Declaration of War

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1301082401' post='2676253']
Thing is, you cant just leave a war until you are finished in the war. Untill your objectives are complete, or you cannot fight anymore. Obviously NADC was not ready to leave when they were interested to see what terms you were offering. It could have just been curiosity since Goons was asking for reps from everyone else.
[/quote]

So they asked for terms to see if they could launch a "OMG HUGE REPS" moral outrage PR campaign?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1301068369' post='2676077']
I love all the whining about how NADC didn't accept white peace, TWICE! :laugh:
[/quote]

You have got to have the loosest definition of whining I've ever seen.
Every morning, I whine up and whine out of bed, then I whine to the bathroom and whine a shower. If I have enought time I'll even whine breakfast!

Good luck yo.

[quote name='Sealbhach' timestamp='1301083667' post='2676268']
When you consider how this war started in the first place, it doesn't suck at all. I feel more sorry for TOP, VE and FOK. This conflict may be the end of the civilisation we've carefully built up for years on Planet Bob. Think about what you're doing.

[/quote]

You're right. How will I ever live with myself? : /

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301084740' post='2676281']
This is what people don't seem to get. You aren't helping anymore. The few that were truly helping, are now out of the war because they got demolished.

Are you preventing anyone from attacking your treaty partner you came in to defend? No
Are you significant enough of a threat that your continued involvement will sway the course or outcome? No
Do you have the potential muscle or political muscle to remain a credible threat if "good" peace isn't received for your allies? No

At some point, you are better serving yourself (and your allies) with getting out with as much as you can hold onto intact. Live to fight another day, a day where the odds are more in your favor.

[/quote]Because they don't think like you is why I'm so thankful to have Avalon as good friends.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1301094981' post='2676409']
Because they don't think like you is why I'm so thankful to have Avalon as good friends.
[/quote]
They sure don't think like me. Irrationally stubborn isn't a quality I look for in people.

On the upside, in another year, and you still can't mount a credible defense...you'll know why. Stupidity, pure and simple stupidity.

I'm starting to almost feel bad for the kind of allies NPO has to put up with these days. Not a one of them can build their nations, plan a war, and few have the common sense to live to fight another day.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1301082401' post='2676253']
Thing is, you cant just leave a war until you are finished in the war. Untill your objectives are complete, or you cannot fight anymore. Obviously NADC was not ready to leave when they were interested to see what terms you were offering. It could have just been curiosity [i][b]since Goons was asking for reps from everyone else[/b][/i].
[/quote]
So they declined white peace because they wanted to confirm whether or not we were going to ask reps from people we weren't even fighting?

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301095618' post='2676421']
They sure don't think like me. Irrationally stubborn isn't a quality I look for in people.

On the upside, in another year, and you still can't mount a credible defense...you'll know why. Stupidity, pure and simple stupidity.

I'm starting to almost feel bad for the kind of allies NPO has to put up with these days. Not a one of them can build their nations, plan a war, and few have the common sense to live to fight another day.
[/quote]
Rebuilding becomes difficult when you end up in wars the enemy launches for no reason (cbless hit on NPO) and they greatly outnumber you every time. Then it is pretty ironic how you say not smart enough to live to fight another day, yet criticize pm strategy? Have any more propaganda highlights to tell us about? Maybe we smell funny too or arn't cool and switch sides fast enough.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1301096669' post='2676440']
Rebuilding becomes difficult when you end up in wars the enemy launches for no reason (cbless hit on NPO) and they greatly outnumber you every time. Then it is pretty ironic how you say not smart enough to live to fight another day, yet criticize pm strategy? Have any more propaganda highlights to tell us about? Maybe we smell funny too or arn't cool and switch sides fast enough.
[/quote]

If I thought there was any chance of them letting you get away with the PM "tactic", I might agree with you. Here's a hint, I don't think anyone is going to get away with it.

Hopefully you aren't implying we switched sides either, as a quick scan of our treaty list and the dates of those treaties should disabuse you of that notion. (Here's a hint, no treaty less than 2 years old has been used this series of wars).

Why wouldn't you use peace mode for your upper tiers when you are vastly outnumbered? It would be suicidel just to go all out, why would NPO/allies want to be totally curbstomped? It's certainly plausable that DH/allies would bring in more treaty partners and no doubt Argent are just waiting to get in on the action when NPO is weak enough, right?

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1301057761' post='2675995']
Silly Avalon don't you know the fastest way to winning a war is a single all out blitz?:smug:
[/quote]
Like everyone else on the other side of this war, Avalon's surrender is inevitable. If they come out of peace mode, their term negotiations will probably go better than if they just sat in it for the duration of this conflict.

Edited by Sithis

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301097942' post='2676468']
Why wouldn't you use peace mode for your upper tiers when you are vastly outnumbered? It would be suicidel just to go all out, why would NPO/allies want to be totally curbstomped? It's certainly plausable that DH/allies would bring in more treaty partners and no doubt Argent are just waiting to get in on the action when NPO is weak enough, right?
[/quote]

No one WANTS to be curbstomped. The choice isn't always yours. However, given the choice between sitting in peace mode until someone competent switches sides and rallies the troops enough for you to make a break for it, or taking your lumps and moving on, I'd go for the latter.

Yes, that is definitely our modus operandi. We always pick the weakest targets. Big cowards, the lot of us. :rolleyes:
If we wanted a piece of NPO, we'd have joined in the fun, thanks for asking.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301097942' post='2676468']
[/quote]

I think you're the person that mentioned the "NPO/allies" side had 4 more alliances at the ready to come in, from another thread I think. yeah that's you. nice avatar.

So wouldn't it be prudent for "DH/allies" side to prepare for 4 more alliance counters? Colour me ignorant of the "DH/allies" sides military planning and strategy details, but I sure do hope they have other allies at the ready.

e. clarity

Edited by FlogYou

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301099080' post='2676485']
No one WANTS to be curbstomped. The choice isn't always yours. However, given the choice between sitting in peace mode until someone competent switches sides and rallies the troops enough for you to make a break for it, or taking your lumps and moving on, I'd go for the latter.[/quote]

Didn't FAN mostly sit in peace mode for a while? Not as many alliances where involved but they didn't "take their lumps" and move on did they? They dragged it out for 2 years.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301099080' post='2676485']Yes, that is definitely our modus operandi. We always pick the weakest targets. Big cowards, the lot of us. :rolleyes:
If we wanted a piece of NPO, we'd have joined in the fun, thanks for asking.
[/quote]

Well you seem to come out in support of DH a lot of the time so I was under the impression you where maybe planning on doing something, if it's just all talk, that's fine too, just wanted to know which it was.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1301099417' post='2676492']
I think your the person that mentioned the "NPO/allies" side had 4 more alliances at the ready to come in, from another thread I think. yeah that's you. nice avatar.

So wouldn't it be prudent for "DH/allies" side to prepare for 4 more alliance counters? Colour me ignorant of the "DH/allies" sides military planning and strategy details, but I sure do hope they have other allies at the ready.
[/quote]

I never said they had 4 ready to counter, I said it was possible for them to.

Also, after that was said, DH brought in VE to the fight, so they are bringing more allies in [i]without[/i] counters, I don't quite get what you are saying here.

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301099521' post='2676494']
Didn't FAN mostly sit in peace mode for a while? Not as many alliances where involved but they didn't "take their lumps" and move on did they? They dragged it out for 2 years.

[/quote]

FAN didn't have the option to "take their lumps"

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301099521' post='2676494']
Didn't FAN mostly sit in peace mode for a while? Not as many alliances where involved but they didn't "take their lumps" and move on did they? They dragged it out for 2 years.[/quote]

Yes they did...until someone competent came along and broke them out of jail. Like I said.

Big differences between the two situations as well. Doomhouse fully intends to live up to their end of the bargain, 4 weeks of war, then peace. NPO wanted FAN to fight for 2 weeks and then discuss it...after attacking FAN while they were decommissioned militarily and supposedly under NPO protection.

[quote]

Well you seem to come out in support of DH a lot of the time so I was under the impression you where maybe planning on doing something, if it's just all talk, that's fine too, just wanted to know which it was. [/quote]

Argent is treatied to some of the alliances involved. I support the efforts to end this war sooner, rather than later. What we do, or don't do, all depends on how all of this plays out. In this case, I'm less defending DH/PB and more pointing out that NADC was irrational in their decisions to continue the war.
Pride and $6 will get you some coffee at one of Krymson's fine gentlemanly coffee shops. Living to get revenge is priceless.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301099080' post='2676485']
However, given the choice between sitting in peace mode until someone competent switches sides and rallies the troops enough for you to make a break for it, or taking your lumps and moving on, I'd go for the latter.
[/quote]

What exactly is "moving on" supposed to constitute in this context?

Doomhouse no longer having us as a target?
Doomhouse no longer considering us a threat?
Doomhouse no longer seeing our circle as "the opposition"?
Doomhouse no longer acting in its "national interest" without regard to who they screw over?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1301100266' post='2676510']
FAN didn't have the option to "take their lumps"
[/quote]

Fair enough, before my time so I wouldn't know much about it.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1301100302' post='2676512']
Doomhouse fully intends to live up to their end of the bargain, 4 weeks of war, then peace.
[/quote]

Until they decide NPO is becoming too big again right?