Why is SF so terrible?

Rebel Virginia

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1299602457' post='2656765']
The mercy board itself is not a difficult task. It's actually a bit of fun. I know I was laughing at least.
[/quote]

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1299603901' post='2656782']
How is writing a 200 word story on a GOON lumberjack that goes to China or whatever any harder than writing a beer review?
[/quote]

If you support the existence of the board, then odds are you are a member of GOONS or you got off easy. Not everyone who visits it gets humiliated and made to do embarrassing and/or time consuming things for the pure entertainment of GOONS.

But if it is such a wonderful thing, why don't more alliances do it? Are they just far too serious and in need of a laxative, or is it that the general consensus is that people willing to forgive some transgression would rather see a professional, contrite apology and move on?

I'll not dwell on the point further, but GOONS simply doesn't have the moral ground to lecture anyone on forced disbandments, or make a point of saying that they are against the policy as though they a "better" alliance than those that might consider it. It just comes across as ironic.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299605553' post='2656800']
Don't make me PM Slap Q to get him to post how wrong you are. They were disbanding regardless of the outcome of the war, and they agreed the reparations were reasonable.

OOC: Much like the guy in your avatar you are grasping at half-truths and trying to paint a picture that isn't there.
[/quote]

I'll confirm this for Alterego (he still may not read it though). FnKa was ready to disband already. Then I told RV about what the Ninjas were doing; then he told FnKa and they decided they'd like to go out with a bang. I believe that's about how it happened. I was pretty close to them before their disbandment. They are/were awesome people.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299591653' post='2656657']
Can you confirm/deny that you intend to disband NSO solely to force RV to join GOONS? :awesome:
[/quote]
All of Doomhouse will deny this statement. There's simply no truth to it. We want RV to join MK.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1299608199' post='2656838']
If you support the existence of the board, then odds are you are a member of GOONS or you got off easy. Not everyone who visits it gets humiliated and made to do embarrassing and/or time consuming things for the pure entertainment of GOONS.
[/quote]
I'd love to see some examples of this, most people seem to enjoy it fine.
[quote]
But if it is such a wonderful thing, why don't more alliances do it? Are they just far too serious and in need of a laxative
[/quote]
In a word, yes. Though I am glad more don't, it would detract from our uniqueness.
[quote]
I'll not dwell on the point further, but GOONS simply doesn't have the moral ground to lecture anyone on forced disbandments, or make a point of saying that they are against the policy as though they a "better" alliance than those that might consider it. It just comes across as ironic.
[/quote]
GOONS as an alliance has always had strong moral convictions regarding disbandment, as well as strong moral convictions about the proper treatment of other alliances in diplomatic dealings. Our morals might be different and more nuanced than some, but we are not the amoral sociopaths you seem to take us for.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299568973' post='2656492']
A war slogan isn't the same as actual policy. You won't see MK trying to disband anyone.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You'd be surprised at how few people actually realize that. I'm not sure why people keep touting that line. But then again, most people are also stupid.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299611224' post='2656876']
[color="#0000FF"]You'd be surprised at how few people actually realize that. I'm not sure why people keep touting that line. But then again, most people are also [b]stupid[/b].[/color]
[/quote]

If you are going to judge others, you should be an expert in the field. Carry on.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1299615202' post='2656910']
Where are UOKMB and FnKa?
[/quote]

UOKMB was never a real alliance. It was a split off Iunctus by a group of people who wanted to go rogue. FnKA was explained by Omni.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299586399' post='2656615']
Is it so strange to have a personal opinion? Why should I always agree with people fighting on the 'same side', with every individual in allied alliances or my alliance mates?

What happened to Carpe Diem? I must have missed that. [b]Also, If you know me, I've always advocated no monetary/military reps and I'm a fervent anti-disbandment/viceroyship spokesperson.[/b][/quote]

You really need to find friends you have something in common with then, this current setup reeks of power-mongering as opposed to standing with people who have common beliefs.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299609731' post='2656857']
GOONS as an alliance has always had strong moral convictions regarding disbandment, as well as strong moral convictions about the proper treatment of other alliances in diplomatic dealings. Our morals might be different and more nuanced than some, but we are not the amoral sociopaths you seem to take us for.[/quote]

Right...you're "extortionists", not "murderers". Killing an alliance without regard to the possibility of peace is far more evil than demanding reparations on the order of hundreds of millions in cash and/or tech. I mean if they can't/won't pay, they chose to die, you aren't responsible. Makes all the difference...

Back on topic, Ragnarok is choosing to make a stand over the issue of white peace, more specifically the issue of admitting defeat. I respect them for taking that stand, especially while they still have allies in the field. Every stand has consequences however and I hope that in the end that Rok doesn't regret taking this particular stand for this particular cause.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1299615202' post='2656910']
Where are UOKMB and FnKa?
[/quote]

I have to laugh at you. You are terrible, even when others out with GOONS explain the situation, even people who are not tied to us with far more knowledge on the subject than yourself say fnka disbanded on their own accord you still repeat yourself with the same mundane !@#$%^&* argument. As for the other yet again it's been explained by themselves, of all people the reasons they existed you still try to put that on us. LAWL they even said there sole purpose of creating that alliance was to rogue on us. and you bang the same beat again and again. WTH is a matter with you people?

For Haflingers viewing pleasure

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1287362843' post='2486660']
[img]http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab161/Aetherius_Princeps/FnKaFlag010.jpg[/img]

It is with a heavy heart I come before you to announce FnKa has functionally disbanded.

We had a good run: we had a fun war, we buried a few axes, and its time to put it all behind us. The few active members just don't have the time or enegry to devote to FnKa that it deserves. We would like to thank our allies, the Ninjas, and GOONS for a well conducted war. [b]GOONS aren't the evil menace that it's easy to paint them as; try actually talking to them first before you make a judgement. While they aren't everyones cup of tea, they have a good groups of gents' and something special going on. Also, before the peanut gallery tries to use FnKa as thier PR banner, just don't. GOONS didn't force us to disband.[/b] Those nations that have expressed a desire for peace will follow the GOONS terms to be specified below; those who have yet to decide will have the option remain open to them.

I will continue to hope in the future we can all come together and make it happen. Until then;

Minister of Defense - DeadAnimal

Prime Minister - SkaPunk

Minister of Finance - MVP2000

Minister of Recruiting - Silent Fury

Note: Hydra will protect the AA FnKa and FnKa Academy from outside interference for 2 weeks, so raiders buzz off.
[/quote]

Ohhh and more from the horses mouth.

posted by thekirbyfake [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91829"]DoW[/url]

In a combined DoE and DoW, UOKMB declares war with Goons.

Some time ago a small company of nations convened with a single goal; hurt Goons. And with that sole purpose UOKMB was born.

Whilst building warchests 3 Goons caitiffs took it upon themselves to raid a UOKMB nation. At that point he was our only non-nuclear capable nation and during these so-called "raids" one Goon decided to use nuclear weapons. These two actions speak volumes about Goons and their pusillanimous policies.

However, rather than declare war there and then, we bided our time and stuck to our original plan knowing that soon we would dine on revenge gazpacho.

We do not seek reparations. We seek justice. We seek to show cowardly actions will not go unpunished.

Once we have finished razing the chosen recreant nations on the first page of Goons, we will slither down the pages slowly but surely extirpating all those in our path. As things stand there are 304 nations in Goons and none in peace mode. Let's see how those numbers change in the coming weeks when the lights are turned on and the cockroaches run for cover.

What damage can 8 nations do to an alliance of over 300? In short, you are a big tree, we are a small axe.

TKF
UOKMB Ayatollah

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1299615340' post='2656913']
You really need to find friends you have something in common with then, this current setup reeks of power-mongering as opposed to standing with people who have common beliefs.
[/quote]

Not everybody voices their opinion [i]en pleine publique[/i]. Rest assured that I feel at home in iFOK and the greater picture (PB).

Btw, SF is not terrible. I do love R&R a lot, and I also do love me some RIA.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1299566657' post='2656442']
At this point it seems RoK has the upper hand on the war front. Sure their top tier got roughed up but now they have PC at an almost 3-1 disadvantage where the war can be fought. PC is bringing in nations from other alliances to actually fight RoK at this point.

Well over half of PC's ns is in it's top 15 and I think maybe one of those nations can currently engage RoK. So PC isn't really able to put any additional war pressure on RoK and is just holding their own nations at war extra rounds over this.
[/quote]
It's the IRON-Gre thing again, except advantage PC. The ratio of members isn't in RoK's favor strongly enough for them to just be able to outlast PC on any reasonable time scale, especially since PC has more allies willing (and, importantly, [i]allowed[/i]) to help them out against RoK than IRON did.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1299615214' post='2656911']
If you are going to judge others, you should be an expert in the field. Carry on.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Who are you and what exactly do you have against me? I ask only because I've seen you following me around like a sad puppy, hoping that I might toss you a treat. Also, I will have you know that I am not just an expert, but I am the expert. Rest assured, the coalition pitted against GOONS, and many of the alliances tied to it (even those not fighting it) is indeed quite terrible. Frankly I cannot read any of the drivel coming from members of Invicta, Legion, or even your own alliances without severely damaging my superior cognitive capabilities.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1299618053' post='2656971']
It's the IRON-Gre thing again, except advantage PC. The ratio of members isn't in RoK's favor strongly enough for them to just be able to outlast PC on any reasonable time scale, especially since [b]PC has more allies willing (and, importantly, [i]allowed[/i]) to help them out against RoK than IRON did.[/b][/quote]

Do you really think anyone is going to DoW RoK at this point? The war is going to be RoK vs PC until one of them blinks.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299618148' post='2656973']
[color="#0000FF"]Who are you and what exactly do you have against me? I ask only because I've seen you following me around like a sad puppy, hoping that I might toss you a treat. Also, I will have you know that I am not just an expert, but I am the expert. Rest assured, the coalition pitted against GOONS, and many of the alliances tied to it (even those not fighting it) is indeed quite terrible. Frankly I cannot read any of the drivel coming from members of Invicta, Legion, or even your own alliances without severely damaging my [b]superiority cognitive capabilities[/b].[/color]
[/quote]

Did you mean superior?

I don't have anything particular against you, I just find you to have very little class.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1299618350' post='2656982']
Did you mean superior?

I don't have anything particular against you, I just find you to have very little class.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I will have you know that I am quite a class act, as many can attest to. I simply have no reason to treat you as an equal. You clearly are not.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299620336' post='2657018']
[color="#0000FF"]I will have you know that I am quite a class act, as many can attest to. I simply have no reason to treat you as an equal. You clearly are not.[/color]
[/quote]

You haven't done anything to me personally, so how does not treating me like an equal impact my opinion of you?

My charge of you lacking class is based on your treatment of others, considering you did not know I existed before 2 days ago. How can you blame your lack of class on me being less than your equal?

You really aren't very bright, but you think you are, which is pitiable in it's own way.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1299621319' post='2657038']
You haven't done anything to me personally, so how does not treating me like an equal impact my opinion of you?

My charge of you lacking class is based on your treatment of others, considering you did not know I existed before 2 days ago. How can you blame your lack of class on me being less than your equal?

You really aren't very bright, but you think you are, which is pitiable in it's own way.
[/quote]

I still remember the little Rebel Virginia working for the two Orders trying to get NADC rolled via ACDC by stealing them 6 million in start up aid or loan :P

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299605657' post='2656801']
On the note of Rok: why would we surrender? sure we're taking damage, it's war.... This is Ragnaroks culture, it's who we are, i wouldn't expect poison clan to understand what i'm talking about, i don't expect a sense of culture from the member of a bloc that couldn't even remember which flag is PC's :smug:
[/quote]

Lol is that joke?

Twisted: 5,412,651 Attacking + 6,225,986 Defending = 11,638,637 Casualties

zoom: 4,774,761 Attacking + 5,783,122 Defending = 10,557,883 Casualties

fant0m (former PC) : 4,534,329 Attacking + 6,464,154 Defending = 10,998,483 Casualties

velcity: 4,705,575 Attacking + 5,488,400 Defending = 10,193,975 Casualties

that's 3 of us above 10 mil casulaties (not including fant0m)

and after an extensive search I couldn't find one Rokker above 5mil casulaties nevermind 10mil!

If I were to make a list of Poison Clan members above 5 mil casualties there would be 10 of us.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299618148' post='2656973']
[color="#0000FF"]Who are you and what exactly do you have against me? I ask only because I've seen you following me around like a sad puppy, hoping that I might toss you a treat. Also, I will have you know that I am not just an expert, but I am the expert. Rest assured, the coalition pitted against GOONS, and many of the alliances tied to it (even those not fighting it) is indeed quite terrible. Frankly I cannot read any of the drivel coming from members of Invicta, Legion, or even your own alliances without severely damaging my superior cognitive capabilities.[/color]
[/quote]
Just give it up, RV. Abandon your morality and give in to the dark side. It will make everything so much easier for you...

[quote name='Tautology' timestamp='1299626723' post='2657160']
Great statistics but that's not what Laz was talking about, but I think you already know that. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah I know there great. And my point is is that we'd trade infra for friends anyday. While RoK trades infra to please one friend while pissing off a bunch of others.

Oh and btw, I couldn't find your "No surrender clause" in your charter either :mellow:

Edited by Heya