This Week in the Network

[quote name='ty345' timestamp='1303514655' post='2697152']
Pingu, you are aware the Schatt keeps the best information to himself, right?
[/quote]
Is this a sarcastic comment, or are you being serious here. I honestly can't tell.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, I hate to be so blunt with some of you mouth breathers, but after getting pushed around by Pacifica for so long and finally managing to overthrow them, you'd think you would learn from their mistakes in how they handled leaks.

But no, instead you get on here and play it off like no big deal. Either you're all trying to play us by acting cool while running your most comprehensive counter-espionage in the history of your alliance, or you're all colossal idiots for not recognizing a threat when it literally announces itself to you in public with a neon sign and pictures.

edit: ps, i'm betting on the latter.

Edited by hizzy

[quote name='ty345' timestamp='1303514655' post='2697152']
Pingu, you are aware the Schatt keeps the best information to himself, right?
[/quote]

Are you talking about the spy cam in the showers? That's mine actually. I'd have never thought Pingu was such a.... *blushes*

Edited by Letum

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1303516221' post='2697173']
honestly, I hate to be so blunt with some of you mouth breathers, [b]but after getting pushed around by Pacifica for so long and finally managing to overthrow them, you'd think you would learn from their mistakes in how they handled leaks.[/b]
But no, instead you get on here and play it off like no big deal. Either you're all trying to play us by acting cool while running your most comprehensive counter-espionage in the history of your alliance, or you're all colossal idiots for not recognizing a threat when it literally announces itself to you in public with a neon sign and pictures.

[/quote]
Was ODN even "pushed around by Pacifica" at all? I'm talking post-UJW and during the era of Q. ODN, I suggest you just dump this stupid apology term and get a peace deal done. The war prolonging doesn't help your PR, if you care.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303516827' post='2697189']
Was ODN even "pushed around by Pacifica" at all? I'm talking post-UJW and during the era of Q. ODN, I suggest you just dump this stupid apology term and get a peace deal done. The war prolonging doesn't help your PR, if you care.
[/quote]

I'm sure our government and General Assembly will give your suggestion precisely the amount of consideration it warrants.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303516827' post='2697189']
Was ODN even "pushed around by Pacifica" at all? I'm talking post-UJW and during the era of Q.
[/quote]

Yeah actually they were. The only reason they weren't rolled was the MDP with Polar, and NPO put significant pressure on Polar over that.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303520899' post='2697260']
Silly me, you're right. Meatshileds don't need meatshieds of their own.
[/quote]
ftfy

Also, who are we meatshielding for this time? Our dizzying lack of independence makes it difficult to tell, but with paragons of intelligence and logic such as yourself afoot, we figured we could let you just fill in the details. :)

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1303521066' post='2697264']
ftfy

Also, who are we meatshielding for this time? Our dizzying lack of independence makes it difficult to tell, but with paragons of intelligence and logic such as yourself afoot, we figured we could let you just fill in the details. :)
[/quote]
Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1303520176' post='2697242']
Care to elborate?
[/quote]
Idk if it has changed for the worse, but it was either $400 million or $200 million and a Shakesperean poem on why Sardonic is great or something stupid like that. Something around those numbers.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1303520755' post='2697255']
Yeah actually they were. The only reason they weren't rolled was the MDP with Polar, and NPO put significant pressure on Polar over that.
[/quote]
They weren't rolled and never disbanded or received terms like MK, CnG, STA, GATO, IAA, CSN, BLEU, Polar, GPA, NoV, etc, etc did. They could have sided with NpO in WoTC, but cancelled the treaty and went on to win a curbstomp.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1303516221' post='2697173']
honestly, I hate to be so blunt with some of you mouth breathers, but after getting pushed around by Pacifica for so long and finally managing to overthrow them, you'd think you would learn from their mistakes in how they handled leaks.

[/quote]
Wait...we were spied on? I thought this thread was about Schatt.

Edited by Yankees Empire

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303521482' post='2697270']
They weren't rolled and never disbanded or received terms like MK, CnG, STA, GATO, IAA, CSN, BLEU, Polar, GPA, NoV, etc, etc did. They could have sided with NpO in WoTC, but cancelled the treaty and went on to win a curbstomp.
[/quote]

They weren't rolled, but not for lack of NPO trying. Then they cancelled the treaty with Polar and that was a disgusting move, but they moved on and became awesome.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303521482' post='2697270']
Idk if it has changed for the worse, but it was either $400 million or $200 million and a Shakesperean poem on why Sardonic is great or something stupid like that. Something around those numbers.

[/quote]
Oh yeah i remember it now thanks.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1303542065' post='2697573']
Wait...we were spied on?
[/quote]

Based on the majority of ongoing conversation you would never know. What's most troubling to some is not the espionage admittedly committed against ODN but rather ODN's reactions to the messaging of their applicants and interactions with their protectorate. Somehow CoJ's conduct is more excusable than ODN's here. :wacko:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1303576606' post='2697792']
Based on the majority of ongoing conversation you would never know. What's most troubling to some is not the espionage admittedly committed against ODN but rather ODN's reactions to the messaging of their applicants and interactions with their protectorate. Somehow CoJ's conduct is more excusable than ODN's here. :wacko:
[/quote]
Schattenmann is nothing more than a simple journalist. If dissident members of the Network choose to give him a juicy story, can you really expect that he won't write about it?

I just discovered this. I secretly enjoyed TWiP (you !@#$%^&!!) and this was a fun read as well.

And for those of you who loved Schatt back then and are all butthurt now, get over it. What goes around comes around. It's the cycle of Planet Bob and if you think you are immune, then you deserve this little bite in the butt.

Keep writing Schatt!

[size="1"]Edited by Rachel, therapist[/size]

I highly doubt that you secretly enjoyed TWiP. It was one thing of many that brought down your alliance. And if I've learned anything in the 4+ years I've been here, it's that the NPO doesn't have a sense of humor when it comes to alliance security issues.

Please let Schatt do your propaganda, he's at least competent. Sir Paul sucks at it as well as the Vortex guy.

edit: :blink: I mean 4

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303583678' post='2697872']
Schattenmann is nothing more than a simple journalist. If dissident members of the Network choose to give him a juicy story, can you really expect that he won't write about it?
[/quote]

"dissident members"? So that's what someone sent over in the middle of a war to spy is called these days.
I remember when they used to be called... spies.

And we'll make sure to supply many more (orange) "juicy stories", afterall we aim to please.