Why is SF so terrible?

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Heya' timestamp='1299626927' post='2657166']
Yeah I know there great. And my point is is that we'd trade friends for infra anyday.[/quote]
That's where we're different. We'd never trade our friends and we'd willingly give up our infra for friends.

btw, it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things but it's "they're great" not "there".

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tautology' timestamp='1299627660' post='2657193']
That's where we're different. We'd never trade our friends and we'd willingly give up our infra for friends.

btw, it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things but it's "they're great" not "there".
[/quote]

Lol you know excatly what I mean't. And any ally of PC knows what I'm refering to.

Your full of !@#$ Taut, taking advantage of my typos!

[quote name='Tautology' timestamp='1299627660' post='2657193']

[/quote]

And this is coming from the person sitting in hippie mode at a pretty 4999.99k infra?

[quote name='Heya' timestamp='1299627821' post='2657199']
Lol you know excatly what I mean't. And any ally of PC knows what I'm refering to.

Your full of !@#$ Taut, taking advantage of my typos!
[/quote]
Yeah, I knew what you meant but I couldn't resist it. :D

The point is that what makes PC what it is is more than just its casualty stats.

[quote name='Heya' timestamp='1299628126' post='2657206']
big picture > details bro
[/quote]

if you're looking for the big picture then you're in the wrong thread, this is just a bunch of PC members going "stop with that all that useless pride RoK, (insert casualty stats in reply to completely unrelated quote)

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299628332' post='2657209']
if you're looking for the big picture then you're in the wrong thread, this is just a bunch of PC members going "stop with that all that useless pride RoK, (insert casualty stats in reply to completely unrelated quote)
[/quote]

Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins :mellow:

Edited by Heya

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1299628332' post='2657209']
[/quote]

Naw no really. There's a bunch of girls above us from NATO? arguing.

[quote name='Tautology' timestamp='1299628306' post='2657208']
Yeah, I knew what you meant but I couldn't resist it. :D

The point is that what makes PC what it is is more than just its casualty stats.
[/quote]

Lol and what do you think makes up PC?

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1299588277' post='2656627']
But what if people find disbanding alliances to be fun? Would it be alright then? Or does it need to be fun for the person on the receiving side too? Because I don't remember anybody asking us if we wanted to be attacked out of the blue for no freaking reason.
[/quote]
You may not agree with the reasons but it was certainly not for "no reason", there was just no conventional CB.

The analogy is quite quite ridiculous. Being forced into a war not of your choosing is far, far less harmful than destroying a community. And war offers an opportunity for hundreds of rulers to have fun and participate in the most interesting activity available as a nation ruler. Disbanding someone could only be "fun" for a few people assuaging their hatred and/or ego.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Heya' timestamp='1299626927' post='2657166']
Yeah I know there great. And my point is is that we'd trade infra for friends anyday.
[/quote]

Like you did with NEW right? That was a great [s]infra for friends[/s] friends for infra trade... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1299618053' post='2656971']
It's the IRON-Gre thing again, except advantage PC. The ratio of members isn't in RoK's favor strongly enough for them to just be able to outlast PC on any reasonable time scale, especially since PC has more allies willing (and, importantly, [i]allowed[/i]) to help them out against RoK than IRON did.
[/quote]
True that, We did have some nations left in top-tier in enough quantity (and some people joined in as well) to fight back at our pace and take em down, although bit slowly, but surely. Rok's top nation has 37k NS..

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1299618053' post='2656971']
It's the IRON-Gre thing again, except advantage PC. The ratio of members isn't in RoK's favor strongly enough for them to just be able to outlast PC on any reasonable time scale, especially since PC has more allies willing (and, importantly, [i]allowed[/i]) to help them out against RoK than IRON did.
[/quote]

I'm just wondering why we wouldn't be allowed to help them?

If this farce goes on long enough I'm sure there will either be a bloc/ally response or some migration of enterprising SF nations to even out that top tier advantage, now that most of us arent engaged anymore. PC might have an edge now and they are in a definitely stronger position than GRE was then. Still Rok is far from broken and not without powerful friends. So I'd say it's in everybodies best interest to find an agreable solution for everybody.

If you want to make it SF v PB? Sure, I guess. Seems to me that wouldn't be a good idea considering where the top tiers lie, though.

For those of you talking about the 'big picture', it's RoK that's really missing it, myopically focusing on one word and letting themselves be destroyed over it. PC's big picture presence is their top tier and you're not affecting that at all.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1299632074' post='2657252']
It is reasonably common for the leaders of disbanded alliances to post nice things about the alliances they were at war with to stay off permazi, err, EoG lists.
[/quote]
Are you [i]literally[/i] retarded?

And yes, when I say literally I mean literally. I honestly want to know if you've gone to the doctor and been told you're a retard. I can't understand how someone can post so many God awful and entirely stupid things.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1299632692' post='2657266']

If this farce goes on long enough I'm sure there will either be a bloc/ally response or some migration of enterprising SF nations to even out that top tier advantage, now that most of us arent engaged anymore. PC might have an edge now and they are in a definitely stronger position than GRE was then. Still Rok is far from broken and not without powerful friends. So I'd say it's in everybodies best interest to find an agreable solution for everybody.
[/quote]

That'd be a silly move to make, but one I'd more than welcome.

[/quote]
PC isn't the one being unreasonable. RoK refuses to admit defeat when they've cleary been defeated. They're the ones being stubborn.

[/quote]
Do you really want to try and play that game with one of Umb's allies?

I'm not saying Rok shouldn't make concessions too. Clearly PC bested them, eventhough PC has had quite an influx of members to do so, while Rok on the other hand shed a good part of its high tier to polar before the war. So it's a bit of a hollow victory. But nevertheless they cannot effectively fight you without outside support anymore.

Also I'm not advocating getting involved as a smart move for SF/GOD, just saying we could get involved if we felt it necessary. Which the current situation doesn't justify. The offer to Rok is good already and the final chinks should be worked out soon I hope.

[/quote]

Relax.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1299635297' post='2657300']
That'd be a silly move to make, but one I'd more than welcome.
[/quote]

Relax.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1299635995' post='2657312']
[/quote]

Relax.

No need for everyone to get all crazy now simply because they are talking in public.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1299635995' post='2657312']
[/quote]

No, we don't. We don't want to see Rok treated unfairly either. So glad they aren't.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299636314' post='2657318']
Relax.

Relax.

Relax.

No need for everyone to get all crazy now simply because they are talking in public.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think I'll bow out of this thread.