because someone in IAA leaked the discussion to NsO and "asking IAA to talk to their protectorate about wayward behavior of their members" somehow turned into NsO accusing us of "trying to get their allies to drop them".

Nice try though.
[/quote]

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308637185' post='2736952']
You missed the part where their protectorate proceeded to accuse of something that we absolutely did not do, possibly because of what IAA told them (or else because they just decided to accuse us of doing it for their own reasons).
[/quote]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UOC31v7C1xI/RnyiAosJj-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/VcMvZWTHsdg/s320/holes+3.jpg[/img]
[size="3"]If I were you I would stop digging.[/size]

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1308643890' post='2737054']
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UOC31v7C1xI/RnyiAosJj-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/VcMvZWTHsdg/s320/holes+3.jpg[/img]
[size="3"]If I were you I would stop digging.[/size]
[/quote]
But I'm mining gold! :awesome:

[quote name='Ippikiryu' timestamp='1308644087' post='2737058']Play Minecraft :awesome:[/quote]
There are better ways to play with primitive construction bricks. We might even get the chance soon, if what Hereno's implying comes to pass. :v:

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1308643684' post='2737051']
Did they? Are you 100% sure? Interesting :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure we in GATO were voting on following IAA in on that side and then the script was flipped all of a sudden. I'll look and see what I can find.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308644254' post='2737060']
There are better ways to play with primitive construction bricks. We might even get the chance soon, if what Hereno's implying comes to pass. :v:
[/quote]

That signature you have, does it relate to Sakura the current applicant flying our AA?

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1308645573' post='2737064']
That signature you have, does it relate to Sakura the current applicant flying our AA?
[/quote]
Clearly it does, SOS is just a Grey Council puppet who seeks to steal our Bacon and enforce Prohibition.

They must be stopped :war:

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1308645573' post='2737064']That signature you have, does it relate to Sakura the current applicant flying our AA?[/quote]
We have no beef with Sakura of Kurayami. It is unfortunate that this joke bears a remarkably similar name to the Lady of Kurayami.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1308634362' post='2736868']
And you didn't bother going to IAA?
[/quote]
I went to IAA first.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308634595' post='2736875']
Again, hit us up on IRC if you'd like to know [b]why[/b] that didn't happen.
[/quote]
I think Rena was talking about what I was talking about, the last time an incident sprung up. Which as you can see I addressed above.

[quote name='Tohru' timestamp='1308634640' post='2736878']
That incident being completely bogus (can't believe you got me to partially agree with you on that for awhile, either)
[/quote]
I got you to agree with me because I appealed to the last shreds of decency you had left; I'm quite persuasive when dealing with decent people.

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1308634799' post='2736884']
^ this

Won't happen though. Someone has an agenda going on, which is a real shame, because I very much doubt SOS has the stomach to battle it out on its own against NsO.
[/quote]
We will battle for as long as it takes to accomplish what we set out to do. We came into this war with a goal and plan and will act that out.

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1308635874' post='2736925']
Do I have to spell it out for you? Myrhh was a member of RIA who left and went to help form SOS and she made RIA have babies with SOS to bring birth to the SOS-RIA treaty we see today.
[/quote]
Myrrh was actually still in RIA when we signed our treaty. :P We'd been around for a while before she came over.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308637464' post='2736959']
Lol, so this small alliance doesnt get away with testing y our patience? How convenient.
[/quote]
Unless you were completely unconnected within your own bloc, you should know why that never happened. But by all means, keep grasping at straws.

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1308637833' post='2736962']
It's not just any treaty, it's [s]a protectorate[/s] an MDoAP. Given what I know about RIA, this is not entirely unexpected or bad for either of them.

Edit: treaty status
[/quote]
Good thing you edited, I was about to slap you. :P

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1308643173' post='2737042']
Lol, they ditched Polar and STA after joining the said side, that was even before Polar and co ditched rest of the coalition.
[/quote]

Still they [b]did[/b] fight for Polaris and they did a good job. Of the eight alliances hitting iFOK they were the only one who could bring us the pain.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308643067' post='2737040']
We had every reason to believe (through past experience) that talking to IAA would do nothing other than alert NsO to our plans and allow them to escape to peace mode, thus denying our ability to combat them effectively.
[/quote]
And that may well have been the case. But to forsake any kind of diplomatic resolution and charge headlong into war is rather foolish. Sometimes it pays to be the bigger man and hash things out diplomatically. Especially when dealing with a protectorate situation. Obviously you guys have the backing of your allies and you feel confident in your ability to come out on top, otherwise you wouldn't have gone to war. But sometimes it pays to be patient and let people dig their own grave. By foregoing any diplomatic discussion on the topic with their protectors, you give the appearance of foolhardiness and recklessness.

Having said that, I would not begrudge you your war in this case. Alleged poaching and spying have been used as CB's for many a war. So enjoy your war, but think about siding closer to patience and caution in the future. Having a reputation as a reckless alliance who declares war where diplomacy could have solved the problem is not the kind of reputation that will draw people to your alliance or your cause.

[quote name='Dan2680' timestamp='1308633916' post='2736850']
I find it very funny that people are down playing poaching...

...snip...

I can guarentee without a doubt, anyone who has said this would throw a HUGE FIT if their members were being poached. Maybe they offered incentives? Who knows? All I know is poaching is completely unacceptable... seriously dont be stupid.
[/quote]
Such a horrible offense that you'll stand on the sideline and cheer for your lil friends! How adorable. I mean, it's not like you have a treaty that you could honor and defend them militarily.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308638865' post='2736977']
For the record, the New Sakura Order may be populated by people who are largely anime fans, but they are [b]not[/b] an anime alliance.

They're an April Fools' Day joke gone mad.
[/quote]
I have to agree, this sounds like pure animosity. They're not a TRUE anime alliance! We're the only ones who are real. They don't do things our way, so they're wrong!

I hope this expands. It'll be fun to hit some SOS blood again.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308638865' post='2736977']
For the record, the New Sakura Order may be populated by people who are largely anime fans, but they are [b]not[/b] an anime alliance.

They're an April Fools' Day joke gone mad.
[/quote]

What's this, Ãœberanime feelings? Gosh, where did you claim the sole rights of starting up a cosplayer alliance?

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308650234' post='2737090']What's this, Ãœberanime feelings? Gosh, where did you claim the sole rights of starting up a cosplayer alliance?[/quote]
No, I mean by definition of their theme. Their theme is "sakura", ie. cherry blossoms, which invokes images of sitting under the cherry trees, drinking sake... which is a [b]Japanese[/b] theme, not an exclusively [b]anime[/b] one. There is a difference here.