A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1298390647' post='2641702']
Ice cream cones?

I realize reason went out the window a while back, but this is off the hook. If you are forced to resort to poor ice cream cone analogies to make your point, you have already lost the debate.

What you all asked for was wrong.

You know it was wrong.

Everyone knows you know it was wrong.

That is why every instance of you guys attempting to defend it looks bad. It looks dishonest. Each and every argument that doesn't hold water makes it appear more and more so.

These guys entered honoring a treaty, to help their partner defensively. They had no expectation of winning a war here. There was no opportunism on their part. [i]Most everyone that is not directly allied to you, even some of you yourselves, sees this[/i]. Every reason given in this thread & others has been shot down.

The newest complaint is that they aren't being respectful enough. Respect begets respect, and you have treated them with none. If you are expecting them to kiss up to you after you treated them the way you did, maybe you should rethink your expectations, as your expectations are unreasonable.

I think that nothing would be lost if you guys were able to come to the table & start over. A lot could be gained, by both of you. Good luck getting this resolved.
[/quote]

Best post in quite a while. Might just stop arguing ice-cream cones now [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif[/img]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298387180' post='2641674']
if i was arguing that the dropped cone did in fact cost $10 you would be correct. but reread what i posted. it appears that you and Brendan in your haste to attempt to claim i am an idiot and don't know basic math, have continuously and for your part Colo, purposefully misread what i wrote. i stated that the dropped cone was the [b]CAUSE[/b] for you spending $10. not that the dropped cone cost $10 but again [b]CAUSED[/b] you to spend $10.

so now that we have finally gotten the fact that you and Brendan need to learn how to read properly instead of continuously misreading, we can move on. so, please stop trying to claim i have no logic (Colo) or i am an idiot(Brendan) when neither of you have the reading skills necessary, it appears, to even understand what was posted. so, with that i bid both of you a fond...wait not so fond actually... farewell.
[/quote]
I have gone back, you quite clearly stated the dropped cone would cost the person $10. If you mistated your position at that point then do not try to blame me because you did not properly word your statement. I have no care for what the argument that cause the ice cream cone analogy was. The ruler of Coloradia is fond of problem solving and thus wished to make clear the matter when persons incorrectly stated that the dropped cone cost $10.

CSN, give white peace. You're making fools of yourselves.

Maybe you thought that's what you were saying Doch, but it isn't:

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298335476' post='2641139']
it appears you are the one confused by your own analogy. you stated it yourself, had you not dropped the cone, you would have $5 left. but since you [b]did[/b] drop the cone, you have $0. so in other words, [b]dropping said cone cost you $10[/b] instead of $5.
[/quote][quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298342143' post='2641262']
i am gonna make this simple for you. you started off with $10 and end up with $0. [b]thus the dropped cone costs you $10.[/b] 10-10=0. i am simply incapable of being as illogical as this post.
[/quote]

Anyways, please put the ice cream cone to rest. I actually ran the numbers a page ago and the analogy isn't really necessary anymore.

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1298373864' post='2641612']
Going by CSN's warchests your own alliance won't be in a much better position.
[/quote]

What, has MK been spying on us? I guarantee I've got more days of bills saved up than you do.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1298373864' post='2641612']
Going by CSN's warchests your own alliance won't be in a much better position.
[/quote]

It's alright :P, csn has superfriends for their warchest!!haha

[quote name='Fronz' timestamp='1297650908' post='2631974']
That's ok, I'm sure your warchest will not survive a prolonged war against...THE SUPERFRIENDS! :blush:
[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298396887' post='2641787']

Anyways, please put the ice cream cone to rest. I actually ran the numbers a page ago and the analogy isn't really necessary anymore.

What, has MK been spying on us? I guarantee I've got more days of bills saved up than you do.
[/quote]
You very well may have Lord Brendan, but what about the rest of the AA. I know DT is built for this type of war, and with what i used to know about CSN unless major changes have occured, you all as a whole are not.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298396887' post='2641787']

[/quote]

last time for on the ice cream cone bit. the second quote, yes was a mistake on my part, which is why all the rest do not state that.

the dropped cone ends up costing you $10 is not the same as the dropped cone costs you $10. the fact that you continue to read that phrase and neglect to understand what "ends up" means is amusing. ends up usually gives a connotation of cause and effect. like i explained several times, because you dropped the cone, you have to spend another $5. the fact that out of however many replies on this stupid analogy, you can find a single mistake i made in phrasing, whereas all the rest of my posts on this stupid analogy are consistent should show you to be in the wrong. the fact that you have read and responded to all of them, and can only find that one mistake shows how far you are going to attempt to make me look foolish.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298314613' post='2640806']
let us take your analogy of the ice cream cone- you have $20 and [b]you pay $5 for the ice cream. it drops on the floor and you [i]pay another $5 for another ice cream cone.[/i] [/b] how much money do you have left? according to you, it would be $15.
[/quote]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298349442' post='2641384']
the failure in your logic is that you assume i think that you don't get a second cone. fact is, instead of spending $5 you have now spent $10 total. [b]$5 for the original and [i]$5 for the replacement.[/b][/i] that is $10 no matter how you cut it. so, because you dropped the first cone, you had to buy the second cone. if you had not dropped the first cone, you would not have had to spend money to buy a second one. it seriously is not that hard.
[/quote]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298335476' post='2641139']
it appears you are the one confused by your own analogy. you stated it yourself, had you not dropped the cone, you would have $5 left. but since you [b]did[/b] drop the cone, you have $0. so in other words, dropping said cone cost you $10 instead of $5.
[/quote]

for this one, i understand that you may have a hard time reading it but please point out where i said the dropped cone costs $10. if you actually read it carefully, i said dropping (key word here is dropping which is an act :o i know, hard right...) costs you $10. not the cone itself but the [b]ACT[/b] i.e. the dropped cone [b]CAUSES[/b] you to spend $10.
which again, other than that 1 mistake is what i have said.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298387180' post='2641674']
if i was arguing that the dropped cone did in fact cost $10 you would be correct. but reread what i posted. it appears that you and Brendan in your haste to attempt to claim i am an idiot and don't know basic math, have continuously and for your part Colo, purposefully misread what i wrote. i stated that the dropped cone was the [b]CAUSE[/b] for you spending $10. not that the dropped cone cost $10 but again [b]CAUSED[/b] you to spend $10.

so now that we have finally gotten the fact that you and Brendan need to learn how to read properly instead of continuously misreading, we can move on. so, please stop trying to claim i have no logic (Colo) or i am an idiot(Brendan) when neither of you have the reading skills necessary, it appears, to even understand what was posted. so, with that i bid both of you a fond...wait not so fond actually... farewell.
[/quote]

so, now that i have shown that other than the 1 mistake i made, i did in fact say the act cost $10 not the cone. now, instead of concentrating on a single post made (amusingly) after 2 other posts where i state the [b]ACT of dropping[/b] the cone costs you $10 (so wonderful of you to ignore those Brendan shows the depths you would sink in an attempt to make me look like an idiot) so frankly, i am done with you. i don't like fools attempting to make me look like an idiot while they purposefully misread what i post or use a single post that i wrote and ignore all the others. The act does in fact cost you $10 since without said act you would only spend $5. the original cone only costs $5 but the total cost amounts to $10. which means the act of dropping the original cone costs you $10 since you had to buy a replacement. it is called cause and effect. the cause was dropping the cone, the effect was having to spend the other $5 meaning the entire meal cost $10 not $5. i am used to this sort of idiotic behavior from Colo as all he can do is parrot others and can barely have an original thought himself.

as i stated before, i am done. i have proven you wrong not only in how much the act actually cost you but also in you attempting to prove me an idiot. i am also done with you as i have little time for fools who are way beyond their intellect it appears or at least go way beyond any sort of honest debate and instead sink down to what you were doing.

hell the first quote you put up of me even states that i stated teh [b]ACT OF DROPPING THE CONE COSTS $10[/B]. are you so stupid that you think that dropping the cone= the cone? dropping the cone cost $10 not the dropped cone. seriously, you are attempting to make me look like an idiot and you have no clue how to even read properly. now that i have soundly proven you to not only be dishonest but also the actual idiot in this debate, i will gladly move on. please do not respond to any of my posts again unless you can actually prove yourself to be honest and intellectually capable of reading properly. until then, just don't respond. i have little time for fools like you and i do not take kindly to having my intellect insulted by ignorant fools like yourself.

Free DT.......o/white peace

enough about a damn ice cream cone.........

whoever pays $5 for an ice cream cone is an idiot in the first place.
secondly just because you dropped it does not mean you have to buy another one.

WTF.......... <_<

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298399846' post='2641830']
i am used to this sort of idiotic behavior from Colo as all he can do is parrot others and can barely have an original thought himself.
[/quote]
Apparently proving someone wrong is now idiotic behavior. Keep sippin the kool-aid man. I'm on DT's side here but you're making a fool of yourself just about as badly as CSN. Back up what you're saying or admit you're little more than a bum living under a bridge.

$5 on an ice cream cone is acceptable if it is filled with Dippin Dots Cookies n Cream. :awesome:

Any further developments on terms? CSN has to br truly foolish to continue taking the damage they are taking just because they want 40k tech that they don't deserve at all.

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1298401612' post='2641849']

$5 on an ice cream cone is acceptable if it is filled with Dippin Dots Cookies n Cream. :awesome:
[/quote]

My good sir, everyone in Krymson knows that Banana Split Dippin' Dots are superior. Were our nations not already at war, I would deem your oversight a valid cb.

Where you appear to be getting confused is that in the situation where you drop the cone, you spend $10 total. That is true, however it does not mean that the act of dropping the cone costs you $10. If you had not dropped the cone you would still have spent $5, so the act of dropping the cone in fact only costs you $5.

You can call me an idiot and a fool as many times as you like, but in this matter I am right, and no amount of insults will change that.

Here, I'll lay it out plain and simple:

[u][b]Situation A[/b][/u]
You have $20.
You buy an ice cream cone for $5.
You now have an ice cream cone and $15.

[u][b]Situation B[/b][/u]
You have $20.
You buy an ice cream cone for $5.
You drop the ice cream cone.
You buy a second cone for $5.
You now have an ice cream cone and $10.

[u][b]Comparison[/b][/u]
(ice cream cone + $15) - (ice cream cone + $10) = $5
Therefore the act of dropping the ice cream cone cost you $5.

QED :smug:

Edited by Lord Brendan

Apparently proving someone wrong is now idiotic behavior. Keep sippin the kool-aid man. I'm on DT's side here but you're making a fool of yourself just about as badly as CSN. Back up what you're saying or admit you're little more than a bum living under a bridge.

Any further developments on terms? CSN has to br truly foolish to continue taking the damage they are taking just because they want 40k tech that they don't deserve at all.
[/quote]

you never proved me wrong. you made a claim and never produced evidence backing it up. i posted several quotes where i stated the act was what cost $10 not the original cone. only 1 quote, which i did in fact admit was a mistake on my part, was all Brendan had. as for you parroting, well fact is you came in to the middle of a debate and started parroting everything Brendan had already said. you never introduced an original thought into the debate, and in fact, never even produced a shred of evidence to back up what you parroted. it was Brendan who produced a single quote of me stating what you claimed i always stated. then it was me producing several quotes of me stating something completely different. so who is the one looking foolish? it sure ain't me because i can produce an original thought. anyways, since this is the usual way our arguments go, i am done with you. maybe if you can start backing up your own unoriginal thoughts or actually start having original thoughts, we can possibly debate. but since i have known you, it is a rare occurrence for you to actually have an original thought.

anyways, as stated in my reply to Brendan, i am done with the ice cream analogy. i have shredded Brendan's claim already.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1298403435' post='2641869']
Where you appear to be getting confused is that in the situation where you drop the cone, you spend $10 total. That is true, however it does not mean that the act of dropping the cone costs you $10. If you had not dropped the cone you would still have spent $5, so the act of dropping the cone in fact only costs you $5.

You can call me an idiot and a fool as many times as you like, but in this matter I am right, and no amount of insults will change that.
[/quote]

lawlz. so you even admit that had you not dropped the cone, you would have spent only $5. thus, because you dropped the cone, you had to spend $10. so, due to cause and effect, the act did in fact cost you $10. the only way the act would not cost you $10 is if you did not buy a replacement cone. then the act would only cost you $5. so in this matter you are wrong and you began the insults by stating i did not know basic math and your proof was ridiculous.

anyways, i truly am done now. i need to stop baiting the likes of you and Colo but it is hard as it is a complete affront to my intellect.

[/quote]

No. Goose has employed the negotiating strategy of plugging his ears and screaming "LALALALALALACAN'THEARYOULALALALALA"... :v:

[quote name='General Ozujsko' timestamp='1298405067' post='2641887']
No. Goose has employed the negotiating strategy of plugging his ears and screaming "LALALALALALACAN'THEARYOULALALALALA"... :v:
[/quote]

Him being old doesn't help either. He starts screaming LALALALALALA but then gets a hernia. It's a pretty pain-staking process for him. :(

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1298403796' post='2641877']
lawlz. so you even admit that had you not dropped the cone, you would have spent only $5. thus, because you dropped the cone, you had to spend $10. so, due to cause and effect, the act did in fact cost you $10. the only way the act would not cost you $10 is if you did not buy a replacement cone. then the act would only cost you $5. so in this matter you are wrong and you began the insults by stating i did not know basic math and your proof was ridiculous.

anyways, i truly am done now. i need to stop baiting the likes of you and Colo but it is hard as it is a complete affront to my intellect.
[/quote]

It doesn't actually matter if you buy the second cone or not. Either you're left with $15 and no cone (assuming $20 to start), or you're left with $10 and a cone (which is worth $5, by the international Dongs to Dairy Products exchange rate). In either case you have $5 less than if you hadn't dropped the cone.

[quote name='Neuronia' timestamp='1298406080' post='2641905']
CSN has passed LoSS on the way down in terms of alliance score.

o/ LoSS
o/ DT
[/quote]

Indeed...

You do realize member count weighs rather heavily correct? Seeing as how, ya know, they double our membership count but with significantly less strength.

EDIT:

ANYHOW, more blood (OOC: pixels) for the Blood God!

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298382840' post='2641642']
Hey, give him a break, he went from 116K NS to 67K. He's probably broke :awesome:
[/quote]
In Jocabia's defense, the preliminary spy reports of his WC were upwards of 900 million. Of course, he's one of very few we're facing with that sort of cash.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1298402230' post='2641855']
My good sir, everyone in Krymson knows that Banana Split Dippin' Dots are superior. Were our nations not already at war, I would deem your oversight a valid cb.
[/quote]
I might have to declare war on both of you, as mint chocolate chip Dippin' Dots are clearly the best.

Please. No more ice cream.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298406544' post='2641915']
Indeed...

You do realize member count weighs rather heavily correct? Seeing as how, ya know, they double our membership count but with significantly less strength.

EDIT:

ANYHOW, more blood (OOC: pixels) for the Blood God!
[/quote]

more room for the construction of pylons

and yeah, terrible CSN is terrible

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298405807' post='2641899']
Him being old doesn't help either. He starts screaming LALALALALALA but then gets a hernia. It's a pretty pain-staking process for him. :(
[/quote]

To be fair, I wish you were in charge of CSN. I have seen logs and you're the most reasonable govt official, by far. And I have a feeling that there would be no 40k tech terms and subsequent Dark Taliban if you were calling the shots.

I don't give out compliments lightly.

-Oz

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1298408054' post='2641926']
In Jocabia's defense, the preliminary spy reports of his WC were upwards of 900 million. Of course, he's one of very few we're facing with that sort of cash.
[/quote]
900M at 116K NS?

Oh ... man. This is not what should be considered a warchest, more like a good camp-swapping fund.

And you're saying the others are worse?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1298416032' post='2642047']
900M at 116K NS?

Oh ... man. This is not what should be considered a warchest, more like a good camp-swapping fund.

And you're saying the others are worse?
[/quote]

I have no warchest because of my nation sitter's (OOC: my brother) incompetence. :awesome: And by "no warchest" I mean pretty much negligible. But you will always have a good bunch of people who have rather crappy warchests, no matter how many times you command them to check in.

[quote name='General Ozujsko' timestamp='1298412984' post='2641998']
[...]and subsequent Dark Taliban if you were calling the shots.
[/quote]

I'm sorry for not getting the reference, but mind explaining what this means? Thanks for the compliment... I'm just trying to understand it as a whole. :P

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1298416215' post='2642050']
I have no warchest because of my nation sitter's (OOC: my brother) incompetence. :awesome: And by "no warchest" I mean pretty much negligible. But you will always have a good bunch of people who have rather crappy warchests, no matter how many times you command them to check in.

I'm sorry for not getting the reference, but mind explaining what this means? Thanks for the compliment... I'm just trying to understand it as a whole. :P
[/quote]
(OOC: That's not as bad as what happened to iPod a few years back . . . his little sister got on his account and decided to try making him money . . . by selling off infrastructure. He was down about 1,000 when he got back from the bathroom and realized what had happened)

SOM, I think what Oz is trying to say is that you're a respectable and reasonable guy who we wish that we had been doing business with since the beginning of this nonsense.