STA March Press Conference

Welcome to the March STA Press Conference. This is a place to ask whatever Cybernations related questions you may have of STA and get answers that are frank and up front.

I'll go ahead and answer the "How are you guys doing" question up front, because I figure it will be one of the first.

We're ok. I think we're getting a little war weary and ready to start the rebuilding process, but we've been at war for something like 6 weeks now, so that's not really unexpected. We're in good spirits and we're taking it day by day like everyone else, I think.

As for our opponents, everyone has been fine. We haven't dealt with anyone unreasonable or jerky. It's all been the kind of thing that feels like we'll shake hands and say "Good game" afterward.

So yep. That's our situation in a nutshell. Should you have any other questions, ask away.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299002595' post='2648295']
That reminds me. I need to attack some more STA members. Any recommendations?
[/quote]

Are you in my range? If you are in my range, I will come out of PM 2 days early just to nuke you.

If only nukes had the ability to actually shut someone the hell up.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299002752' post='2648297']
Are you in my range? If you are in my range, I will come out of PM 2 days early just to nuke you.

[/quote]

What I wouldn't give to nuke Haflinger off of the OWF.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1299002999' post='2648304']
What I wouldn't give to nuke Haflinger off of the OWF.
[/quote]

I really think the cyberverse could be improved by implementing a "Survivor style" vote off system. I can think of a few people I'd like to vote out of here.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299002752' post='2648297']

[/quote]

If nukes could shut somebody up a nuclear firefight between you and me would be one of best things that could ever happen. Also, Damsky and Wasdrogan would no longer be talking which would be great.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1299007692' post='2648364']
Thoughts on CSN extortion?[/quote]

Well, at least I have something else to point to next time someone says I'm the biggest !@#$%* in the cyberverse.

[quote]
WHY DO WE NEVER TALK ANYMORE???
[/quote]

I talk to NSO at least every few days. :P

Oh wow. It's March already. Thanks for reminding me. I tend to lose track of these things during war. STA deserves treats for that.

[IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/King6083/twinkie-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/King6083/1283223376.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='deathman1212' timestamp='1299008309' post='2648375']
Will Nuclear Heaven leave peace mode?

There must be about 90-100 people watching him with bated breath.
[/quote]

Probably not. He's been happily ignoring orders to do so for the last month.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299001885' post='2648283']
Welcome to the March STA Press Conference. This is a place to ask whatever Cybernations related questions you may have of STA and get answers that are frank and up front.

[b]We're ok. I think we're getting a little war weary and ready to start the rebuilding process, but we've been at war for something like 6 weeks now [/b], so that's not really unexpected. We're in good spirits and we're taking it day by day like everyone else, I think.
[/quote]

Well since you brought it up... What will it take to end the war with wF ?

[quote name='Alaric' timestamp='1299009787' post='2648398']
Well since you brought it up... What will it take to end the war with wF ?
[/quote]

We've already discussed it with them. We wanted both sides to agree not to reenter the war against anyone they aren't already fighting, except defensively. They said they didn't feel that they needed to agree to anything because they were on the winning side. Because we're already getting the crap kicked out of us by the 6 alliances we're warring, their exit wasn't that big of a deal to us, so we accepted their declination of the offer. They attacked us aggressively, and since we know for a fact that they aren't opposed to that, we'd rather they be one of the many alliances kicking us than allow them to go attack one of our allies.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299010294' post='2648412']
They attacked us aggressively, and since we know for a fact that they aren't opposed to that, we'd rather they be one of the many alliances kicking us than allow them to go attack one of our allies.
[/quote]
Have I mentioned that I :wub: you lately?
'Cause I totally do.

After the war, what are STA's plan as far as foreign relations and building back up internally?

[quote name='spoofmaniac' timestamp='1299010512' post='2648417']
Have I mentioned that I :wub: you lately?
'Cause I totally do.

After the war, what are STA's plan as far as foreign relations and building back up internally?
[/quote]

We haven't decided on anything 100% yet. I do think that a valuable lesson we learned in this war was that, while we will always be a dictatorship, allowing our membership the opportunity to weigh in on bigger decisions, rather than letting them know what decision the Consilium has made is something we can really benefit from.

Internally, rebuilding always takes awhile. Fortunately, MOST of us had decent warchests and can build back up to a reasonable level pretty quickly, and aid those of us who didn't/can't. We've also gotten aid offers from one of our allies. Actually, it was you guys. :P

Foreign relations wise, well. This war changed some things for us. I'm not willing to discuss what that is publicly yet, because we haven't even discussed it with our membership yet. War first, worry about the rest later, and whatnot. But things are sure as hell going to change for us now.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299010294' post='2648412']
We've already discussed it with them. We wanted both sides to agree not to reenter the war against anyone they aren't already fighting, except defensively. They said they didn't feel that they needed to agree to anything because they were on the winning side. Because we're already getting the crap kicked out of us by the 6 alliances we're warring, their exit wasn't that big of a deal to us, so we accepted their declination of the offer. They attacked us aggressively, and since we know for a fact that they aren't opposed to that, we'd rather they be one of the many alliances kicking us than allow them to go attack one of our allies.
[/quote]

hi pez :D i know i talked to you last night but we've not talked since. you know my thoughts on the situation and i will continue to work with you on our war issue. good to see you on the forum and look forward to talking to you soon :)

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299010845' post='2648419']
We've also gotten aid offers from one of our allies. Actually, it was you guys. :P
[/quote]

I'm not surprised at all by this. NV is a hell of an ally. I'm fairly sure that they'd go to ZI and then send the last $3m they saved for rebuilding to their friends.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299018497' post='2648632']
I'm not surprised at all by this. NV is a hell of an ally. I'm fairly sure that they'd go to ZI and then send the last $3m they saved for rebuilding to their friends.
[/quote]

Mark

Tuesday, March 01, 2011. It happened.