Round 3:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1297791901' post='2634514']
I think you mis-interpreted my statements as being directed towards Athens and =LOST='s declaration against TPF, which they are not.
[/quote]

If they were in reference to Doomhouse then I should point out that it was irrelevant to what was being discussed at the time - the application of overwhelming force. Which is why I may have made the unintended connection.

As for the tactics, Obviously NPO did not declare this war, nor they did they seek it. By no stretch of the imagination can you possibly say that their allies wanted this war either. Doom House brought this war to them, and I see nothing objectionable for NPO et. al. to use the strategy they feel will help them accomplish what they feel that they need to accomplish - whatever that may be.
[/quote]

I don't see any problem with the Hopeless Coalition's use of overwhelming force (on GOONS) either, which leads me to the next point...

I assume that you were speaking about the numerous alliances attacking GOONS, to be honest I'm a little surprised about your negativity regarding it, from previous comments of GOONS members, I was under the impression that you guys were very excited about the opportunity?
[/quote]

I'm a little surprised that you - or any others in the Hopeless Coalition - perceive negativity or discontent (with the dogpile) where there is none. I did state that it was a move generally employed by wartime coalitions, which is about as neutral of a comment as it gets.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297781938' post='2634407']
Why does everyone assume I would even want to impress anyone? Look at where we are...

I'm just saying the only competence I've encountered from all of my wars have been from The Lost World. Back when everyone was complaining about us only hitting small alliances our NS dropped quite a bit... since we've declared on Legion we have literally dropped 15k NS. I don't foresee TPF doing that much better. But hey, prove me wrong.
[/quote]

When challenged on your lie, you sure do dance pretty.

Yet the lie still remains.

But by all means, keep digging. I can watch you embarrass yourself all day.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297792362' post='2634518']
I've watched your posts throughout this conflict, MP, and I get the feeling that you'd even find a way to criticize Doomhouse if they began a campaign to solve world hunger.
[/quote]

Beats the "If they are stronger we got to ally them quick" mentality :ph34r:

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297756292' post='2634277']
The problem is the same as it is in many wars: NS ranges. I'm not really sure why you wouldn't apply overwhelming force to an opponent if you could anyway.
[/quote]
Is this the end of all the pants-pissing over concentrating fire on GOONS?

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1297807923' post='2634723']
When challenged on your lie, you sure do dance pretty.

Yet the lie still remains.

But by all means, keep digging. I can watch you embarrass yourself all day.
[/quote]

I can do a mean dougie.

I'm not sure what this "lie" is that you're talking about. At no point in this discussion have a said anything that is blatantly not true. I mean jeez, if you can't take a little smack talk then you're in the wrong place. I will say though, your phrasing is cute.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297814600' post='2634859']
I can do a mean dougie.

I'm not sure what this "lie" is that you're talking about. At no point in this discussion have a said anything that is blatantly not true. I mean jeez, if you can't take a little smack talk then you're in the wrong place. I will say though, your phrasing is cute.
[/quote]

Nice job of dissembling. Though claiming ignorance of what you said only a couple posts ago and that I've been on the whole time has me wondering if you need visit the doc for a refill on your memantine. You are either slipping in and out of cognition or you are really trying to scramble here.

But just to refresh your memory I'll quote you for reference.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297751286' post='2634206']What's tired is claiming that you're going to come out at some point[/quote]

Where was this claim of mine you refer to? You quote me directly. You obviously wanted to score some propaganda points for that.

But when called on it you've done nothing but talk in every other direction you can.

So put up or shut up. If you keep talking sideways then we will all know you for what you are. A liar.

Plain and simple, just a filthy liar. A liar who doesn't even have the cajones to admit it when called on it. A liar scrambling to save face by dissembling even more.

Truly, you might wish to claim a memantine dependency to garner some sympathy because anything else shows your utter lack of character.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297746335' post='2634078']
So...things really aren't going so well around [s]Stalingrad[/s] [s]the Eastern[/s] the Pacifica front aren't going so well, eh DH? :smug:
[/quote]

When you contrast the size of our lower-tiers (which I’ll define here as nations of 30k NS and below, where the bulk of the fighting has been going on), with those of the alliances fighting us, things have been going pretty well, actually. In this department, Doom House itself is outnumbered by a margin of nearly three to one, and nevertheless has managed to dish out significantly more damage than it has taken in. And things can only get better from here. I’m not going to argue that peace mode is ineffective at keeping the upper-tiers of our opponents safe, because it is, and my alliance has made use of it for precisely that reason in the past. It is not, however, effective in keeping their lower-tiers fighting. Whereas our weaker nations will be receiving a significant amount of aid, theirs shall be left for the wolves.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1297817711' post='2634927']
Nice job of dissembling. Though claiming ignorance of what you said only a couple posts ago and that I've been on the whole time has me wondering if you need visit the doc for a refill on your memantine. You are either slipping in and out of cognition or you are really trying to scramble here.

But just to refresh your memory I'll quote you for reference.

Where was this claim of mine you refer to? You quote me directly. You obviously wanted to score some propaganda points for that.

But when called on it you've done nothing but talk in every other direction you can.

So put up or shut up. If you keep talking sideways then we will all know you for what you are. A liar.

Plain and simple, just a filthy liar. A liar who doesn't even have the cajones to admit it when called on it. A liar scrambling to save face by dissembling even more.

Truly, you might wish to claim a memantine dependency to garner some sympathy because anything else shows your utter lack of character.
[/quote]

Wow, you really put a lot of effort into that. I'm so sorry. The truth of the matter is, you're trying way to hard. I was generalizing. You talked about the "tired peace-mode insult" and I pointed out that tired or not it was well deserved. Maybe not TPF in particular, but your side has been kept in peace mode and it doesn't seem like you plan on coming out. I've even heard reports that the Legion nations in peace mode are actually complaining about having to fight. Cowards. I quoted you because you are part of that coalition. It's funny you choose to associate yourself with these people and then laughably attempt character assassination by accusing me of lying. There has literally been nothing I could have lied about. The alliances you are fighting beside have objectively large numbers of nations in peace mode.

Also, nice job telling me to "put up or shut up". I'm currently fighting while you... aren't.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1297821179' post='2634998']
I’m not going to argue that peace mode is ineffective at keeping the upper-tiers of our opponents safe, because it is, and my alliance has made use of it for precisely that reason in the past. It is not, however, effective in keeping their lower-tiers fighting. Whereas our weaker nations will be receiving a significant amount of aid, theirs shall be left for the wolves.
[/quote]

There will come a point in time of when who deserves the aid slots of your higher tier, your alliance members getting a bloody nose or the bottomless pit over at GOONS?

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297821544' post='2635006']Wow, you really put a lot of effort into that. I'm so sorry.[/quote]
Next trick is try to denigrate in a patronizing manner. Nice try.

Like lying to a moron, it doesn't really count, right? Might try looking in the mirror though.

[quote]The truth of the matter is, you're trying way to hard. I was generalizing. You talked about the "tired peace-mode insult" and I pointed out that tired or not it was well deserved.[/quote]
No you weren't. Read again your own writing for more clarity.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297751286' post='2634206']What's tired is claiming that you're going to come out at some point [/quote]
You claimed quite succinctly that I talked about future plans. You did it to score propaganda points.

It's really simple. I'll say it slowly for you. You....lied....to....impress....others.

But what else can we expect from Athens MoFA, right?

[quote]Also, nice job telling me to "put up or shut up". I'm currently fighting while you... aren't.[/quote]
I'm doing my job as ordered, but you are supposed to be Athens' mouthpiece....completely making a fool of yourself.

I'd quote the rest, but it's just more of you trying to spread the dirt around from the hole you dug, with a few no-u's tossed in for distraction.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1297821875' post='2635010']
There will come a point in time of when who deserves the aid slots of your higher tier, your alliance members getting a bloody nose or the bottomless pit over at GOONS?
[/quote]
I think the time when your alliance is completely bill locked is going to come far before that.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1297824574' post='2635079']

Like lying to a moron, it doesn't really count, right? Might try looking in the mirror though.

You claimed quite succinctly that I talked about future plans. You did it to score propaganda points.

It's really simple. I'll say it slowly for you. You....lied....to....impress....others.

I'm doing my job as ordered, but you are supposed to be Athens' mouthpiece....completely making a fool of yourself.

I'd quote the rest, but it's just more of you trying to spread the dirt around from the hole you dug, with a few no-u's tossed in for distraction.
[/quote]
What's the difference between a mallard with a cold and you? One's a sick duck, and I can't remember the rest but lolTPF.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1297824574' post='2635079']

[/quote]

You're so busy trying to get your clever little insults in you're not even listening to me. I'm done here, you've done quite a good job proving that you don't know what you're talking about.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1297825557' post='2635096']
I think the time when your alliance is completely bill locked is going to come far before that.
[/quote]

Assuming they trickle out upper tier people from time to time to throw aid bombs down to their lower tiers, this war will probably stalemate before it ever gets to that point.

FYI: Many moons ago I was in a 3:1 battle and we had superior fighting nations at our disposal and we did far more damage than we took. We lost.

Quality doesn't always win against quantity.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297826398' post='2635113']You're so busy trying to get your clever little insults in you're not even listening to me. I'm done here, you've done quite a good job proving that you don't know what you're talking about.[/quote]
Yes, yes... You speak at such a lofty level that we simpletons cannot understand you.

I understand fine. You are the mouthpiece for a bandwagon alliance who cannot get any propaganda traction without resorting to bald faced lies, obfuscation when caught, and a faux superior attitude when it all breaks down.

But then I can understand you feeling that way at Athens given this gem of wit.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1297826134' post='2635105']What's the difference between a mallard with a cold and you? One's a sick duck, and I can't remember the rest but lolTPF.[/quote]
Yes Fyfe, I can understand you feeling so smart.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1297827771' post='2635138']+Zeke+, what the hell are you going on about? Do you even know?[/quote]
A bad habit of mine. I just like kicking posers. I suppose it is mean spirited, but I can't help myself.