STA March Press Conference

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1299408372' post='2654297']
Nobody appears to be benefiting from misplaced bravado of RoK at the moment.
[/quote]

This is all just a secret operation. RoK and PC will soon peace out and hit NPO with our small mighty nations!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Guzalot' timestamp='1299455821' post='2654800']
We value honor more than pixels and I wouldn't have it any other way. If this war drags on because of that then so be it.
[/quote]

Back to topic please ;)

--

STA, It's been a pleasure fighting you this war, I wish you all the best with the rebuild when our conflicts finally end.

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1299456542' post='2654810']
It is not honorable to hold your nations in a state of war because you do not want to lose your record of not losing.[/quote]
LOL, weasels will never understand warriors.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1299456542' post='2654810']
You guys are a group of bullies who think they can get their way and didn't count on getting sucker punched by a smaller, better coordinated alliance.
[/quote]
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but that hasn't been my experience at all. Most of the nations I've fought haven't put up much of a fight and with a few exceptions I'm just not impressed. I can keep this up for another few months. Heck, I'm having more fun than I've had in over a year.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299297559' post='2653095']
[color="#FF0000"]Now I know who to cheer for. Fight the good fight Xiph! Disbanding terrible alliances like UPN has my approval.[/color]
[/quote]

Could we make a deal where they disband and you stop posting on the OWF forever? My second demand would have potato desist from irony for at least three months. I think my terms are pretty generous.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1299470886' post='2655008']
Could we make a deal where they disband and you stop posting on the OWF forever? My second demand would have potato desist from irony for at least three months. I think my terms are pretty generous.
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]There is something that sets me apart from you and UPN. My presence and input makes the world a better place. Yours and UPN's on the other hand, does not[/color].

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299377801' post='2653986']
Refusing to surrender and thus trapping other alliances in a war with you is not honor. It's ego. Please do not confuse the two. Were it up to me, and were the RoK the only issue here, you'd be dealing with the situation on your own.
[/quote]
Not only am I agreeing with STA, but I'm agreeing with Pezstar.

Wow Ragnarok, you must be really, really, [b]really[/b] doing it wrong.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299473432' post='2655028']
[color="#FF0000"]There is something that sets me apart from you and UPN. My presence and input makes the world a better place. Yours and UPN's on the other hand, does not[/color].
[/quote]

You contribute as much here as you did when you were in Polar. So, good job.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1299470886' post='2655008']
[/quote]

I didn't know I was so high on Polar's radar but as long as sarcasm is still fine, I'm OK with it.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1299719859' post='2658129']
I didn't know I was so high on Polar's radar[/quote]My radar has never been advanced enough to distinguish potatoes from other crops. :(

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1299719859' post='2658129']but as long as sarcasm is still fine, I'm OK with it.
[/quote]But then how will we know if you're really OK with it?

Do you have any advice for the star of your war flag?

How will STA's political direction change in a post war world?

What are STA's opinions on the following groups/alliances:
- NpO
- NPO
- NSO
- Pandora's Box
- Doom House
- Complaints and Grievances
- Super Friends
- TFD

What led up to STA signing a treaty with TPF when you spent much of 2009 and 2010 avoiding interaction with them?

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299307732' post='2653270']
[color="#FF0000"]That's just touching isn't it? UPN has a well known repuation for failure. Xiphosis is doing the world a favor if he succedes in getting rid of UPN.[/color]
[/quote]
People like you are a disgrace to this [ooc]game[/ooc]. Break up entire communities just because you don't like them..... even MK nations, who obviously don't like UPN, have called this rumour of disbandment stupid and unfair. Just stop talking before you say something else stupid. :blink:

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299715531' post='2658088']
So more than you can ever hope to contribute? :smug:
[/quote]
[quote name='potato' timestamp='1299719859' post='2658129']
I didn't know I was so high on Polar's radar but as long as sarcasm is still fine, I'm OK with it.
[/quote]

I enjoy that I both contribute nothing to Polar and represent it in its entirety.

Dan, I'm not sure that throwing a hissy fit when people disagree with me counts as contributing. Maybe I'll try it as a first approximation to such and watch how the appreciation for me in the alliance soars endlessly upwards.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1299732542' post='2658268']Dan, I'm not sure that throwing a hissy fit when people disagree with me counts as contributing.[/quote]
Where do your mediocre "snappy" one-liners fit into this philosophy?

When did your diplomatic relations with MK break down and do you believe that there's a chance you can ally NPO again? What are your feelings about them? (Outside of the typical, "well we haven't really talked to them!") Personal or alliance-wise, both work so long as it's an honest answer.

And do you believe Archon has his alliance "under control" or do you believe Archon "yelling" at his alliance when they step out of line is nothing more than a show to keep diplomatic appearance up?

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1299727024' post='2658212']
Do you have any advice for the star of your war flag?

How will STA's political direction change in a post war world?

What are STA's opinions on the following groups/alliances:
- NpO
- NPO
- NSO
- Pandora's Box
- Doom House
- Complaints and Grievances
- Super Friends
- TFD

What led up to STA signing a treaty with TPF when you spent much of 2009 and 2010 avoiding interaction with them?
[/quote]
That's a beast of a question. My opinions:

We have a war flag?

We haven't had very serious discussions about our post-bellum direction. We're worried about what we've got on our plate at the moment. I expect that everything we've currently got will be reexamined though.

NpO: I wish they'd handled BiPolar differently, but otherwise they've staunchly had our back at every turn. They're great allies and I have some good friends there.

NPO: Indifferent really. I don't regret fighting against their side in Karma. I have nothing against them since then, but nothing the other way really either.

NSO: They're one of few alliances that will take a boot to the face repeatedly and not back down. They've improved their average post quality considerably since their early days. Every time we've been in trouble they've been there to offer support.

Pandora's Box: I dislike or am indifferent to all its constituent alliances, and I'm obviously not a fan of their only action of note since its formation.

Doom House makes me sad. As a one-time fan of both the Mushroom Kingdom and Umbrella I really regret how things have gone.

Complaints and Grievances doesn't have a clear identity from my vantage point. They would be more interesting if they made an effort to find or show who they are.

I like some SuperFriends (especially if we still count Fark, even if they're not technically in it any more) and really dislike others. I think this war has damaged their political clout immensely and I'm interested to see if they can reestablish themselves in the aftermath. I still like CSN even though that's not a popular position at the moment.

TPF: Slayer and TBB, their two most objectionable members, are both long gone. They apologized to us for things done when they were in power, and they worked hard over a long period of time to repair relations.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1299727633' post='2658223']
If a Tyga nukes a duffman in a forest, but nobody is in range to nuke him back, is it still a war?
[/quote]
We were actually interested in doing some testing on that question, but at the time Tyga wasn't in range.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299733203' post='2658280']
When did your diplomatic relations with MK break down and do you believe that there's a chance you can ally NPO again? What are your feelings about them? (Outside of the typical, "well we haven't really talked to them!") Personal or alliance-wise, both work so long as it's an honest answer.
[/quote]
For me I think that there was a feeling of doomed inevitability hanging over our treaty from the moment they declined to defend us in the BiPolar war. To be clear: they didn't act inappropriately there - they had allies on both sides and our treaty didn't chain. Nonetheless, it engendered some bitterness among some in the alliance, and other general behaviors made it clear in that war that when push came to shove they favored treaties that furthered their agenda. That's not really a surprise, it just became more and more important as they moved closer to GOONS and Umbrella and farther from us. The treaty was held far longer than it should have been out of nostalgia and misplaced loyalty.

I commented on the NPO earlier in this post. I would not expect to see an STA-NPO treaty.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1299732542' post='2658268']
I enjoy that I both contribute nothing to Polar and represent it in its entirety.

Dan, I'm not sure that throwing a hissy fit when people disagree with me counts as contributing. Maybe I'll try it as a first approximation to such and watch how the appreciation for me in the alliance soars endlessly upwards.
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Are you still mad about that? I left NpO months ago. It's not my fault that your alliance has failed at everything it has attempted since then. [/color]

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1299727533' post='2658221']
People like you are a disgrace to this [ooc]game[/ooc]. Break up entire communities just because you don't like them..... even MK nations, who obviously don't like UPN, have called this rumour of disbandment stupid and unfair. Just stop talking before you say something else stupid. :blink:
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]Comming from a member of an alliance that stands purely on the disbanded foundation of another, this is highly ironic.[/color]

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1299737651' post='2658328']
[color="#FF0000"]Comming from a member of an alliance that stands purely on the disbanded foundation of another, this is highly ironic.[/color]
[/quote]

Could you maybe not do this in our press conference? I mean, I know it's hard to resist and it's RIGHT THERE, but please?

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1299719545' post='2658124']
Does STA have any interest in white sphere coordination? Any current plans? Or are color sphere politics passe now?
[/quote]

Not really. I think dealing with alliances as individual alliances is better than trying to ram a uniform identity across the sphere.