STA Announcement

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1303932306' post='2700509']

As I recall, the demands came during the war, not before. What was Invicta supposed to do, leave their front because they didn't like the demands on the Valhalla-STA front?
[/quote]

Yea they could have done EXACTLY that. They had the chance, and were told if they wanted to they could. They did not. Invicta not only stayed in and backed the above apology term but were willing to back The Legions crazy attempt at massive reps. Invicta are good little followers

Edited by chefjoe

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1303932535' post='2700511']
Yea they could have done EXACTLY that. They had the chance, and were told if they wanted to they could. They did not. Invicta not only stayed in and backed the above apology term but were willing to back The Legions crazy attempt at massive reps. Invicta are good little followers
[/quote]
My memory is hazy, and I'm just going off the wiki, which states that Invicta were engaged with SOLID, not STA. Why would they peace with SOLID because they didn't like the terms you were giving STA?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1303932306' post='2700509']
Whoa now, no need for that. He gave no indication of who it was. Regardless, be proud of who you are, own your past. ;)

As I recall, the demands came during the war, not before. What was Invicta supposed to do, leave their front because they didn't like the demands on the Valhalla-STA front?
[/quote]

He didnt have to. The whole of Bob knows about that surrender term and who was associated with it. Just another failed attempt at taking a shot at Valhalla while sucking up to their flavor of the month AA.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1303911032' post='2700328']
Heh. I was promoted to government BECAUSE of the ban. Chefjoe demanded an apology directly from me for embarrassing Valhalla by calling them out, so Tyga wrote it, and I sent it, and no one at Valhalla figured out that I couldn't have written it, as I don't speak British or Australian English. Then, and I believe it was in the same post as the terms, Tyga officially promoted Rakari and myself to government, as a "$%&@ you" to them.
[/quote]
Yes, I remember.

I suspect you would have been promoted anyway though eventually.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1303919684' post='2700385']
If I disliked your alliance, I would have been a pain in the ass. I assure you, I am more than capable of behaving as such.
[/quote]
I remember when Pezstar was in Legion gov. I can verify the truth of this claim firsthand :v:

As for the rest of that comment: not many people know the truth about what happened with Invicta & STA post-WotC, and I don't care to go into details here. But it's safe to say that you won't find the truth in offhand comments made people with no connection to either in this thread.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1303919393' post='2700381']
Thanks to all the well-wishers, and of course congratulations to pezstar. Her years of distinction make her a great choice.
[/quote]

Congrats Ragashingo well-deserved, heaven forbid if Tyga goes AWOL sometime in the future as pezstar might just decide to try and disband the alliance... i went there :P

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1303934874' post='2700525']
He didnt have to. The whole of Bob knows about that surrender term and who was associated with it. Just another failed attempt at taking a shot at Valhalla while sucking up to their flavor of the month AA.
[/quote]

STA is Invicta's flavour of the month? I really am out of the loop!

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303949711' post='2700708']
Yes, I remember.

I suspect you would have been promoted anyway though eventually.

I remember when Pezstar was in Legion gov. I can verify the truth of this claim firsthand :v:

As for the rest of that comment: not many people know the truth about what happened with Invicta & STA post-WotC, and I don't care to go into details here. But it's safe to say that you won't find the truth in offhand comments made people with no connection to either in this thread.
[/quote]

I don't think anything happened between our alliances. Ever. I can't recall any meaningful communication between our alliances.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1303954173' post='2700768']
I don't think anything happened between our alliances. Ever. I can't recall any meaningful communication between our alliances.
[/quote]

..but but Pez, Haf is being all cryptic and all knowing, I'm sure that it was really an invaluable relationship and you just forgot or something.

Congrats anyways on the promotions Pez, and Ragashingo.

p.s. I'm saddened that Joe and Bud fell for the obvious earlier in this thread. If only they weren't the only two people in Valhalla i can't even try to ban from a thread. <_<

[/quote]
Actually, the STA and Invicta held a PIAT-level treaty until its forced cancellation at the end of the WoTC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=7476

Edited by bzelger

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1303959591' post='2700832']
Actually, the STA and Invicta held a PIAT-level treaty until its forced cancellation at the end of the WoTC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=7476
[/quote]
I don't blame you for trying to forget that.

[/quote]
We were treaty partners up until the end of WotC, and Dawny worked with Tyga on this post: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=27012

You took over STA FA right around when that relationship was falling apart, but it was there.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303981936' post='2701018']
We were treaty partners up until the end of WotC, and Dawny worked with Tyga on this post: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=27012"]http://forums.cybern...showtopic=27012[/url]

You took over STA FA right around when that relationship was falling apart, but it was there.
[/quote]

'Tis amusing to look back over that thread and see the people praising my moralism back then.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1303987879' post='2701040']
The post was naive at best though.
[/quote]

It would have been naive had I actually believed it would work. I'll give you a 5 out of 10 for the redirect.

Part of me is sad to see this and part of me is excited for the next step for those promoted. Congratulations to pez and Ragashingo. Well deserved.

bzelger shall be missed extremely. Hope we still see him around but I know STA will thrive in the future.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1303919002' post='2700377']
No, it was just a tongue in cheek jab at Pezstar because I know how much she/he dislikes my alliance. Nothing more, nothing less.
[/quote]

It's cool. Despite what she seems to think, nobody really gives a $%&@ about Pezstar's opinions.