Clarification Request

The Landlord

Mixed Messages - or Not (See 1st Post)  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For Clarification

The Game update log of 4th March 2012 states

[quote]Congratulations to our Round 20 winners diego18 (1st), Nexus (2nd), and KillerCruiser (3rd) who each will receive the prizes as detailed on the Tournament Edition prizes screen. Winners may contact me via forum PM to claim their prizes.

[b]Cyber Nations Tournament Edition will remain offline for an undetermined period of time.
A notice will be placed here in the game update log when it is scheduled to return.[/b][/quote]

The DAILY message displayed for anyone visiting TE states

[quote]CN:TE has been taken down for maintenance on 3/9*/2012. [b]The site will be back online as soon as possible.[/b]
(* the date changes to the current date)[/quote]

In my opinion - The Game Update log's [b]"undetermined period of time"[/b] implies something completely different from the DAILY message on TE [b]"The site will be back online as soon as possible"[/b] - hence the Poll !

I would have posted the query on the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109539&pid=2935816&st=0"]Round 21 Delay[/url] thread but Admin closed it.

As a regular player I [size="4"][font="Times New Roman"][i]request[/i][/font][/size] Clarification - [b]if Possible[/b]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "down" page on the TE index uses some dynamic code that updates to the most recent day.

I think it would make more sense if that was set to when it was actually taken down, but i think it was designed for instances when downtime would be just a few hours, not a few days.

As for what is going on in TE, I'm of course interested in whats going on, I'm a little afraid that it might never come back, but if it doesn't, I guess its been a nice ride anyway.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1331310033' post='2935974']
[b]I think the "down" page on the TE index uses some dynamic code that updates to the most recent day.[/b]

I think it would make more sense if that was set to when it was actually taken down, but i think it was designed for instances when downtime would be just a few hours, not a few days.

As for what is going on in TE, I'm of course interested in whats going on, I'm a little afraid that it might never come back, but if it doesn't, I guess its been a nice ride anyway.
[/quote]

The bolded is correct. That page is generated by computer code and auto-updates the date for the current day. As per the update log, admin will post a notice stating when TE is back online.

[quote]Cyber Nations Tournament Edition will remain offline for an undetermined period of time.
A notice will be placed here in the game update log when [b]it is scheduled to return[/b].[/quote]

Emphasis Mine.

I don't know if I'm surprised or not that they haven't given any information to us..

Are they working on changes for TE? Switching servers? Taking it down?

Really, they won't give us any info on it. That doesn't spell "success!" to me no matter what they are doing.

I don't mind a break. Will be fresher if/when it starts up again, as opposed to just jumping into the new round every time. All the repetitive/constant play gets a little dull after a while. :v:

Hopefully the issues will work out soon enough. If not, thanks to admin/staff for trying, anyway. :P

Edited by Richard VII

Could we at least have a few days warning before the new round starts? For Real Life sakes? It would be much appreciated as I no longer need to log on every day!! Thank you!

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

whats the reason for the delay?

don't think there's any harm in letting the community know [i]something[/i] instead of the nothing provided so far.

if not saying anything was conscious decision, perhaps explaining why that is the road being taken? you guys want to surprise everyone with a super improved vastly different TE?

[quote name='d3mon' timestamp='1331567344' post='2937194']
So, what kind of downtime are we looking at? Weeks, Months, Forever??
[/quote]
Be careful with your posts. Moderation doesn't tell us what's going on, but they are very efficient at deleting our posts :D

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with CN:TE at this point. With membership waning the last few rounds and concerns that CN:TE is actually a drain on CN:Standard I'm going to give it some time before deciding next steps.

In my opinion TE has been a wonderful addition to Cyber Nations. It has allowed me to understand the game better than SE. It has challenges that can not be the same as SE with an ending. The additions in TE and changes in the game have been brilliant.

TE should be preserved and not thrown away because of posts or waning of the members who play. We all are human and creatures of habits, complain about our jobs, and what we can not change. Cyber Nations has a home run here with TE.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1331640451' post='2937560']
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with CN:TE at this point. With membership waning the last few rounds and concerns that CN:TE is actually a drain on CN:Standard I'm going to give it some time before deciding next steps.
[/quote]

I don't believe that CN:TE is a drain on CN:Standard. Life is a drain on all of CN. You built this game over 6 years ago. I've had nations for 5 of those years. We are never getting back to 30K+ Standard and 5K TE nations.

If you are looking for a new game to generate interest (and revenue) look up the source code for [url="http://sourceforge.net/projects/gbp/files/GB%2B/Galactic%20Bloodshed%20Server%206.0c/"]Galactic Bloodshed+[/url]. It's an early 90s game that needs to be brought to the web.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1331640451' post='2937560']
[/quote]
I dont think it is a strain on SE, Just if there is a big war. SE is more focused on because there is no end game in that. I would like to ask you to continue TE, Believe me, the alliance leaders of TE and members in general are working on getting more members here.

If there is anything we could do on out end. Let us know

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1331661512' post='2937691']
I dont think it is a strain on SE, Just if there is a big war. SE is more focused on because there is no end game in that. I would like to ask you to continue TE, Believe me, [B]the alliance leaders of TE[/b] and members in general are working on getting more members here.

If there is anything we could do on out end. Let us know
[/quote]

I agree and confirm this.

LE, although taking a round off, planned on coming back with a vengeance, I personally planned on bringing in more people from my SE AA, either to brush up or just have some more fun with them.

Please don't make it gowai forever :frantic:

I'm a new guy around these parts (only joined 100 days ago give or take) but I love SE and TE and was looking forward to doing my best in TE this round. :( Its got tons of advantages, and I gained a whole lot of experience I wouldn't have had the chance in the slower paced long-haul SE. True TE isn't for everybody, but it still generates interest even amongst the noobs like myself, and had hoped it would be around at least as long as its SE counterpart.
Save TE! :wub:

[quote name='Hoosierbud' timestamp='1331652306' post='2937628']
In my opinion TE has been a wonderful addition to Cyber Nations. It has allowed me to understand the game better than SE. It has challenges that can not be the same as SE with an ending. The additions in TE and changes in the game have been brilliant.

TE should be preserved and not thrown away because of posts or waning of the members who play. We all are human and creatures of habits, complain about our jobs, and what we can not change. Cyber Nations has a home run here with TE.
[/quote]
[img]http://z5.ifrm.com/5917/184/0/e25939//e25939.gif[/img]

I know so far as I'm concerned its actually been more of a way to promote activity and keep people in the game in general as newer members and older ones alike can learn how/practice the way war and nation building works in CN:SE without having to wait the months it generally takes in between alliance wars, growth and so forth :)