[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1302583037' post='2689208']
So they should cancel on Argent and treaty you? Sounds brilliant!

Holy crap, I'm agreeing with a couple of Penkala's posts. :mellow:
[/quote]

Disregard tech.
Acquire Haflinger

Sounds fair.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302556307' post='2688744']
SF is now a bloc of 4 alliances, perhaps soon 3.
[/quote]

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302579614' post='2689098']
SF is a shell of its former self. It has 4 alliances... probably soon to be 3.
[/quote]

I might be a bit out of the loop, but which alliance is supposed to be leaving next?

[quote name='Thunder Strike' timestamp='1302600064' post='2689326']
I might be a bit out of the loop, but which alliance is supposed to be leaving next?
[/quote]

Wow, you [i]are[/i] out of the loop.

[quote]This translator is amazing... I never realized what a fan of GOD you were, Penk. [/quote]

I'm sorry to see that you're so desperate for my approval that you'll edit my words. Unfortunately, I [i]don't[/i] approve of what GOD (or SF) is doing. You're the only major bloc that's been consistently [i]losing[/i] members for a year. You're a joke.

Edited by Penkala

In all seriousness:

SF is a shell of its former self. It has 4 alliances... probably soon to be 3. The bloc's been plagued by inconsistent FA directions and serious mismanagement for some time now. The leadership -- and the world -- has watched as the vast majority of nations have left the bloc.

SF will soon be politically irrelevant. It's not the same SF I was proud to be a member of. There's a reason I left the bloc. For some reason, they still retain a large portion of undeserved influence and respect. But soon enough people will realize that SF -- despite being a past powerhouse -- is no bigger or stronger than most of the others blocs out there. In fact, SF is significantly undergunned. Most nations retain extremely small warchests, few have any experience or training, and their tech ratios are terrible. They're extremely slow builders and generally fairly inactive alliances.

SF is extremely overrated, and I think the first war that they are on the losing end of will show that most of SF is average at best.
[/quote]
I was going to write a well-reasoned reply to this, but then I realized who I was talking to. If anyone actually cares about my opinion on the subject please let me know. Instead...

u mad, brah?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302609623' post='2689370']
Wow, you [i]are[/i] out of the loop.

I'm sorry to see that you're so desperate for my approval that you'll edit my words. Unfortunately, I [i]don't[/i] approve of what GOD (or SF) is doing. You're the only major bloc that's been consistently [i]losing[/i] members for a year. You're a joke.
[/quote]
I hear the best way to judge a bloc is by how many members it has, c/d?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302534844' post='2688566']
Log dumps from me inebriated after getting home at 5am from a long night abroad from Il Impero Romano are certainly indicative of my person. Thank you for exposing this earth shattering development to the world, now justice will surely be swift.
[/quote]

I've seen worse (done worse :gag:).

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302585476' post='2689233']
Uh, nowhere did I say they should treaty with us.

Actually my own opinion is that most alliances have far too many treaty partners, especially at the MDP+ level.
[/quote]
It was a joke. :facepalm:

In all seriousness:

SF is a shell of its former self. It has 4 alliances... probably soon to be 3. The bloc's been plagued by inconsistent FA directions and serious mismanagement for some time now. The leadership -- and the world -- has watched as the vast majority of nations have left the bloc.

SF will soon be politically irrelevant. It's not the same SF I was proud to be a member of. There's a reason I left the bloc. For some reason, they still retain a large portion of undeserved influence and respect. But soon enough people will realize that SF -- despite being a past powerhouse -- is no bigger or stronger than most of the others blocs out there. In fact, SF is significantly undergunned. Most nations retain extremely small warchests, few have any experience or training, and their tech ratios are terrible. They're extremely slow builders and generally fairly inactive alliances.

SF is extremely overrated, and I think the first war that they are on the losing end of will show that most of SF is average at best.
[/quote]

SF had its heyday in 2009. Monos Archein joined the bloc in January, SF was on the winning side in the Karma War and CSN joined the bloc in August. Declining numbers of member nations within most of the alliances in SF after that took a toll even as total NS climbed. The beginning of the end was clearly the quiet withdrawal of Fark, which took about half of SF's strength with it.

I have watched SF's decline on and off again for some time. It's not been a happy vigil. Whatever political differences Valhalla has had with individual member alliances in the past, I did spend a fair amount of time at Ragnarok and hoped that the bloc would expand into something that constituted more than "Xiph, Hoo, and their buddies". SF with 3-4 alliances isn't SF, even if it is wearing the logo. Whatever respect that SF had, it earned. If the remnants still garner support and influence, it is because of what was and the fact that the individual alliances still their have their own gravitas. You don't have to like Xiph, but his alliance always has something working and on Planet Bob if you aren't working something behind the scenes (new treaties, new friendships, reinforcing existing relationships, some new objective), you are likely the next item on the menu.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1302610461' post='2689374']
I hear the best way to judge a bloc is by how many members it has, c/d?
[/quote]
c
Continuum, 12, best bloc. Bastion, 3, tie for worst bloc. Doomhouse, 3, tie for worst, second place for least influential.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302618299' post='2689416']
SF had its heyday in 2009. Monos Archein joined the bloc in January, SF was on the winning side in the Karma War and CSN joined the bloc in August. Declining numbers of member nations within most of the alliances in SF after that took a toll even as total NS climbed. The beginning of the end was clearly the quiet withdrawal of Fark, which took about half of SF's strength with it.

I have watched SF's decline on and off again for some time. It's not been a happy vigil. Whatever political differences Valhalla has had with individual member alliances in the past, I did spend a fair amount of time at Ragnarok and hoped that the bloc would expand into something that constituted more than "Xiph, Hoo, and their buddies". SF with 3-4 alliances isn't SF, even if it is wearing the logo. Whatever respect that SF had, it earned. If the remnants still garner support and influence, it is because of what was and the fact that the individual alliances still their have their own gravitas. You don't have to like Xiph, but his alliance always has something working and on Planet Bob if you aren't working something behind the scenes (new treaties, new friendships, reinforcing existing relationships, some new objective), you are likely the next item on the menu.
[/quote]
"SF with 3-4 alliances isn't SF." Do you even read what you write? So SuperFriends wasn't SuperFriends until Rok joined, right? Before then it didn't even really exist. Then, when ASC merged into Rok SF ceased being SF for a few months until RnR come aboard. This is the stupidest thing I've read in this thread, and by god is that saying something. You're just bitter about having lost to AlterEgo in WPE and are trying to make people regret their votes, aren't you?

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1302623538' post='2689485']
"SF with 3-4 alliances isn't SF." Do you even read what you write? So SuperFriends wasn't SuperFriends until Rok joined, right? Before then it didn't even really exist. Then, when ASC merged into Rok SF ceased being SF for a few months until RnR come aboard. This is the stupidest thing I've read in this thread, and by god is that saying something. You're just bitter about having lost to AlterEgo in WPE and are trying to make people regret their votes, aren't you?
[/quote]

Wow i think you missed his point but you did make me laugh with that last bit. SF being the longest standing bloc still active has seen better days. With the current membership im sure they will attempt to rebound in spite of recent setbacks. It will be interesting to watch.

"SF with 3-4 alliances isn't SF." Do you even read what you write? So SuperFriends wasn't SuperFriends until Rok joined, right? Before then it didn't even really exist. Then, when ASC merged into Rok SF ceased being SF for a few months until RnR come aboard. This is the stupidest thing I've read in this thread, and by god is that saying something. You're just bitter about having lost to AlterEgo in WPE and are trying to make people regret their votes, aren't you?[/quote]

I think you have some very good grounds for suing whatever elementary school in your nation that taught you to read for malpractice. :rolleyes:

[i]OOC: I find people who organize charts of others they don't like into a faux "competition" and then vote on them to be very, very sad and lacking in fresh air and exercise.[/i]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302634154' post='2689581']
I think you have some very good grounds for suing whatever elementary school in your nation that taught you to read for malpractice. :rolleyes:

[i]OOC: I find people who organize charts of others they don't like into a faux "competition" and then vote on them to be very, very sad and lacking in fresh air and exercise.[/i]
[/quote]
I think [i]you[/i] have some very good grounds for suing whatever elementary school in your nation that taught you to write for malpractice. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1302636833' post='2689594']
I'm going to sue both your elementary schools for teaching you to argue on the internet[/quote]

[img]http://files.sharenator.com/GMDC_TOUCHE_Sharenator_Moti_Posters-s355x453-79984-535.jpg[/img]

Fair enough. :lol1:

[/quote]

You've gone from quite a few influential alliances constituting a MAJOR political force in the game to... well... where you are today. 4 alliances with fewer members, nations that aren't up to par, and low activity levels. You haven't added a new member to the bloc in two years, and while others grow, SF continue to shrink.

These are just facts...

[quote]OOC: I find people who organize charts of others they don't like into a faux "competition" and then vote on them to be very, very sad and lacking in fresh air and exercise. [/quote]

Stop being a crybaby.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302738212' post='2690246']
You've gone from quite a few influential alliances constituting a MAJOR political force in the game to... well... where you are today. 4 alliances with fewer members, nations that aren't up to par, and low activity levels. You haven't added a new member to the bloc in two years, and while others grow, SF continue to shrink.

These are just facts...
[/quote]

Would you prefer we did things like CDT used to?

SF is not a revolving door.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1302739310' post='2690256']
Would you prefer we did things like CDT used to?

SF is not a revolving door.
[/quote]

Adding 1 person in 2 years wouldn't be considered a 'revolving door', no. CnG's added a couple people since you last added anyone. Then again, they're not just the decaying corpse of a once-great bloc.

SF values it's worth in how many alliances and nations are in it, how many pixels we have, and how good we are at the game. Yup, that's the bloc we were. For sure. Really. We care about that stuff. We do. Honest. I'm super cereal. For reals.

SF was started as an attempt to be the best bloc in the game. We care so much about how good our members are that we only invite the most powerful military alliances like ASC, RIA, and R+R.

lol.

For those of you who can't understand sarcasm, even in it's most obvious state, I'd like to let you know that SF could be just 3 micro alliances and would still be the same SF as far as I care, and as far as the real members of SF should care. That's what SF is about. The people who leave SF don't "get" SF. Superfriends are superfriends, we're in it to the end, good or bad. thick and thin, bacon and not-bacon. Leaving SF would never be on the table for a real member of SF. We let in a few too many alliances tbh and if people want to leave that's fine, but what SF is about is sticking together, not winning the game.

Edited by Dontasemebro

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302740005' post='2690266']
Adding 1 person in 2 years wouldn't be considered a 'revolving door', no. CnG's added a couple people since you last added anyone. Then again, they're not just the decaying corpse of a once-great bloc.
[/quote]
Once again: Clearly the merit of a bloc is determined by member count.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302740005' post='2690266']
[/quote]
If not then they're at least doing a pretty good impression of one.