This Week in the Network

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1303617444' post='2698209']
No, actually, I'm one of the founders of Red Dawn who decided to give NPO another chance and came to really like you and your alliance. When I joined NPO, I found out that you had simply used me, like you're using Schattenmann, and had no respect or liking for me. Thus why the 'you're just closed-minded!' retort doesn't really work here, and why I'm cynical when you claim to respect Schatt. You'll never trust someone who associated so closely with Electron Sponge.
[/quote]

Right. Whatever you say. I think the operative word here is "associated," past tense, as in over two years ago. Perhaps you hold grudges that long, but life is too short for me to do so, especially on Planet Bob (when the world as we know it can change in a week or even a day).

[size="1"]Edited by Steve, nurse[/size]

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1303617979' post='2698217']
Right. Whatever you say. I think the operative word here is "associated," past tense, as in over two years ago. Perhaps you hold grudges that long, but life is too short for me to do so, especially on Planet Bob (when the world as we know it can change in a week or even a day).

[size="1"]Edited by Steve, nurse[/size]
[/quote]

When you have a years-long history of treating people (including some of your closest allies) like they mean nothing to you, then burn one of the few people who is prepared to give you a chance post-Karma in the ultimate display of contempt and callousness, don't expect me to make the same mistake twice. You behave no differently now than you did in late 2009/early 2010 when I knew you.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1303618778' post='2698228']
When you have a years-long history of treating people (including some of your closest allies) like they mean nothing to you, then burn one of the few people who is prepared to give you a chance post-Karma in the ultimate display of contempt and callousness, don't expect me to make the same mistake twice. You behave no differently now than you did in late 2009/early 2010 when I knew you.
[/quote]

You know, there's a part of me that thinks you're investing your energy into an overblown grudge just to make yourself feel better. Sorry for being harsh, but you need to grow a pair and stop taking being kicked out as if it's psychological torture. All these elaborate schemes of people being "used" and "manipulated" and "thrown away" are !@#$%^&*. We have better things to do with our time than playing silly mind games with random people, and the Order has repeatedly proven perfectly capable of welcoming former enemies into its ranks.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1303613843' post='2698164']
I know talking about "being in peace mode" is passé, but when an alliance of eighteen has only two members not in peace mode, they can hardly be doing an "alarming" rate of damage. Especially since they started out as an alliance of thirty-two. <_<
[/quote]

Wait, they were at 32 at the start of the war? A near-50% rate of attrition seems a lot more interesting than anything I read in the OP.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1303618778' post='2698228']
[/quote]

You earned your expulsion; your posturing and deflecting blame changes nothing. You were given more chances than almost any other former member,and you chose to ignore what was asked of you. Your choices resulted in your expulsion, nothing or no one else. Now move on, get a life and enjoy Planet Bob. And Letum is right, our acceptance of former enemies into our ranks and having them work out well and rise up in ranks speaks more volumes than your petty grudge for having broken our rules to the point of expulsion. That is all.

This thread is not about your being butt-hurt; it is about Schatt's celebration of ODN! Time to eat, drink and be merry!

[size="1"]Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1303613843' post='2698164']
I know talking about "being in peace mode" is passé, but when an alliance of eighteen has only two members not in peace mode, they can hardly be doing an "alarming" rate of damage. Especially since they started out as an alliance of thirty-two. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img][/quote]
I was referring to their political defenses. ^_^

Even so, I don't doubt that Schatt's small-but-well-learned-in-the-art-of-war group is doing sustained damage to any ODN nations that get thrown into the meat grinder. Perhaps not "alarming" damage, but enough to keep ODN on their feet.

Edited by Hadrian

It wasn't really worth blowing your spies' cover for this.

(OOC: Also, your Photobucket account is out of bandwidth.)

Selling tech to an alliance at war is assisting its war effort, though, for sure. Aren't ODN whining about people buying tech from Methrage over in another thread?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1303617444' post='2698209']
No, actually, I'm one of the founders of Red Dawn who decided to give NPO another chance and came to really like you and your alliance. When I joined NPO, I found out that you had simply used me, like you're using Schattenmann, and had no respect or liking for me. Thus why the 'you're just closed-minded!' retort doesn't really work here, and why I'm cynical when you claim to respect Schatt. You'll never trust someone who associated so closely with Electron Sponge.
[/quote]
Kalasin, I love ya, but the difference between you and I is that I have not grown a gushing heart for NPO as you did post-Vox. We are on the sphere so we work together, CoJ had an optiona treaty and this war goes against everything we believe so here we are, but NPO and me/CoJ are not BFFs. There is an element of use on both ends of our relationship, if it ends it'll just end. We told you not to join NPO :P

[quote name='SADeki' timestamp='1303623628' post='2698298']
Wait, they were at 32 at the start of the war? A near-50% rate of attrition seems a lot more interesting than anything I read in the OP.
[/quote]
We had an issue of two types of members pre-war, now we don't ;)

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1303629624' post='2698335']
I tried to read this, but alas.
[/quote]
[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1303647080' post='2698417']
Too much to read, but I'm sure it's amusing.

HOWEVER SCHATT! I think I see more photobucket symbols then I do words and this amuses me
[/quote]
Yeah, I'll try to fix the images later this afternoon, sorry ^_^

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1303624784' post='2698312']
You earned your expulsion; your posturing and deflecting blame changes nothing. You were given more chances than almost any other former member,and you chose to ignore what was asked of you. Your choices resulted in your expulsion, nothing or no one else. Now move on, get a life and enjoy Planet Bob. And Letum is right, our acceptance of former enemies into our ranks and having them work out well and rise up in ranks speaks more volumes than your petty grudge for having broken our rules to the point of expulsion. That is all.

[b]This thread is not about your being butt-hurt; it is about Schatt's celebration of ODN! Time to eat, drink and be merry!
[/b]

[size="1"]Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]
[/quote]
Yeah, seriously Moo. Stop stealing our evil thunder!

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1303667582' post='2698566']
Yeah, seriously Moo. Stop stealing our evil thunder!
[/quote]
It's not my fault I can't post without someone hijacking the thread and making it about NPO; I can't help it if we're the center of the Cyberverse. :P

Here...enjoy a beer!

[size="1"]Edited by Rachel, therapist[/size]

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303655445' post='2698462']
We had an issue of two types of members pre-war, now we don't ;)
[/quote]
Those who liked war, and those who liked staying in peace mode? :v:

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1303685551' post='2698775']
the only thing I'm getting from this thread now is that apparently Moo has 2 professional ladies doing the talking for him and i'm inclined to ask for pictures.
[/quote]
Wonder of Cortath will also be recieving his two free ladies to type for him as per the NPO Emperor Retirement guidelines or if Moo has hijacked all the wimminz

also, ODN u iz immoral or something

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1303697837' post='2698924']
Where are the logs/screens of CoJ threatening ODNs protectorate?
[/quote]

they've already been posted but it's easy to miss cause they're disguised like someone simply informing a rather ignorant party about general policies on Planet Bob.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303655445' post='2698462']
Kalasin, I love ya, but the difference between you and I is that I have not grown a gushing heart for NPO as you did post-Vox. We are on the sphere so we work together, CoJ had an optiona treaty and this war goes against everything we believe so here we are, but NPO and me/CoJ are not BFFs. There is an element of use on both ends of our relationship, if it ends it'll just end. We told you not to join NPO :P
[/quote]

Well at least you're not as naive as I was. You'd actually dealt with NPO pre-Karma though, whereas I'd never experienced what they're like firsthand. I'm glad you haven't completely lost your head :P

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1303723112' post='2699098']
Well at least you're not as naive as I [s]was[/s] am. You'd actually dealt with NPO pre-Karma though, whereas I'd never experienced what they're like firsthand. I'm glad you haven't completely lost your head :P
[/quote]

Not even NPO wanted you?! That's too bad.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1303629624' post='2698335']
I tried to read this, but alas.
[/quote]
[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1303646063' post='2698412']
It wasn't really worth blowing your spies' cover for this.
(OOC: Also, your Photobucket account is out of bandwidth.)
Selling tech to an alliance at war is assisting its war effort, though, for sure. Aren't ODN whining about people buying tech from Methrage over in another thread?
[/quote]
[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1303647080' post='2698417']
Too much to read, but I'm sure it's amusing.
HOWEVER SCHATT! I think I see more photobucket symbols then I do words and this amuses me
[/quote]
Alrighty, the images are fixed. The conversion to HD in the two years since TWiP was a bit of a shock to the signal carrier.

Programming note, TWiN has moved to a new time slot, keep your eyes peeled.