An Announcement From Dos Equis

[quote name='recockulova' timestamp='1305010755' post='2709519']
If Fark had your history, we'd actively try to forget it, too.
[/quote]
He's talking about stuff he's never remembered because he wasn't there, and never had a chance to find out about it.

Seriously. There are 17 nations left total whose alliance seniority dates to before when TPF joined Continuum, and 14 nations left who joined TPF before the Unjust War (which is when alliance seniority was implemented, so it's impossible to track exactly when they joined). The founding triumvirate of TPF was Slayer (gone from CN), Geopet (gone from CN), and TimLee (a member of GATO). Wingwhiper, the other founder of TF!, is also gone from CN. The other founding triumvirs of COLD (TimLee was there too) are The Big Bad (now in Exodus) and TDA (gone from CN).

Holding a grudge against TPF for these guys makes about as much sense as holding a grudge against NpO for NAAC.

You want to hold a grudge against TimLee? It's insane. But he's still here, over in GATO.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1305003945' post='2709494']
I think that's the point in that we've all pissed off people in the distant past, whether intentional or not, and that everyone holding on to their grudges is pointless. Nobody in CN is completely innocent, and scolding others while ignoring their own faults is pretty ignorant.
[/quote]

It is humorous to see this, coming in a bloc announcement with Fark. I like Fark but they hold onto grudges better and for longer than probably anyone else in the game, I think they'd probably say as much themselves.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1305009534' post='2709517']

Good luck sparta, mha, fark, rr. Seriously if you hold a dire grudge on us y'all need to get over it, because we're at the point we don't have enough people active from that long ago to even remember what you're talking about.
[/quote]

We don't have any grudges on you at all. It was some of your members that brought up things that happened in the past.

I mentioned here many times that holding grudges is not a smart thing to do, because 2 things: 1- Nobody is perfect and people can change 2- You never know in which position you will be in the future, therefore to keep enemies does no good to anyone.

PS. You and your members are welcome to visit our forums and you can shoot me a PM here or on IRC whenever you want.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1305029890' post='2709566']
It is humorous to see this, coming in a bloc announcement with Fark. I like Fark but they hold onto grudges better and for longer than probably anyone else in the game, I think they'd probably say as much themselves.
[/quote]

We are all students of history. Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1305034458' post='2709590']
We are all students of history. Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.[/quote]

I've used variations on that phrase so many times in these forums that it should be in my sig and trademarked. <_<

I also respect the hell out of Fark. They've earned that respect over a period of years. Indeed it is fair to say that without Fark, I would not be here.

But guys and gals...surely you have something else to complain about that is more relevant to 2011. If those that left for TF! were genuinely that unhappy, why would you want them around? Even if it is as they said and they attempted to recruit members away later on, that was like...4 years ago. Don't become one of these half-senile idiots that is still arguing and butthurt over GW I. You're better far than that.

Someone points out the irony of an individuals AA, TPF, because of the grief one member of theirs gave the entire bloc about their perceived actions of two alliances and now Fark is the one holding a "grudge." lol.
HOW DARE YOU Farkistan!

History lessons are the things that make you nod knowingly when the knuckledraggers in GOONs and PC preemptively attack NPO without a CB. Only n00bs think history isn't relevant to 2011. Far too much is forgotten in this game, imo.

As for the turnover in TPF, well, if the joiners want the AA, they get the baggage that comes with it. I haven't seen anything which shows me that they've started regularly douching since their Continuum/UJP days.

There's a whole world out there to be friendly with. Alliances whose major historical antecedents include !@#$ting on Fark remain ensconced at the bottom of the list of people I'd like to roll with.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1305062652' post='2709745']
Someone points out the irony of an individuals AA, TPF, because of the grief one member of theirs gave the entire bloc about their perceived actions of two alliances and now Fark is the one holding a "grudge." lol.
HOW DARE YOU Farkistan!
[/quote]
Yea, I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. This was all started when TPF called someone a back-stabber. People were just pointing out the irony.

[quote name='recockulova' timestamp='1305087965' post='2709975']
History lessons are the things that make you nod knowingly when the knuckledraggers in GOONs and PC preemptively attack NPO without a CB. Only n00bs think history isn't relevant to 2011. Far too much is forgotten in this game, imo.

As for the turnover in TPF, well, if the joiners want the AA, they get the baggage that comes with it. I haven't seen anything which shows me that they've started regularly douching since their Continuum/UJP days.

There's a whole world out there to be friendly with. Alliances whose major historical antecedents include !@#$ting on Fark remain ensconced at the bottom of the list of people I'd like to roll with.
[/quote]

PC was on the VE-NpO front

you must be thinking of either MK or Umbrella

anyway, one reason to always want to bring up history guys is because it is doomed to repeat itself

[OOC]This is why we look to the many similarities between Napoleon and Hitler or even the glory of the Roman Empire and the British/American Empires]

Looks like we have a new strongest bloc on CN.
Schattenmann will be around shortly to complain about whatever you do. [size="1"](I wish, he has already complained about VE in this thread...)[/size]

This is an awesome bloc guys. I wish you good luck.

Edited by leprecon

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1305141174' post='2710197']
Looks like we have a new strongest bloc on CN.
Schattenmann will be around shortly to complain about whatever you do. [size="1"](I wish, he has already complained about VE in this thread...)[/size]
[/quote]
You and I both know that Schatt will be too busy doing other things with his mouth when they are around to complain about them.