Open Address to the United Coalition of Nations

I make this address as the leader of a relatively unknown alliance called Cyber Revolutionaries. As a group of young nations we seek to avoid the public eye, but recently a situation has occurred that I felt like, after much consideration, should be addressed in a public forum for the benefit of all nations and alliances.

The Republic of Tejas was enjoying a national holiday this past weekend- ironically enough we were celebrating our military veterans. Upon my return from the holidays I was presented with these missives last night prior to addressing the Republic with a speech. These notes, or blackmail threats if you will, were delivered from nato12 of nenan directly to the Republic and stated the following:

To: Sam Houston From: nato12 Date: 5/31/2010 2:47:07 PM

Subject: alliance

Message: i would like to invite you to join the ucn united coalition of nations it is small and new but that gvives you a chance to become a high ranking member also we are currently getting a techdeals together with the aliiance that protects us there are no forums yet all you have to is agree to the rules and change your AA to united coalition of nations

The rules are don't attack any aliance with strong members you can attack nations whenever you want but if you attack and lose we cannot help you but if you attack for a good reason we will. Another rule is when you do tech deals never just runaway with the cash. i hope you will join and i promise you will be very strong if you join you will get a constanst load of money coming in from tech deals just look at the alliance a nation called ramon is in and ask some strong nations if they want to do a tech deal for any questions message me

To: Sam Houston From: nato12 Date: 5/31/2010 2:49:36 PM

Subject: allliance

Message: i hope we can be friends but if you decline my offer i will have your alliance destroyed also can you tell the rest of your alliance members to join iam not trying to be hostile and i hope we will not have to lose live but if we do i have a 50 million warchest waiting

To: Sam Houston From: nato12 Date: 5/31/2010 2:56:59 PM

Subject: alliance

Message: i have sent a nation to go war with you so that you don't change to peace mode

Finally, this message was delivered to the Republic from forsyth1234 of knifekiller1432 and said:
To: Sam Houston From: forsyth1234 Date: 5/31/2010 3:05:19 PM

Subject: War

I replied that we had no desire to join this alliance (even smaller than we are) and made no counter-threats. For my troubles, I received this response:

To: Sam Houston From: nato12 Date: 6/1/2010 2:50:45 PM

Subject: RE: alliance

Message: iam so sorry you won't come peacefully i have destroyed 10 nations because they ressisted you can continue tech deal sif you join and my alliance members would like to do tech deals any way

Now, I bring this to the world's attention only because these individuals claim to be soliciting tech deals from other nations. I would wager that any group of nations willing to stoop to such tactics to grow their alliance would most likely not be trustworthy enough to deliver tech that has been paid for in advance. My hope in posting this is that some nation or group of nations will not be robbed of their hard-earned tax monies by these knuckleheads. Also, such individuals might later try to join other alliances and cause problems for your alliance. So, I consider this post a public service announcement.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

-Sam Houston-

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schad' date='01 June 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1275423833' post='2319519']
An alliance of five threatening an alliance of 21 to join them or be destroyed. I think this calls for a [i]brilliant political move[/i].
[/quote]
Depends on what those five have to offer :v:

[img]http://z31-ae.com/spork/images/fail/normal_headdesk.jpg[/img]

Yeah, real good way to survive there, UCoN. -_-

I don't agree with tech-raiding, but I would like to think that this is a legitimate CB. Member-poaching under threat of attack? Fail. Heh, does CR have any treaty allies they can get higher-end nations from? :P Because the guy threatening them is kinda big for any CR members to hit.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='01 June 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1275423621' post='2319509']
I must say I am absolutely appalled. There is not a single goon raiding this "United Coalition of Nations". I move to correct the situation immediately.
[/quote]

Well, I hate to see small alliances get raided, but in this case I will applaud GOONS's move.

@Sam Houston - I would go searching the ranks of the Blue Sphere for protectors. This way, if someone does this to you again who's out of the attack range of all your nations, you just go to your protector with it, and kablammo! Problem solved. :war:

There is something horribly wrong with all of these nations, maybe its their perfectly capitalized bios, nation names and rulers. That really doesn't make it seem quite wrong to me yet.. Ahh maybe its their great organization by putting how much tech they owe in all of the bios in the same format and how they all manage to make their first improvement harbor... Well the first mentioned could just be great communication and the second is common knowledge. Ahh I now i see what is strange here, all of these great attributes [b][i]AND[/i][/b] most of them are from Texas.

[quote name='wickedj' date='01 June 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1275424637' post='2319530']
Depends on what those five have to offer :v:
[/quote]

That's true...join them and you too can have protection from ramon (?) and potentially knof (!?). Who could ask for more?

[quote name='Sam Houston' date='01 June 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1275422473' post='2319488']
To: Sam Houston From: nato12 Date: 5/31/2010 2:49:36 PM

Subject: allliance

Message: i hope we can be friends but if you decline my offer i will have your alliance destroyed also can you tell the rest of your alliance members to join iam not trying to be hostile and i hope we will not have to lose live but if we do i have a 50 million warchest waiting

[/quote]

Lol no!

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of nenan. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:
Desired Religion: Voodoo
Desired Government: Capitalist
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 0
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: None
Total Money: $150,918
Technology: 52.90 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 6/1/2010 4:17:29 AM
Trade Partners: None
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 0
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:

Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0
Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.[/quote]

By 50 million, he really means $150,918 :P

I'm tempted to send money and tech Sam's way with my "emergency slot" once it comes open :P

So what has this thread taught us to NOT do?

1. Attempt to blackmail a member of an alliance to join a smaller alliance with threats of attack
2. Make unsubstantiated claims regarding one's war chest.

I wonder what other faux pas this nato12 dude's gonna make before someone finally gets sick of him?

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='02 June 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1275431030' post='2319690']
Lol no!

By 50 million, he really means $150,918 :P
[/quote]
So he misplaced a comma, and added some zeros. Happens all the time.

Just attack these jokes and I will look the other way.

[quote name='Schad' date='01 June 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1275423833' post='2319519']
An alliance of five threatening an alliance of 21 to join them or be destroyed. I think this calls for a [i]brilliant political move[/i].
[/quote]

:facepalm:

I need a drink. ;)