Requst Norwegian Government to apologize to Cybernations

Beauty

Norway.jpg

Petition Link: http://wh.gov/lGdnz

Full Petition Link: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/request-government-norway-apologize-wrongful-accusations-nazism/fFr8Xyxq

We need 150 signatures to go public with this petition.

This petition is to demand an apology from Norway for the allegations of Nazism it printed about Nordreich in Cybernations in 2007. 

Also as a benefit of this petition, many politically-minded petitioners and people on whitehouse.gov will visit Cybernations. However that is not the purpose of this petition. It is sickening to know our members and brothers were accused of Nazism for an over-reacting Foreign Ministry of Norway. We must stand together now and ask for an apology as this greatly wasn't right to do without looking more into the issue. 

Please sign the petition and potentially ask friends to do the same. Ask for your alliance to announce it and get others to sign it as well. Only together can we get the Norwegian Government to apologize for these disgusting allegations against our players.

Please stand up for Nordreich. We may be divided in character, however OOC insults are a serious childish way to go about stuff. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we demand reps, too.

Meh if this doesn't work, and we can't get advertising for CN in any political forums, I guess the game is going to die.

I think the hardest part is getting the first few people to sign it. No one wants to look like the lame guys to first sign it. 

Edited by Rotavele

Thanks for asking Nordreich how we feel about this, you know, as would be courteous.

I mean I couldnt see any negatives from it? I am sorry for not asking first.

Surely there are better forms of advertising, especially ones where you wouldn't have to make a reach like 'NoR aren't Nazis'.

There are millions of people on that website daily. They're also very politically minded, so they'd most likely be very active CN members. Also there is no other situation in CN that caused a controversy outside of CN. The only other one is when a guy in /b/ molested a LUE member in like early 2006. That cant be petitioned though.

If everyone who accused us of being nazis would apologize, you would have a day job until you're old and grey.

It is ok, we will make them pay though. The more members we get in the process is only a side benefit.

For NoR!!!!

Its almost hard to believe an ACTUAL government would make such a statement about an online game. Especially when it has nothing to do with them.

I can support this idea 100%. It can't hurt and.... Well, Norways government is stupid.

CN doesn't deserve a tarnished reputation just because some bored politicians don't know what RP is.

Its almost hard to believe an ACTUAL government would make such a statement about an online game. Especially when it has nothing to do with them.

I can support this idea 100%. It can't hurt and.... Well, Norways government is stupid.

CN doesn't deserve a tarnished reputation just because some bored politicians don't know what RP is.

Thank you for the support Fox Fire.

The video did have something to with them; it had the Norwegian national anthem playing in the background of a video they thought was Nazi propaganda.  Obviously they were wrong...

Good Rotavele

I am unsure of your motivation, but this is seven years too late and would be considered incredibly vulgar by the Norwegians in light of the July 22, 2011 mass murders by the neo-nazi Anders Behring Breivik. Frankly, I too find it a whole lot less than timely and in very poor taste after that event. We do not need a headline blaring "Online geeks using nukes demand apology from still traumatized victims of mass murder in Norway".

Nice ideal, very bad timing.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Can't say I blame Norway. An alliance in a game talks about European Nationalism, it had a heavily Germanic influence in regards to its internal culture and additionally had numerous actual Nazis and Neo-Nazis within its ranks (if you weren't here in 06 and 07 then you wouldn't know). On top of that they had and still have a symbol/rune on their flag that was used by a few SS units during WWII which is still used today by various Neo-Nazi organisations. Indeed, the rune in question is still prohibited within modern Germany if it appears to be being used in connection with a context suggestive of Nazism. (German Criminal code section 86 I think?).

So yeah, If I was a Norwegian politician I probably would have been fooled too ;)

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Can't say I blame Norway. An alliance in a game talks about European Nationalism, it had a heavily Germanic influence in regards to its internal culture and additionally had numerous actual Nazis and Neo-Nazis within its ranks (if you weren't here in 06 and 07 then you wouldn't know). On top of that they had and still have a symbol/rune on their flag that was used by a few SS units during WWII which is still used today by various Neo-Nazi organisations. Indeed, the rune in question is still prohibited within modern Germany if it appears to be being used in connection with a context suggestive of Nazism. (German Criminal code section 86 I think?).

So yeah, If I was a Norwegian politician I probably would have been fooled too ;)

What an ignorant thing to say. 

All Germans using historic symbolism are Nazis?

I mean Saudi Arabia has people who practice Islam, like those in Al-Qaeda, and have the Sword of Allah on their flag, which is also used on the Al-Qaeda flag. So in you're philosophy, I am assuming you probably consider Saudi Arabia a terrorist organization.

The State of Georgia has several remnants of the Confederacy on their flag due to that being their historical background. They also have a lot of hicks in Georgia, but I am guessing you assume the whole state supports Slavery and racism since they have that on their flag and probably have a few racists in that state. 

Does everyone with a Che Guevara shirt support Stalin in your eyes too?

What an ignorant thing to say. 

All Germans using historic symbolism are Nazis?

So yeah, If I was a Norwegian politician I probably would have been fooled too  ;)

I know you are just trolling but for the sake of everyone else I have underlined the relevant part of my initial post. However yes, I would state that if a group or organisation appeared to be influenced heavily by nationalism, particularly Germanic Nationalism, had symbols used by SS units and had a history of actual members being Nazis then I would naturally assume that they are Nazi, Neo-Nazi or at the very least racist.